New Orleans To Remove Excremental Rebel Monuments

Tiberius

Then they came for Philadelphia’s Frank Rizzo statue

The post-Charlottesville statue destruction frenzy is about power, but it may backfire in the voting booth.

Frank-Rizzo-Statue-Black-Power-e15037879

Charlottesville is being exploited to justify some of the worst aspects of the leftist culture war.

Internet censorship by left-leaning internet oligopolies based on demonization of political opposition as “hate” and “extremist” groups like the Southern Poverty Law Center is one aspect.

But the culture war has moved with rapid speed to statues and monuments and names, and it’s not stopping at the confederacy. Protesters are taking matters into their own hands and defacing or destroying statues, like this memorial to Christopher Columbus in Baltimore, the oldest such monument in the U.S.:

(more…)

Next up in Philadelphia, the Rocky statue, for depicting assaults upon persons of color by a white man

obBB1x2a_bigger.jpg SalonVerified account @Salon 22h22 hours

It is time to examine the words and the origins of our national anthem, another neo-Confederate symbol

http://www.salon.com/2017/08/27/it-is-time-to-examine-the-words-and-the-origins-of-our-national-anthem-another-neo-confederate-symbol_partner/

Gee, I have been told that the "slippery slope" argument was dumb.

Edited by B-Man

"oh say can you see" is racist?!

No, but glorifying the rockets' "red glare", whilst ignoring the 'black glare', all while referring to a battle between white armies is racist. Or something. You racist because reasons!

I think there's a third verse to the poem that has some retroactively offensive reference as well.

Edited by Koko78

Because feelings are more important than objective observations. Eyesight is a tool of oppression for white supremacists. [/Critical Race Theory]

Why not? That makes as much sense as anything else I've heard lately on the subject.

And I never knew what a "dawnser" was, and why it gives off a "lee light." But I guess that must be offensive to somebody.

You'd have to wake up at the crack of Dawn to figure some of that stuff out. But doing that might cause marital problems. Also, the love of my life was named Lee but she was born after this song was written but now I'm going to be thinking about her.

Edited by 4merper4mer

Wait a minute. Are you trying to say that people are complex beings and that a singular image of a person, any person, is inevitably flawed?

Because if that is what you're saying get ready for an antifa beatdown you fascist.

Aside from being the anniversary to the end of WW2, today is also the day Atlanta surrendered to General Sherman. "Atlanta is ours, and fairly won," was the message he sent to Lincoln and the North erupted in celebrations. After four long years of war, the end was in sight.

• 2 weeks later...