Woods, Johnson to I-R; Henderson's season over too

26CornerBlitz

Woods, Johnson to I-R; Henderson's season over too

The Bills made a handful of roster moves Tuesday with the season ending prematurely for three players, three others called up from the practice squad and the signing of a free agent receiver.

Injuries prematurely ended the 2015 season for a pair of players and an illness landed a third on the Non-Football Injury list Tuesday. Buffalo also promoted three players from their practice squad, signed a free agent receiver and released WR/KR Marcus Thigpen

WR

Robert Woodsand LB Randell Johnson were both placed on injured reserve as their injuries sustained in the loss at Washington have a recovery time that stretches beyond the end of the regular season. Woods, who was playing through a nagging groin injury, made the ailment worse on Sunday and will not be healthy in time for either of the team’s two remaining games.

OT Seantrel Henderson, who has missed each of the last three games due to illness, will miss the rest of the season as well. He was placed on the Non-Football Injury list.

Three called up; Bills sign WR Salas

To fill the void Buffalo promoted three players from the practice squad to their 53-man roster. The Bills called up WR Dezmin Lewis, WR Walter Powell and DT Jerel Worthy Lewis was Buffalo’s seventh-round pick this past spring.

Buffalo also signed free agent WR Greg Salas. A former fourth-round pick of the St. Louis Rams in 2011, Salas played under head coach Rex Ryan and receivers coach Sanjay Lal from 2013-2014 with the New York Jets.

@ChrisBrownBills

Rex - WR Walt Powell called up from practice squad will handle returns on Sunday. #Bills

Bills also add FS Jonathan Dowling to the PS. Former Raiders 7th round pick from Western Kentucky.

6' 3", 190lbs. Rangy, lanky coverage monster and a personal favourite of mine.

How is he in run support?

How is he in run support?

I think enthusiastic would be a good way of putting it. He was undisciplined, came in like a missile at times. Very similar to Duke Williams in his Nevada days.

There's always been a cloud over him, questions about his attitude. Florida got rid of him, Raiders cut him primarily over what was suggested as immaturity.

Buffalo also signed free agent WR Greg Salas. A former fourth-round pick of the St. Louis Rams in 2011, Salas played under head coach Rex Ryan and receivers coach Sanjay Lal from 2013-2014 with the New York Jets.

Am I missing something, or when we sign guys off the street, is it always guys who've played with Rex before, even on offense, and not guys who've played with Roman?