Post game comments thread

FireChan

This year was THE MOST disappointing that I can remember since '04. We have some excellent talent, a complete lack of discipline, and an even more inept staff overall than last year. It's sickening.

Edited by H2o

Here is Dunne's article

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/12/20/mario-williams-criticizes-insurgents-in-building-unsure-on-future-in-buffalo/

Tyler Dunne @TyDunne 1m1 minute ago

Sammy Watkins is putting it on the players: "We need to forget about anybody’s feelings. We need to call people out."

Jeremy White @JeremyWGR

Jeremy White Retweeted Tyler Dunne

Does he have a name? A place to start?

Tyler Dunne @TyDunne 3m3 minutes ago

Tyler Dunne Retweeted Jeremy White

He did in our convo earlier this season and turned out to be right.

Edited by Reed83HOF

Here is Dunne's article

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/12/20/mario-williams-criticizes-insurgents-in-building-unsure-on-future-in-buffalo/

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 1m1 minute ago

Sammy Watkins is putting it on the players: "We need to forget about anybodys feelings. We need to call people out."

Jeremy White ‏@JeremyWGR

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 3m3 minutes ago

Good article. Exactly what it looked like out there-- a totally reactionary defense. Bizarre.

Here is the Dunne article with Sammy from October:

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/10/15/sammy-watkins-speaks-up-when-i-get-one-on-one-just-target-me/

“You really just put it on film," Watkins said, "and go to the coach like, ‘Hey, I’m getting open. What’s the deal here?’ Don’t be an (expletive) about it, just go talk to him about the situation.

Not even close...in this instance 4 more non-playoff appearances in a theater not close to you

4 more missed years of playoff's ties the New Orleans Ain'ts for the most consecutive years missing the playoffs since the leagues merged.....do the paper bags come out soon?

Here is Dunne's article

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 1m1 minute ago

Sammy Watkins is putting it on the players: "We need to forget about anybodys feelings. We need to call people out."

Jeremy White ‏@JeremyWGR

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 3m3 minutes ago

ok I'm slow... Who did he call out earlier this season?

Good article. Exactly what it looked like out there-- a totally reactionary defense. Bizarre.

Which is why the players look like dog $h!t; they aren't playing they are thinking while trying to play. Always a step or 2 behind...

ok I'm slow... Who did he call out earlier this season?

I put the article up a few spots below...

Mostly the QBs

Mario is being honest. Coaching and substitutions has been uneven all season. He and Sammy are 2 guys who are at odds with the coaching staff. I still say the coaching staff needs to be purged. Rex knows this.

Mario is being honest. Coaching and substitutions has been uneven all season. He and Sammy are 2 guys who are at odds with the coaching staff. I still say the coaching staff needs to be purged. Rex knows this.

It ends up being 2 of what are our top 4 players unhappy with coaches. Then layer in dareus having skeptical comments about his role this summer. That's 3 of 4.

Atleast the other one is just kissing the eagle.

Leadership is in an interesting place these days

We all spend a lot of time searching for leaders in the #Bills locker room but Sammy Watkins sure sounded like one after Sunday's loss.

Dunne's article on Sammy's comments today. (NOTE - Sammy must have watched the 30 for 30)

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/12/20/sammy-watkins-wants-accountability-if-youre-not-going-to-do-your-job-cut-him/

"We need to forget about anybody’s feelings," Watkins said. "We need to call people out. If I’m doing something wrong, call me out. If the line is doing something wrong or messing up, call them out. If the defense is doing something wrong, the defensive line, the secondary, call it out. Because at the end of the day, we’re doing it to win, not to get on somebody and make them feel bad. We’re grown men. This is our job. We get paid millions and hundreds of thousands of dollars. Forget the money. You’ve got to go out there each week and play for the guy next to you.

Again and again, Watkins repeated that the players need to put it on themselves and "take more accountability." That could mean more film sessions, he said, so players know their job and can play at full speed.

"I think everybody needs to look at themselves in the mirror — forget the coaches," Watkins said. "It’s not the coaches’ team. It’s the players’ team. And we’ve got to take over as players.”

"There should be no giving up or quitting," Watkins said. "I don’t care about the calls. We’ve got to come together as a team, as a group. It’s within us. If we don’t fix it, it’ll never get fixed.”

Edited by Reed83HOF

It ends up being 2 of what are our top 4 players unhappy with coaches. Then layer in dareus having skeptical comments about his role this summer. That's 3 of 4.

Atleast the other one is just kissing the eagle.

Leadership is in an interesting place these days

I saw military units like this. Never ends well. Heads roll.

Fire Rex. Yes, there are other problems, but the meltdown this season all comes down to him. The team right now is a trash fire and he's the reason. These same defensive players last season were able to do their jobs and succeed at them. Then Rex comes in with his bluster and his schemes and suddenly they all become incompetent? Suddenly they can't play ten snaps without a penalty?

Hiring him was the worst decision the Pegulas have made, and until they undo it, the team is in the dumpster. You can tell yourself it's just a matter of getting rid of the players who don't fit his system or his personality, and replacing them with others, but Ryan shows manifest inadequacies as a game day coach and leader of the team. His squad is undisciplined, confused, hesitant, out of synch. His game prep is spotty at best.

I do not see how it will get better--change the players and he'll still be the same man with the same bad habits, inability to change, unsuccessful methods and excuses. He must go.