Lacanfora:Showdown could be brewing b/w Whaley,coaches

YoloinOhio

Throw the kitchen sink at Eliot Wolf or Eric DeCosta!!!!

DeCosta would be insane to leave Baltimore

He's got nothing but time and a HUGE salary while he waits for Ozzie to hang it up.

Not sure about Eliot Wolf. Some say he's the NFL version of Theo Epstein. He's very young to be a full time GM

If he is making decisions on the front office then absolutely. It also tells me things aren't changing much if this is the case. This report is very concerning.

He's not making the call.

I'm sure that Pegs will ask Russ about Whaley. Russ has the pulse of the league and would know how Whaley is thought of in NFL circles

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he is making decisions on the front office then absolutely. It also tells me things aren't changing much if this is the case. This report is very concerning.

I've been saying it for years...I think the main problem with this team during this stretch of futility has been brandon. Until they get rid of this cancer that had infected the whole organization, the bills will continue to spin their wheels.

I've been saying it for years...I think the main problem with this team during this stretch of futility has been brandon. Until they get rid of this cancer that had infected the whole organization, the bills will continue to spin their wheels.

Brandon has never exercised final say over personnel.

Closest he's come is endorsing Marrone to Nix and Whaley

I like how Whaley basically can't win around here. Either he was all in on Rex and the staff and he should be fired because they suck, or he was against it and sees how bad things were this year and should be fired because he can't get along with the coaches.

:doh:

DeCosta would be insane to leave Baltimore

He's got nothing but time and a HUGE salary while he waits for Ozzie to hang it up.

Not sure about Eliot Wolf. Some say he's the NFL version of Theo Epstein. He's very young to be a full time GM

He's not making the call.

I'm sure that Pegs will ask Russ about Whaley. Russ has the pulse of the league and would know how Whaley is thought of in NFL circles

Lol...pulse of the league??? How this clown has any supporters among bills fans is a testament to his marketing skills, I suppose.

As much as Marrone pissed me off with his leaving, at the time I wanted him to stay. Don't like coaching changes and the team did well even with Orton as QB. Had Marrone stayed, Schwartz would still be here and chances are the defense would have been strong again. Not sure what the QB or offensive situation would be, but likely would still have had McCoy. We would have a much more stable situation. Now we may be in the situation of a new GM taking over a team with Ryan with 4 years on his contract and a failing defense. Not a good thing.

I blame Marrone for this mess.

Edited by klos63

Brandon has never exercised final say over personnel.

Closest he's come is endorsing Marrone to Nix and Whaley

I think you severely underestimate his "kissing the owner's ass to gain more power" ability. He's done it twice now. If you think he doesn't have a big say in what goes on behind the scenes, then you haven't been paying attention. Until they get rid of this parasite, it's more of the same for the foreseeable future. Edited by QB Bills

Lol...pulse of the league??? How this clown has any supporters among bills fans is a testament to his marketing skills, I suppose.

Because some Bills fans don't have a conspiracy theory regarding his role in the organization

And don't be confused; Brandon is very highly respected amongst ownership from the way he kept the team so profitable in Ralph's final years

I think you severely underestimate his "kissing the owner's ass to gain more power" ability. He's done it twice now. If you think he doesn't have a big say in what goes on behind the scenes, them you haven't been paying attention. Until they get rid of this parasite, it's more of the same for the foreseeable future.

You're overestimating his involvement in the football side.

There are folks on this board that know far more about the inner workings than I do, and they've said as much

This is all about losing and its effects going on for years. Whaley is trying to protect his reputation and deflect blame for another losing season. Ryan will claim that he does not have the right types of players to run his D, which will mean a major retooling, including getting rid of M. Williams, since he has been vocal with his issues with the defense and the way he is being used. Add in a little "we miss Schwartz" from the current defensive players and we have another mess, which is to be expected after we started the season with high expectations and a lot of talk that this was a talented team.

This leaves us with more dysfunction, questions about the competency of the front office and coaching, and the prospect of another rebuild of sorts. I think we should have cleaned house last year with a new GM with a new coach picked by the GM.