Twitter rumors about Bills new structure, fate of Rex/Whaley

YoloinOhio

This guy Joe Chenelly has a source somewhere at OBD. He's had some info in the past. Fwiw:

@jchenelly: Current GM Doug Whaley will need to accept a lesser role w/ the #Bills if he is to remain with the team at all. There will be a new chief.

@Nagle_23: @jchenelly where you getting this info from

@jchenelly: @Nagle_23 Personal friend who is in the know and OK with me sharing, as has been the case for about a year.

@nickellion79: @MikeSilver @RaiderBounty @Na_Na_Nesci @JeremyWGR Mike any chance you think they realize they made a mistake with Rex?

@jchenelly: @nickellion79 Yes. But the person who will decide Rex Ryan's fate is not yet working for the team. #Bills

@nickellion79: @jchenelly Joe you are always well connected. What is going on at OBD right now?

@jchenelly: @nickellion79 A lot of disappointment. There may be some trigger-happy folks after today's game.

Blow it up !

it's what they should have done last year.

If I'm Whaley I'm out.

Wonder who the new GM will be?

if Pegs think they made a mistake they should get rid of Rex, but they probably don't want to get a bad rep to work for.

Well maybe there is hope after all. Pegula is not stupid and probably is seeing the organization is a mess so the right way t build it is hire the guy who than hires the coach and rest of football staff like scouts etc. plus his son tweet about the defense yesterday shows that things are not going well for the RX Ryan show

What tweet?

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blow it up !

it's what they should have done last year.

If I'm Whaley I'm out.

Wonder who the new GM will be?

if Pegs think they made a mistake they should get rid of Rex, but they probably don't want to get a bad rep to work for.

What tweet?

It was in Sully's column. Pegula's son tweeted something during the game about how much the defense sucks and then he deleted it.

I just want to see someone from the outside who has success in the nfl brought in at a high level, and build from the top down. Nobody there has a clue on how to win in the nfl and it shows on the field.

I don't care if the guy wants to tear it down to the studs and we need to go through a few 2 win seasons to get there... I am done with 5 to 8 win seasons. I want a sustainably good football program. Rex Ryans WWE crap isn't that.

:worthy::worthy::worthy:

It was in Sully's column. Pegula's son tweeted something during the game about how much the defense sucks and then he deleted it.

interesting.

of course we can't let the kids decide that didn't work out to good with the Sabres

Last year even the NFL wanted the new team owners to hire an NFL experienced senior adviser, and they declined for whatever reason. I'm thinking Russ Brandon had a lot to do with that.

Just think if this new hire doesn't want to keep Rex Ryan after this year then the Pegula's will have over 24 million in lost money due to Rex's contract, and St Doug's walk away clause.

pocket change

Tried last year's defense against NE but Brady beat it with quick release

The first NE game or the 2nd?

first, sounded like Bills were shocked how NE avoided sacks, but not jamming receivers at los big mistake

Everyone acts as if Rex inherited a superstar team that he tanked as opposed to inheriting a bunch of guys who eeked out a 9-7 finish and could have just as easily been 6-10.

Bottom line is that the roster is still filled with a bunch of idiots who are prone to making a boneheaded play once a game.

Yet somehow, many of the same idiots made far fewer boneheaded plays last year

The team's record last year misses an important point. Last year, our D was fourth in the league (pts or yds) but our O was a mediocre 18th. It was reasonable to expect that with offensive improvement, an improvement in our record might follow.

Instead, while our offense has indeed improved modestly to 13th, our D has dropped to the mediocrity (17th) our O enjoyed last year.

@matty pegula

Good job D really just playing great today (ok sign, thumbs up sign)

http://uproxx.com/sports/2015/12/matty-pegula-son-of-bills-owner-criticizes-defense-on-twitter/

just for the record

there is no doubt in my mind that the Pegula's will hire the best available GM/ czar to right this ship.

money will be no object.

ok....now back to having fun dogging a few players....

just for the record

there is no doubt in my mind that the Pegula's will hire the best available GM/ czar to right this ship.

money will be no object.

ok....now back to having fun dogging a few players....

I hope you are right.

IMO the biggest issue is the lack of real leadership on the football side of things for a long, long time. Fix that first and build the program. All this other chatter about Rex Ryan, Whaley, Mario, Tyrod, etc is just background noise/distractions.

Plug one leak, change a couple things, and others will spring up.

Added pertinent point. In fact, Schwartz took over a mediocre (20th on points) D and improved it to 4th.

This is a really good point, Hope. The anomaly with the Bills defense was the 2014 season. The defense was 20th, 26th, 30th, and 28th prior to that. One has to go back to the Dick Jauron era to find when the Bills defense was even mediocre: 16, 14, 18, and 10th.

The team's record last year misses an important point. Last year, our D was fourth in the league (pts or yds) but our O was a mediocre 18th. It was reasonable to expect that with offensive improvement, an improvement in our record might follow.

Instead, while our offense has indeed improved modestly to 13th, our D has dropped to the mediocrity (17th) our O enjoyed last year.

Actually, the players did make the boneheaded plays last year. But they weren't highlighted as much because the coach wasn't the lightning rod.

An earlier post mentioned these guys as great executives or coaches or something to that point. All this complaining about Rex and Whaley and the Pegulas and Wilson as garbage or some form of fecal matter ignores the only key issue.... you don't win as a GM, Owner, or Coach without a franchise QB. If you get lucky and find one (and a lot of it is circumstances and luck, let's be honest) you win and look like a genius, you don't find one, you're a failure.

Who was the franchise QB in the 2013 SB? For 49ers? For Baltimore - is Flacco your idea of a Franchise Guy?

How about Eli Manning in 2012?

Russ Wilson? You can Google "Russ Wilson Not Elite" and find all sorts of pundits pontificating.

The fact is, a quality QB is important, but it is far from "the only key issue".

GMs owners and coaches have enjoyed considerable winning success with a competent NFL QB and the right scheme/pieces around him.

Without the right pieces around him (strong D, solid OL) many a potentially-franchise QB has failed to find success (Stafford, Bradford, Rivers, Ryan)

Either bring in a new voice and let him pick a GM/coach combination or stay with the current team of Whaley/Rex for at least the next season. Forget the middling approach.

@TyDunne

New at the BN Blog: Three thoughts ... Fresh voice, motivation, Tyrod Taylor http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/12/22/tyler-dunnes-three-bills-thoughts-fresh-voice-motivation-tyrod-taylor/

Go ahead and pull the rosters from 2006-09.

If you want to take a good long list of the players contributing to those teams, then turn around and tell me coaching would have made a difference, you have no business challenging any one on any football-related topic, ever.

One interesting point of note is how quickly many players from those teams found themselves out of the league.

Plus I would argue that this years schedule was much easier than last year & is about as easy of a schedule as humanly possible to get. There is a decent chance that out of the 8 games we play against 2 different divisions(AFC South & NFC East) that not one team from either of the 2 divisions is going to finish over 500. Since the new scheduling format was put out has that ever happened before? All Rex had to do was not screw the defense up & be a decent game manager & this team could of caked walked to 11 wins. When you really break it down like that it truly is a fireable offense.

Plus I would argue that this years schedule was much easier than last year & is about as easy of a schedule as humanly possible to get. There is a decent chance that out of the 8 games we play against 2 different divisions(AFC South & NFC East) that not one team from either of the 2 divisions is going to finish over 500. Since the new scheduling format was put out has that ever happened before? All Rex had to do was not screw the defense up & be a decent game manager & this team could of caked walked to 11 wins. When you really break it down like that it truly is a fireable offense.

We won 3 really close games last year (Bears in OT, Lions Game, Vikings game) and got a free one at NE. This year - we have lost several close games. Bounces and injuries have not gone our way this year.

My sources are telling me that Schwartz has agreed to be head coach next year. Rex and his clown circus will be given a one way bus pass out of town after the last game never to return. Merry Christmas to all!

Oh yay, a HC with a career record of 29-51! can't wait :sick: