Around the NFL: Odell Beckhams meltdown

boyst

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On yeah after today I've changed my mind. After the way he got his team fired up and smoked the trash talking Norman for the tying TD. For those paying attention (again) Norman bad been trash talking before the game, and instigated most of the back and forth. Ask cam about his training camp BS when he straight armed cam, and cam nearly dismembered him if not for the rest of the team pulling him off. Truth is Sammy talks smack to the media about his team all the time, something OBJ never does. And just like I have no problem with OBJ defending himself against a punk like Norman (when the refs early on made it clear they wouldnt), I have no problem with Sammy saying he needs the ball more.

I'd love to see what would happen if Watkins was targeted as much as Beckham...Beckham gets nearly 11 targets a game, and Sammy only a little under 7. So Beckham is being thrown the ball an average of 64 more times during the season if you extrapolate a full 16 game schedule. Watkins is doing more per target than Beckham. Watkins averages over 11 yards per target while Beckham is barely over 9 yards per target. Beckham has over double the targets than Sammy does this year(151 to 75) but not double the yards...If Watkins had that many targets, he would have almost 1700 yards and 18 TDs...

Its also an apples to oranges comparison as Beckham has played with a much better caliber of QB the last 2 years than Watkins has. How could you say Watkins wouldn't have put up the same or better numbers than Beckham has if he was being force fed the ball from a good veteran QB?

Edited by matter2003

On yeah after today I've changed my mind. After the way he got his team fired up and smoked the trash talking Norman for the tying TD. For those paying attention (again) Norman bad been trash talking before the game, and instigated most of the back and forth. Ask cam about his training camp BS when he straight armed cam, and cam nearly dismembered him if not for the rest of the team pulling him off. Truth is Sammy talks smack to the media about his team all the time, something OBJ never does. And just like I have no problem with OBJ defending himself against a punk like Norman (when the refs early on made it clear they wouldnt), I have no problem with Sammy saying he needs the ball more.

Beckham is a punk. End of story. No other opinion matters, because it is on the film. He cost his team the game, and isn't it about winning. He's a punk, and deserves only derision and a nice big suspension. He's a good football player, too, but still a worthless punk.

This guy doesn't like being roughed up and EVERYTHING that Gilmore said earlier in the year is showing to be true. He's a princess that doesn't like to be hit or touched. His true colors came out yesterday and I lost A TON of respect from him.

Can't disagree. That was outrageous and despicable behavior.

If I were his agent, we'd be having a talk...

@art_stapleton: What upset Odell Beckham Jr.?

Per source, Josh Norman brought a baseball bat out pre-game. Perception: he was sending message to Beckham.

I'm going out on a limb and guessing "dropping a sure TD on the first series of the game"

But I love the excuse making for these idiots, as those they are not human beings with the ability to regulate and control their emotions and thought process.

I'm going out on a limb and guessing "dropping a sure TD on the first series of the game"

But I love the excuse making for these idiots, as those they are not human beings with the ability to regulate and control their emotions and thought process.

the spin machine is in full sprint mode

@JayGlazer: Sources say Beckham and the other player got into it after a threat to end his day was made. Panthers say no threat was made

This is why they have the black bats... But obj is paranoid and convinced that everything is about him #batgate

@BigPlayBene: Come on now my boys carry the bat with them as it symbolizes my presence still being with them at the game and the NFL has a problem???

He wasn't just talking. Here is the GIF although the article agrees with your stance.

http://thebiglead.com/2015/12/20/josh-norman-odell-beckham-body-slam/

Beckham got in his face and got his hands up around his helmet and Norman finished it. Maybe a flag on both of them, but Beckham clearly instigated it.

Terrible.officiating not to flag Norman there. Set the tone for the rest of the game with Beckham needing to defend himself.

@JasonLaCanfora: Panthers officials deny strongly any threats or slurs were made and are adamant they have long used a bat as a motivating prop...

@JasonLaCanfora: Panthers communications director Steven Drummond said: "absolutely nothing happened on the sideline. I was there. No one was threatened...

@JasonLaCanfora: Drummond went on to say: "no one was threatened with a bat. It didn't happen. It's a diversionary tactic and a good one at that."

So... It is a tactic that works on weak minded players like Odell.

Edited by YoloinOhio

What a classless bunch of thugs. Rivera should be ashamed....

Panthers used bat to taunt Odell Beckham before game

The Panthers brought a baseball bat onto the field during pregame warmups and taunted the Giants receiver with it, ESPNs Adam Schefter reported. In the video above posted by the Giants, you can see a Panthers player in street clothes pointing a bat at the Giants as they ran onto the field.

According to NFL.com, Carolina practice squad player Marcus Ball brought it onto the field and gave it to star cornerback Josh Norman who was swinging it. FOXs Jay Glazer posted video on Instagram of Norman holding the bat.

http://nypost.com/2015/12/21/panthers-taunted-odell-beckham-with-bat-before-game/