Mike Wahle, Bubba Franks, Chris Hovan

JP-era

Hows that for a good start to FA.

Wahle might very well be cut, Franks is thinking he is as good as gone because theres been no talk, and Hovan had a poor season last year so he cant command big money.

But we gotta get that LT spot fixed. If Jennings wont re-sign here and we cant land LJ Shelton, I say move big Mike over and sign a RT like Womack or McKenzie.

The only way we get Hovan is if Pat Williams leaves, and then I'd be pissed because we let Phat Pat go in the first place. Bubba Franks is getting franchised, so that wont happen.

I'm with you on Mike Whale though...but lets remember we do have that salary cap thing in the NFL, we cant just sign everyone so patience will be key.

The only way we get Hovan is if Pat Williams leaves, and then I'd be pissed because we let Phat Pat go in the first place.  Bubba Franks is getting franchised, so that wont happen.

I'm with you on Mike Whale though...but lets remember we do have that salary cap thing in the NFL, we cant just sign everyone so patience will be key.

242563[/snapback]

Franks is by no means a done deal and yes I want Pat back but he may walk and Hovan is a sleeper and would be great next to Adams.

Hows that for a good start to FA.

Wahle might very well be cut, Franks is thinking he is as good as gone because theres been no talk, and Hovan had a poor season last year so he cant command big money.

But we gotta get that LT spot fixed. If Jennings wont re-sign here and we cant land LJ Shelton, I say move big Mike over and sign a RT like Womack or McKenzie.

242560[/snapback]

Given the recent news about Mike Williams cap esculators and new cap hit I don't think we will have any cash to sign Wahle or Franks. Definitely not both. Especially with the need for some QB depth

We will have the cash to sign PW, JJ or a replacement, a backup QB and our RFA's. After that we probably only have enough cash left over for a depth pick up, and the rookie pool.

Given the recent news about Mike Williams cap esculators and new cap hit I don't think we will have any cash to sign Wahle or Franks. Definitely not both. Especially with the need for some QB depth

We will have the cash to sign PW, JJ or a replacement, a backup QB and our RFA's. After that we probably only have enough cash left over for a depth pick up, and the rookie pool.

242569[/snapback]

As has been stated, Big Mike's contract isnt THAT bad. We'll still have plenty of wiggle room. If I were GM:

1) Re-sign Pat Williams

2) Trade Travis for LJ Shelton (to replace Jonas)

3) Sign Mike Wahle (our only big name FA move)

4) Sign Dane Looker or Alex Bannister (3rd WR...they both are cheap)

5) Sign either Buckhalter or Zereoue (Buck is better, but Amos is cheaper and more familiar with Mularkey's system)

6) Sign Freddie Jones (a player who has been amazingly improperly used over the last few years

And thats really it for free agency...one big free agent and then a bunch of depth players who have potential. Then in the Draft, hopefully get a 3rd CB, a 3rd QB and more O-Line depth. Hopefully a new kicker too, but thats just my own pipe dream :huh:

As has been stated, Big Mike's contract isnt THAT bad. We'll still have plenty of wiggle room.  If I were GM:

1)  Re-sign Pat Williams

2)  Trade Travis for LJ Shelton (to replace Jonas)

3)  Sign Mike Wahle (our only big name FA move)

4)  Sign Dane Looker or Alex Bannister (3rd WR...they both are cheap)

5)  Sign either Buckhalter or Zereoue (Buck is better, but Amos is cheaper and more familiar with Mularkey's system)

6)  Sign Freddie Jones (a player who has been amazingly improperly used over the last few years

And thats really it for free agency...one big free agent and then a bunch of depth players who have potential.  Then in the Draft, hopefully get a 3rd CB, a 3rd QB and more O-Line depth.  Hopefully a new kicker too, but thats just my own pipe dream  :huh:

242581[/snapback]

Can you guarentee Travis for LJ Shelton ? Sheltons cap hit is 3 mil per season for 2006 - 2008. this does not include any roster bonuses or whatever else is written into his present contract.

You haven't signed any back up QB's in your list. this is a priority. This can be done cheapily with Mathews.

We should resign Marcus Price becuase he is good solid OL depth, and we need it.

I don't see all of your wish list being able ot fit under the 10 million we will have to work with. Especially Wahle who is going to command close to 4 million.