12-21: Eric Wood and Rex Ryan on WGR

26CornerBlitz

12-21: ERIC WOOD ON WGR (20:06)

12-21: REX RYAN ON WGR (13:40)

Coach Rex Ryan joins Schopp next. Lots of question for the coach.

Rex: "Playoffs were the #1 goal, obviously we're disappointed."

Rex: "Safe to say I expected to get a lot of sacks, we all did, fans included."

Rex: "We had high expectations going in and we didn't reach those expectations and we have to find out why."

Rex: "Aaron Williams is a passionate player, one of the guys I was most excited about coming in here, unfortunately he got hurt."

Rex: "We have two games left and those two games are very important."

Rex: "We got some mean guys [coaches]."

Rex: "Love the fact Sammy is willing to put himself out there. Need not only a coach to lead but need players to lead."

Rex: "I was very excited about Watkins comments."

Rex: "Doug and I are on the same page with everything. Comments are ridiculous. Our agenda is all about winning and making Buffalo proud."

Rex: "Look at the 2015 draft, that was an outstanding draft, McCoy trade, and picking up Tyrod he's hit home runs that off-season."

Rex: "I think it's an erroneous source. Source is just wrong."

Rex: "Make no mistake next week is about trying to get the win."

Rex: "Christmas is not the way I wanted it to be. Not a very merry Christmas at my house."

It's amazing. We started out with high hopes on Ryan and he let us down. We started out ready to throw Wood under the bus and he surprised us.

Rex should have listened to himself when he said he'd take talented players and put them in positions to best take advantage of their inherent skill sets. He did anything but that this year. With regard to Eric Wood, he's been a pleasant surprise this year as he's raised his level of play in this system as I pointed out in a thread a few weeks ago.

Rex should have listened to himself when he said he'd take talented players and put them in positions to best take advantage of their inherent skill sets. He did anything but that this year. With regard to Eric Wood, he's been a pleasant surprise this year as he's raised his level of play in this system as I pointed out in a thread a few weeks ago.

he is back to the basics of play, wood.

that he is able to block the guys over him and not have to use his head. i do not want to insult the man but i do not see him as being very smart in the system. i do believe that he gets wrapped up in the game and his play and that he runs on instinct over intelligence when playing. good coaches realize this and instruct him - it is clear. he is responding to much better coaches. which is amazing because marrone was a former player turned coach while roman and kromer have never played at the high level.

a player turned coach is a lot different than i professional coach.