Congrats to Fred

YoloinOhio

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good for Freddie . But let's be honest . He hasn't contributed much to the Hawks despite injuries to Marshawn and Rawls.

Yet despite the Seahawks' revolving door at RB, Fred has stayed on. Wonder why?

(On the role of Fred Jackson…) “He just knows how to do so many different things, and so many things so well. That’s why he’s played 10 years, and he’s going to play for a few more, I’m assuming, too. A lot more. He can just do so many things. His professionalism, first of all. It’s a tribute to be around a guy like that, because you learn so much and how he moves, and how he functions, and the business mentality that he has and how he comes to work every day with the relentless work ethic, it’s a lot of fun to watch. Also, he knows the game of football. He can make so many different plays, as you saw tonight. He’s great on third down for us, he can do a lot of different things. You have to give all the love to that guy and what he can do.”

(On Fred Jackson making the playoffs for the first time in his career…)“When Fred got here, that was one of the things I was talking to him about. That’s the reason why he came here, to win a lot of football games and to get in the playoffs and give ourselves a chance. We wouldn’t be here without Fred. The things that he’s done for us. He’s stepped up and made the plays. What an exciting player he is, and all the things that he can do. I’m really happy for him, and I’m happy for us in what we’re doing.”

Good for Freddie . But let's be honest . He hasn't contributed much to the Hawks despite injuries to Marshawn and Rawls.

Then you haven't been paying attention. If you look only at rushing and receiving, yeah, he doesn't have the stats. Fred is a 3rd down back, used almost exclusively for blitz pickup. He stoned a guy a few weeks ago and Russell Wilson threw a game-winning TD pass. Fred's made a significant contribution to the Seahawks playoff run, and the leadership in the locker room is HUGE. Did you read Sammy's comments about the lack of leadership in the room? He basically said there are no leaders on this team, so feels he needs to step up. Good for Sammy, but for leadership alone, we missed Fred big time this year. He would have been a solid role player and could have filled in when LeShady and Karlos went down, but no, we got Cierre Wood. The only silver lining is that Mike Gillislee is a great find. Congratulations to Fred, no one deserves it more.

Yet despite the Seahawks' revolving door at RB, Fred has stayed on. Wonder why?

(On the role of Fred Jackson…) “He just knows how to do so many different things, and so many things so well. That’s why he’s played 10 years, and he’s going to play for a few more, I’m assuming, too. A lot more. He can just do so many things. His professionalism, first of all. It’s a tribute to be around a guy like that, because you learn so much and how he moves, and how he functions, and the business mentality that he has and how he comes to work every day with the relentless work ethic, it’s a lot of fun to watch. Also, he knows the game of football. He can make so many different plays, as you saw tonight. He’s great on third down for us, he can do a lot of different things. You have to give all the love to that guy and what he can do.”

(On Fred Jackson making the playoffs for the first time in his career…)“When Fred got here, that was one of the things I was talking to him about. That’s the reason why he came here, to win a lot of football games and to get in the playoffs and give ourselves a chance. We wouldn’t be here without Fred. The things that he’s done for us. He’s stepped up and made the plays. What an exciting player he is, and all the things that he can do. I’m really happy for him, and I’m happy for us in what we’re doing.”

$%^&in' A Bubba!!

Then you haven't been paying attention. If you look only at rushing and receiving, yeah, he doesn't have the stats. Fred is a 3rd down back, used almost exclusively for blitz pickup. He stoned a guy a few weeks ago and Russell Wilson threw a game-winning TD pass. Fred's made a significant contribution to the Seahawks playoff run, and the leadership in the locker room is HUGE. Did you read Sammy's comments about the lack of leadership in the room? He basically said there are no leaders on this team, so feels he needs to step up. Good for Sammy, but for leadership alone, we missed Fred big time this year. He would have been a solid role player and could have filled in when LeShady and Karlos went down, but no, we got Cierre Wood. The only silver lining is that Mike Gillislee is a great find. Congratulations to Fred, no one deserves it more.

$%^&in' A Bubba!!

You're reaching a bit here.

Fitzpatrick looks to be on his way too... and Chan...

This doesn't make me sick at all. Nope.

they have to win out and need help to get in, from the way it looks. They have Pats and Bills, who they haven't beaten on forever, and steelers and chiefs have nobody. Edited by YoloinOhio

Since the Seahawks signed Fred Jackson in September, they made about 10 RBs moves. None of them involved Fred Jackson.

That cut is going to go down as one of Whaley's worst moves. The Bills have a really bad locker room right now, and he's the sort of player who can make a difference on that front.

He's played 191 out of the teams 842 snaps (23 percent) and has 26 catches. That's reasonably solid production for a role-playing 3rd down back who is 34 years old. Don't tell me the Bills couldn't have used him.