Grab-Your-Ankles Foreign Policy On Display Again

Ha! I read KD's mention of Milquetoast and I automatically thought Obama.

Carry on. :lol:

So, we have identified the problem as you thinking.... B-)

Sorry, could not resist

Sometimes it's hard to keep all the milquetoast Democrats straight.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obama has come out and said to all of our adversaries that for the sake of an agreement he will bend over for them, and it would be nice if they used KY, but he'll understand if they don't.

He will actually enforce the agreement he negotiated? Say it ain't so!!!!

Looks like ISIS is grabbing their ankles!

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/29/world/middleeast/iraq-ramadi-isis.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

BAGHDAD — Iraqi forces said on Monday they had seized a strategic government complex in the western city of Ramadi from the Islamic State after a fierce weeklong battle, putting them on the verge of a crucial victory following a brutal seven-month occupation of the city by the extremist group.

The loss of Ramadi, the capital and most populous city of the western Iraqi province of Anbar, would be the most significant in a string of recent defeats for the Islamic State, which has occupied a large stretch of Iraq and Syria since the middle of last year.

Be nice if ISIS was crushed before Obama left office

Why before he leaves? Sounds like you're more concerned about who gets credit than ISIS being defeated.

Why before he leaves? Sounds like you're more concerned about who gets credit than ISIS being defeated.

You'd rather still have them around after 2017? I don't. Sounds like you just want them around killing, burning, threatening and causing untold human suffering just to blame Obama

You'd rather still have them around after 2017? I don't. Sounds like you just want them around killing, burning, threatening and causing untold human suffering just to blame Obama

Yes I want them around to blame Obama. You're so perceptive. Now seriously answer my question. Why do you want them gone BEFORE Obama leaves office? Why is that your timetable? Wouldn't have been just as easy to say you'd like them defeated ASAP?

In Afghanistan, Taliban Controls Most Territory Since 2001
Some good news from Ramadi in the war on terror… but ominous news on other fronts:
In Afghanistan, Taliban Controls Most Territory Since 2001; ISIS Preparing ‘Greatest Religious Cleansing in History’ Remember how Obama likes to go around saying, “we ended two wars”?
What he means is, “we ended two wars by losing them.”
In Afghanistan, the bad guys are winning:https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/a-year-of-taliban-gains-shows-that-we-havent-delivered-top-afghan-official-says/2015/12/27/172213e8-9cfb-11e5-9ad2-568d814bbf3b_story.html In private, top Afghan and American officials have begun to voice increasingly grim assessments of the resurgent Taliban threat, most notably in a previously undisclosed transcript of a late October meeting of the Afghan National Security Council.
“We have not met the people’s expectations. We haven’t delivered,” Abdullah Abdullah, the country’s chief executive, told the high-level gathering. “Our forces lack discipline. They lack rotation opportunities. We haven’t taken care of our own policemen and soldiers. They continue to absorb enormous casualties.”
With control of — or a significant presence in — roughly 30 percent of districts across the nation, according to Western and Afghan officials, the Taliban now holds more territory than in any year since 2001, when the puritanical Islamists were ousted from power after the 9/11 attacks. For now, the top American and Afghan priority is preventing Helmand, largely secured by U.S. Marines and British forces in 2012, from again falling to the insurgency.
There’s a good milestone in Iraq . . . Iraq’s army declared victory over Islamic State fighters in a provincial capital west of Baghdad on Sunday, the first major triumph for the U.S.-trained force since it collapsed in the face of an assault by the militants 18 months ago.
{snip}
A German journalist who spent 10 days with Islamic State says that the radical jihadist group that has captured wide swaths of Syria and Iraq is deterred by only one Middle Eastern country – Israel.
In an interview with the British Jewish News, Jurgen Todenhofer recalls his brief time behind enemy lines during which he spoke with ISIS fighters.
“The only country ISIS fears is Israel,” Todenhofer, a former member of the German parliament, told Jewish News. “They told me they know the Israeli army is too strong for them.” The writer said that ISIS wants to lure British and American forces into Syria and Iraq, areas where it thinks it has an advantage.
Todenhofer said that ISIS was “preparing the largest religious cleansing in history” and that he was “pessimistic” that the threat it poses could be neutralized. He added that the Paris attacks was just the first of “a storm” that is coming to Western cities.
“They are not scared of the British and the Americans, they are scared of the Israelis and told me the Israeli army is the real danger. We can’t defeat them with our current strategy. These people [the IDF] can fight a guerrilla war.
” “In Mosul there are 10,000 fighters living among 1.5 million people in 2,000 apartments, not in one place – so it would be difficult [for western soldiers] to fight them. ISIS fighters are ready to die in a war against a western soldiers.”

The war may be going badly, but don’t worry, America: President Obama remains determined to win the news cycle:
During a National Security Council meeting held at the Pentagon on Dec. 14, President Barack Obama told top military officials and other officials he wanted to see a better job of having the so-called “narrative” of the war on ISIS communicated to the American people, a senior defense official told CNN.

The easiest way to change the perception about something is to change the reality about something. If ISIS keeps losing territory, they’ll be seen as weak and beaten.

Yes I want them around to blame Obama. You're so perceptive. Now seriously answer my question. Why do you want them gone BEFORE Obama leaves office? Why is that your timetable? Wouldn't have been just as easy to say you'd like them defeated ASAP?

Because I'm reasonable and that seems like the soonest reasonable time frame B-)

I suppose you think the President should just snap his fingers and have them disappear, most Trump supporters think that

Because I'm reasonable and that seems like the soonest reasonable time frame B-)

I suppose you think the President should just snap his fingers and have them disappear, most Trump supporters think that

No I'm the reasonable one here and feel the ISIS or some form of them will be will us long after Obama is out of the WH.

Oh, and this is nice

Washington (AFP) - Iran sent a major shipment of low-enriched uranium materials to Russia on Monday, a key step in Tehran's implementation of this year's historic nuclear accord with world powers

The United States hailed the move, which Secretary of State John Kerry said marked "significant progress" in Tehran's fulfillment of a deal to stop it developing nuclear weapons.

The Russian foreign ministry confirmed the report after Ali Akbar Salehi, head of Iran's Atomic Energy Organization, told the ISNA news agency: "The fuel exchange process has taken place."

http://news.yahoo.com/iran-ships-uranium-russia-under-nuclear-deal-us-192806025.html;_ylt=AwrTcdM81oFWQ0YAJhInnIlQ;_ylu=X3oDMTEzdnFtbm92BGNvbG8DZ3ExBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDRkZSVkJLXzEEc2VjA3Nj

No I'm the reasonable one here and feel the ISIS or some form of them will be will us long after Obama is out of the WH.

Probably. It's reasonable to hope though.

Iran sent a major shipment of low-enriched uranium materials to Russia on Monday, a key step in Tehran's implementation of this year's historic nuclear accord with world powers.

[...]

This would mean that it would not have enough fuel on hand to rapidly enrich enough to the levels needed to build a nuclear weapon -- lengthening its so-called "breakout time" to more than a year.

Kerry said that Iran's shipment to Russia had already tripled the amount of time it would take to produce enough fuel for a bomb from two or three months up to six or nine.

THAT'S the "historic agreement" you're crowing about? Iran promises to perpetually be a year away from being a nuclear power? :lol:

Probably. It's reasonable to hope though.

Like it was reasonable to hope that invading Iraq and toppling Saddam would leave behind a stable, functional country with little commitment of US forces. How'd that turn out?

Like it was reasonable to hope that invading Iraq and toppling Saddam would leave behind a stable, functional country with little commitment of US forces. How'd that turn out?

You are bashing Bush now? Fickle! And no, I did not think that was a reasonable assumption. I'd consider Obama's treaty to be a far greater success already. But who knows, maybe you guys can be happy and it will fail. Let's hope! Huh?

You are bashing Bush now? Fickle! And no, I did not think that was a reasonable assumption. I'd consider Obama's treaty to be a far greater success already. But who knows, maybe you guys can be happy and it will fail. Let's hope! Huh?

I was bashing Bush then, you !@#$ing moron.

And what the !@#$ is wrong with you? We're talking about "hope" as it relates to a strategy concerning ISIS. Not Iran. Will you at least try to have a coherent conversation, just once? Please?

Or, be nice if Obama was "gone" before ISIS takes on the US more directly.