Tommy Maddox?

Frez

What ya say?

242681[/snapback]

There are worse options, but I can't say it excites me a lot. He would have the benefit of being familiar with Mularkey/Clemens, and I really want someone who has started some, and has won some games. Is Maddox a free agent? I didn't think so. Somehow, I get this vibe that there is some pretty open hostility between the Cowher and TD, I have a hard time seeing them working out a trade.

I'd say the Steelers keep him. Why not?  Surprising as it may seem, most players are not hoping, wishing, dreaming, that they get the "call" from the Bills...it's a small market team with almost non-existant chances for getting endorsement money.

242689[/snapback]

Any winning small market teams like Green Bay, Buffalo, Pittsburg will get endorsement money will get endorsement money when they WIN.

"I'd say the Steelers keep him. Why not? Surprising as it may seem, most players are not hoping, wishing, dreaming, that they get the "call" from the Bills...it's a small market team with almost non-existant chances for getting endorsement money. "

Good point. Maddox has huge potential for major endorsement money.

Dumbass.

I want to get a backup quarterback that has a history of continual success. I want one that does not want a lot of money. I want one who does not "suck", "blow" or is physically unattractive. I want one who will be happy to be a backup and until, we here at the Stadium Wall decide that JP sucks, blows and is ugly and that it is time for him to be a starter. At that time, I want this backup to be assertive and if necessary to ignore the stupid offensive coordinators calls and take the game into his own hands. Any suggestions?

A cheaper option would be the Steelers' Charlie Batch. It's JP's team. The Bills don't need to overspend on has been talent. Keep Shane Matthews as the back up and they'd be better off spending the money on Pat Williams and upgrading the O-line.

"I'd say the Steelers keep him. Why not? Surprising as it may seem, most players are not hoping, wishing, dreaming, that they get the "call" from the Bills...it's a small market team with almost non-existant chances for getting endorsement money. "

Good point. Maddox has huge potential for major endorsement money.

Dumbass.

242819[/snapback]

Don't add superlatives.

Any agent worth his salt (and commission) plies his services to players - especially second tier players, with the residuals in mind, and where they can best be obtained.