12-21: Rex Ryan's Monday Presser

26CornerBlitz

Rex Ryan: "I Expected Us to Play Much Better" (21:30)

The Bills head coach talks about the struggles in the secondary against Washington, the possibility of changes, and comments made postgame by the players.

@JaySkurski

#Bills coach Rex Ryan starts his Monday press conference by saying "it was pretty much an awful performance." So we're off and running ...

Rex Ryan says it looked like his secondary lacked confidence, which is the thing he was most disappointed in. #Bills

Rex Ryan, on his comment after the game about drastic changes, doubles down, saying "changes, basically, are inevitable." #Bills

@ChrisBrownBills

Rex on lack of confidence in secondary: we were playing so far off & wasn't how we practiced it. Right techniques not used at times. #Bills

@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills HC Rex Ryan: I read all of Sammy's comments. I love the fact that he's taking accountability.

#Bills HC Rex Ryan: We believe we have a better team than our record would indicate.

#Bills HC Rex Ryan: I'm aware of Mario's comments. I think most everybody is frustrated.

#Bills HC Rex Ryan: As far as the substitutions and all that, you're not going to go with small personnel groupings when there are extra OL

#Bills HC Rex Ryan: There's nobody in this building that questioned whether or not Mario was sick.

@JaySkurski

Rex said Mario Williams didn't eat for three straight days and was wearing a mask in the facility when he did come in. "He clearly was sick"

@SalSports

"He clearly was sick. But he came in and got the game plan and tried to make up for it. I admire fact he came back and toughed it out" -Rex

@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills HC Rex Ryan: I would love for Mario to be back next year. Does that mean that there won't be changes along the way? No, we know that.

@JaySkurski

John Miller reinjured his high-ankle sprain, Rex said. Reiterates when a player doesn't finish a game, the outlook isn't great for next week

LeSean McCoy is scheduled for an MRI on his knee injury today. Randell Johnson has a high-ankle sprain. "That doesn't look good." #Bills

Robert Woods has a "pretty severe" groin injury and Rex says there is a possibility that it could end his season. #Bills

Nigel Bradham had a setback in his recovery from an ankle injury. Questionable as to whether he'll be able to play against Dallas. #Bills

TE Charles Clay is expected to be able to return against the Cowboys, Ryan said. #Bills

I would tell Rex if he can't win the next 2 games then he can't be our HC next year. Players will continue to get hurt since most don't seem to want to play for Rex.

thats weird. They are getting hurt, and they may or may not like Rex but the two don't seem to be related. Do all the teams with rash of injuries this year just dive into season ending injuries to screw the coach?

I'd be fine if Rex just stopped giving pressers from here out. I have no interest in what he has to say anymore. He doesn't have to tell me he's shocked the Bills are this bad. We know. The problem is that it's still surprises him. If you coach players and then you're surprised they suck, then you ain't any good at coaching.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I'd be fine if Rex just stopped giving pressers from here out. I have no interest in what he has to say anymore. He doesn't have to tell me he's shocked the Bills are this bad. We know. The problem is that it's still surprises him. If you coach players and then you're surprised they suck, then you ain't any good at coaching.

PR is his strong suit, I'd be fine if his only responsibility was giving pressers from here on out, but let the coordinators run the team.

Wrex can wear the headset, throw the challenge flag (with some help), glad hand the players, and paint his house blue and red...."The Face of the Franchise".

Edited by HoF Watkins