Bledsoe's numbers

Frez

221 TD's and 181 int's in his career.

That's a lot of interceptions people. How many of those were in crucial parts of the game? I bet more than half of them were.

242663[/snapback]

I just keep going back to the fact the Bills were 9-7, and Lost some REAL close Games early on with a QB who was 13th best in the AFC, and 25th best in the NFL...While some around here are concentrating on JP's lack of experience, and the problems that MAY come with it, my concentration is on the fact that if JP just cuts down on the errors and Plays just a bit better than DB did in 2004, The Bills have a great shot at being a dangerous Playoff Team...

I'm not saying it can't get worse at QB in 2005, but the room for improvement is almost endless... :huh:

221 TD's and 181 int's in his career.

That's a lot of interceptions people. How many of those were in crucial parts of the game? I bet more than half of them were.

242663[/snapback]

And now time for some perspective...

Drew Bledsoe:

6049 career pass attempts

181 Interceptions

Jim Kelly:

4779 career pass attempts

175 Interceptions

And now time for some perspective...

Drew Bledsoe: 

6049 career pass attempts

181 Interceptions

Jim Kelly:

4779 career pass attempts

175 Interceptions

242856[/snapback]

To a lesser extent Favre:

7004 Attempts

226 INTs

INTs per attempt=0.0323

Bledsoe's INTs per attempts:0.0299

(I do not think that Bledsoe is close to being as good as Favre, nor am I saying that we should have kept Drew Bledsoe. I just don't see the point of continually pissing on Bledsoe since he's already leaving and just paid the fans a huge compliment.)

I just keep going back to the fact the Bills were 9-7, and Lost some REAL close Games early on with a QB who was 13th best in the AFC, and 25th best in the NFL...While some around here are concentrating on JP's lack of experience, and the problems that MAY come with it, my concentration is on the fact that if JP just cuts down on the errors and Plays just a bit better than DB did in 2004, The Bills have a great shot at being a dangerous Playoff Team...

I'm not saying it can't get worse at QB in 2005, but the room for improvement is almost endless... :)

242802[/snapback]

While I'm not overly optimistic with the change as it relates to the near term, one must agree that Drew's stats the past couple of years were very mediocre and therefore may be more obtainable or able to exceeded by JP than they might otherwise be.

All I know is I don't want another "learning/growing/ adjustment" year.

7004 Attempts

226 INTs

INTs per attempt=0.0323

(I do not think that Bledsoe is close to being as good as Favre, nor am I saying that we should have kept Drew Bledsoe. I just don't see the point of continually pissing on Bledsoe since he's already leaving and just paid the fans a huge compliment.)

242955[/snapback]

Good post.

He is still 4-3 in playoff games. It has only been 3 years since 3-13. He must of gave all that great hope the past 3 years? What was it? Who blew the Jax game on the last play?

DB is a teamer, he will always be a lightening rod for it during hard times.

Now back to that postseason record.

The Cardinals are the OLDEST team in the league, YES OLDEST. Older than the Bears, Packers, etc...

Their (team since 1920) OVERALL postseason record 3-5!

:)

Just some pespective of hardship!

While I'm not overly optimistic with the change as it relates to the near term, one must agree that Drew's stats the past couple of years were very mediocre and therefore may be more obtainable or able to exceeded by JP than they might otherwise be.

All I know is I don't want another "learning/growing/ adjustment" year.

243015[/snapback]

I also agree. I can see the change for what it was.

What would have you taken? The Fergy years or change during it for the unknown?

That is a hard choice for me.

I still believe this goes way to the top (RW) and we aren't many years away from the DF/RJ debacle.

I think, IMO, this team pulls a Halas and doesn't TRULY win until it is time.

Others out there: These are just my 2 cents, no need to flame.

7004 Attempts

226 INTs

INTs per attempt=0.0323

242955[/snapback]

That's pretty much the way I see it. There's no reason to keep crapping all over the guy. He was a model citizen while he was here who, at the very least, gave an honest effort. No, he was not a successful QB for this team and I agree with the decision to release him, but the constant Bledsoe bashing is getting old.