New Orleans To Remove Excremental Rebel Monuments

Tiberius

2 hours ago, sherpa said:

I live in Charlottesville, and the entire process is ridiculous, and the entire issue deserves not one bit of attention.

A group of lunatics drove here and tried to do something.

Local people objected and one of them got killed.

A guy is serving a life sentence for that.

The statues are very nice, have been here for ages, and offend no normal person.

My proposal was to rename them.

Just name them monuments to guys on horses and be done with it.

This entire episode is totally wasteful and ridiculous.

Interesting, but almost everyone who was in office when this happened is gone. city manager, police chief and a bunch of others.

No normal people? You mean the ancestors of enslaved persons? 

4 hours ago, Tiberius said:

No normal people? You mean the ancestors of enslaved persons? 

Ya.

Like the the overwhelming majority of people here who have lived here for generations and don't give a rip. 

Never bothered anybody before.

Get that?

Overwhelming majority.

• Like (+1) 1

• 4 weeks later...

https://newstalk1290.com/dallas-will-be-selling-the-robert-e-lee-statue-that-they-removed/

Back in September 2017, the city of Dallas removed a Robert E. Lee statue from an Oak Lawn park. The city of Dallas was looking for a museum to take the statue, but couldn't find any takers. The city will be having an auction for the statue now, but it does have some rules behind it.

The statue will have a starting bid of $450,000, that is what the city paid to remove it. The statue has been valued as high as one million dollars. The city is trying to make their money back from the removal since many are mad that hundreds of thousands of taxpayer dollars went to this removal. The other rule is, the winning bidder for the statue will be required never to display it publicly within Dallas city limits.

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

The other rule is, the winning bidder for the statue will be required never to display it publicly within Dallas city limits.

That's pretty unenforceable.

Just now, plenzmd1 said:

OKay, so we taking  the Daily Mail as a credible source now? 

The story in the daily mail aside (I don't know anything about it), it prompted a question. 

Do do you think the FBI was in the right or in the wrong when they secretly spied on King?

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The story in the daily mail aside (I don't know anything about it), it prompted a question. 

Do do you think the FBI was in the right or in the wrong when they secretly spied on King?

ha..you funny guy!

Wrong of course as I do not believe there was any connection, or any even accusations, that MLK was linked up with communists. That was all in Hoovers little pea brain.

Trump's campaign did, in fact, have a meeting with Russians under the promise of getting information helpful to them..which should lead to suspicions that maybe they had deeper ties.

Or is your contention that any investigation is wrongful if a crime is not found to have been committed?

3 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

ha..you funny guy!

Wrong of course as I do not believe there was any connection, or any even accusations, that MLK was linked up with communists. That was all in Hoovers little pea brain.

Trump's campaign did, in fact, have a meeting with Russians under the promise of getting information helpful to them..which should lead to suspicions that maybe they had deeper ties.

Or is your contention that any investigation is wrongful if a crime is not found to have been committed?

Trump did not have connections per Mueller's own words. The issue is almost identical. Hoover - at the height of the Cold War used the red scare to justify his actions. It wasn't real but he used it. Same with Trump - they knowingly fabricated a predicate and violated his civil rights without a proper foundation. 

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Trump did not have connections per Mueller's own words. The issue is almost identical. Hoover - at the height of the Cold War used the red scare to justify his actions. It wasn't real but he used it. Same with Trump - they knowingly fabricated a predicate and violated his civil rights without a proper foundation. 

We've come a long way in the intervening 50 years or so.  It used to be the FBI could just do what they wanted.  Now they need people to create a fake dossier first.  

16 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

wrong thread..but are you saying his campaign did not have the Trump Tower meeting? Big distinction. And i know you believe the "deep state " set that up.. let's say they did. The trump campaign was still willing to meet with Russians ..which in and off itself could be considered grounds for a deeper investigation no?

• Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

We've come a long way in the intervening 50 years or so.  It used to be the FBI could just do what they wanted.  Now they need people to create a fake dossier first.  

the FBI had free run until Watergate, then the Dem Congress shut it down and painted the FBI/CIA/whatever as totally evil

now it appears the Dems worship the FBI/CIA/whatever as totally infallable

just wait 5 minutes and they'll change 180 again.....

The strangeness of the 60s ensured that King would have people in his entourage with strong ties to a Communist Party or ideology.

Doesn't mean he was influenced by it, again the US loves to brandish about idiosyncratic labels that really don't mean they are against conservative (classical liberal) values.

28 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

wrong thread..but are you saying his campaign did not have the Trump Tower meeting? 

There were no "Russians" met with at Trump Tower. The meeting was between Fusion GPS cut-outs who were knowingly working with the FBI at the time

Saying "Trump Tower meeting" was enough to justify the investigation is like saying that because King once shook hands with a Russian who was introduced to him by Hoover himself, the investigation into him was justified.  

28 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

And i know you believe the "deep state " set that up.. let's say they did. The trump campaign was still willing to meet with Russians ..which in and off itself could be considered grounds for a deeper investigation no?

No. There was nothing, nothing illegal about taking that meeting. Just as there was nothing illegal with King working with Levinson (whom the FBI identified as a communist asset prior to becoming King's primary financial adviser). 

Edited by Deranged Rhino

23 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

wrong thread..but are you saying his campaign did not have the Trump Tower meeting? Big distinction. And i know you believe the "deep state " set that up.. let's say they did. The trump campaign was still willing to meet with Russians ..which in and off itself could be considered grounds for a deeper investigation no?

No. Do you know how long the meeting lasted? It is not illegal to get information on an opponent. When Don Jr. found out that the Russian lawyer wanted to talk about the Magnitsky Act and subsequent ban on Americans adopting Russian children, he excused himself from the meeting realizing that he was hoodwinked into meeting with the Russians on false premises.

You guys in the Resistance Movement tend to make a big deal out of an inconsequential Trump Tower meeting but ignore the millions spent by Clinton to create a false dossier in an attempt to subvert a campaign or initiate a coup.

• Like (+1) 5

• 4 weeks later...

Look ............the whole "traumatizing students" argument is hogwash

But, I want to question the $600,000 nonsense....................I tell you what, I'll throw a couple of gallons of Dutch Boy flat finish on there

and I'll only charge you $200,000 

?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

But, I want to question the $600,000 nonsense....................I tell you what, I'll throw a couple of gallons of Dutch Boy flat finish on there

?

$300,000 for a curtain????  :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, B-Man said:

?

I'd be insisting on a competitive bid and only ask for 175k.

• Haha (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

‘As Trump predicted’: Charlottesville cancels celebration of Thomas Jefferson’s birthday

Any reason they couldn't celebrate both holidays ?        I guess that's not the point, huh.

Reminder: Jefferson was a hypocrite, but he also wrote the first federal ban on slavery, banned the slave trade at the first possible moment, & penned the words that inspired Lincoln, MLK, & opponents of bondage & degradation the world over.

Lincoln Said It Best: The Founding Fathers Opposed Slavery.

In Lincoln’s famous 1860 Cooper Union speech, he noted that of the 39 framers of the Constitution, 22 had voted on the question of banning slavery in the new territories. Twenty of the 22 voted to ban it, while another one of the Constitution’s framers–George Washington–signed into law legislation enforcing the Northwest Ordinance that banned slavery in the Northwest Territories. At Cooper Union, Lincoln also quoted Thomas Jefferson, who had argued in favor of Virginia emancipation: “It is still in our power to direct the process of emancipation, and deportation, peaceably, and in such slow degrees, as that the evil will wear off insensibly….”

To be sure, the Founding Fathers weren’t abolitionists. But they were overwhelmingly antislavery.

Lots of good history at the link, most of which is no longer taught.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1