Fed Raises Rate

Tiberius

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Commented on by someone else who knows nothing about how the Fed works or even what it is... which was the point

One simple example, the guy states that surpluses must be returned to the government, then says this is "the government confiscating Fed assets." That's confusing income flows with balance sheet values.

One simple example, the guy states that surpluses must be returned to the government, then says this is "the government confiscating Fed assets." That's confusing income flows with balance sheet values.

It was also confusing assets with liabilities, which is actually a rather impressive level of ignorance.

Sure I do. Its an agency of the Federal Government and has a private aspect as well

Do you get some perverse pleasure from being so consistently, thoroughly, willfully wrong?

It was also confusing assets with liabilities, which is actually a rather impressive level of ignorance.

Do you get some perverse pleasure from being so consistently, thoroughly, willfully wrong?

I've already proved it to you I'm right. You are just too emotionally insecure to admit you are wrong

Which is why Gator's comment on said issue warranted my response. ;)

No, you just said the Fed was incorrect in describing themselves! :lol:

asshat.jpg?w=700

It isn't?

It is not. As your own links have proven time and time again, the Federal Reserve is NOT a part of the US Government nor is it an agency of the US Government. The board of governors is NOT the Federal Reserve, the two are not the same. You've done excellent work proving my case, for that I thank you. :beer:

For the rest, well, have this:

ass_hat_trucker_hat.jpg?height=225&width

No, I said you didn't understand what you were reading.

You are a very stupid little man, and I'm not talking to you any more.

Yes, that's right, and I said that this was pretty clear:

The Federal Reserve, like many other central banks, is an independent government agency but also one that is ultimately accountable to the public and the Congress.

And I still think it is pretty clear. You are not stupid, but just emotionally insecure or something

link:

http://www.federalreserve.gov/faqs/about_12799.htm