Next year, your wallet, and you.

Dorkington

38 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to do anything different next year in terms of Bills/NFL spending?

• Yes. I'm tired of wasting my money every year on this. Time for me to spend less on the Bills/NFL.
    • Maybe? I'm down right now, but with the right moves, I'll be back and as optimistic as ever!
    • No. BILLS 4 LYFE YO, TAKE MY MONEY

Personally, I think I'm tired of giving the Bills/NFL hundreds of dollars a year for these sorts of results. I'm gonna do my best to vote with my wallet, and not spend on this next year. I'm sure that means it'll be the year they make the playoffs, but such is life :lol:

Personally, I think I'm tired of giving the Bills/NFL hundreds of dollars a year for these sorts of results. I'm gonna do my best to vote with my wallet, and not spend on this next year. I'm sure that means it'll be the year they make the playoffs, but such is life :lol:

Are you a season ticket holder? How much money do you drop on the Bills annually?

Are you a season ticket holder? How much money do you drop on the Bills annually?

A few hundred on the DTV ST package. Plus whatever merchandise, and if I go to a game or two that year (whether in Buffalo or elsewhere). Hence why I said Bills/NFL.

A few hundred on the DTV ST package. Plus whatever merchandise, and if I go to a game or two that year (whether in Buffalo or elsewhere). Hence why I said Bills/NFL.

So really you aren't spending any money directly with the Bills. Okay. Cool thread anyway. Edited by PromoTheRobot

After almost 30 years of being tricked by old Ralph, my dad and I dropped our STs back in 2009. I picked them back up again with some friends when I moved back to Buffalo in 2014.

After 2 seasons of being back, Im real close to being done again. I know Buffalo has cheap tickets relative to the rest of the NFL, but I can find something better to do with my $1200 (plus parking, tailgate supplies, and in-stadium purchases, so really $2000/year).

I dont know. I didnt vote yet. But Im sick of this ****.

Edited by DrDareustein

So really you aren't spending any money directly with the Bills. Okay. Cool thread anyway.

the bills get a chunk of the direct tv money.

right now i'm leaning towards not renewing next year. not because I resent the bills getting my money (I did when Wilson was owner) but because I don't think the value is there.

I spent quite a bit on the Nashville game but that was more of an excuse for a mini vacation. i'd do that again.

You can certainly vote with your wallet if you wish. I don't think it had the impact the OP thinks it does. It just makes Buffalo look like a bad football market.

Plus what are you protesting anyway? It's one thing if an owner didn't give a crap. It's another if they do care but make wrong choices.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

So you were a season ticket holder? What year? When did you drop your seats? Or are you talking about going to a single game now and then?

Not sure why you're digging. I already told you what I spend money on. No, I'm not in Buffalo, so I'm not a season ticket holder.

I'm under the impression that with various revenue sharing deals, that even spending indirectly, some of that money goes to the Bills. A few hundred dollars whether directly to the Bills, or the NFL, or some combo, is still a few hundred dollars to me. Will the Bills feel it? Nope. Not trying to insinuate that. But I think I'm allowed to change my spending habits since this 'hobby/interest' hasn't been giving me the enjoyment that I feel the money should.

I imagine other people who spend thousands every year on season tickets are feeling it even worse. But maybe I'm not a 'real' fan, since I'm basically at 'show me the baby' stage.

You can certainly vote with your wallet if you wish. I don't think it had the impact the OP thinks it does. It just makes Buffalo look like a bad football market.

I never insinuated that the Bills will 'feel the impact'. But I think I'm allowed to make decisions with my own money based on how much enjoyment the spending brings me.

Not sure why you're digging. I already told you what I spend money on. No, I'm not in Buffalo, so I'm not a season ticket holder.

I'm under the impression that with various revenue sharing deals, that even spending indirectly, some of that money goes to the Bills. A few hundred dollars whether directly to the Bills, or the NFL, or some combo, is still a few hundred dollars to me. Will the Bills feel it? Nope. Not trying to insinuate that. But I think I'm allowed to change my spending habits since this 'hobby/interest' hasn't been giving me the enjoyment that I feel the money should.

I imagine other people who spend thousands every year on season tickets are feeling it even worse. But maybe I'm not a 'real' fan, since I'm basically at 'show me the baby' stage.

I never insinuated that the Bills will 'feel the impact'. But I think I'm allowed to make decisions with my own money based on how much enjoyment the spending brings me.

And you are free to do so. I just think it's funny when people who don't buy tickets say they are going to withhold their financial support of the Bills.

Plus what are you protesting anyway? It's one thing if an owner didn't give a crap. It's another if they do care but make wrong choices.

Doesnt matter anymore since the team isnt going anywhere. Ralph doesnt have us bent over a barrel anymore.

I'm not one for "open letters to the owner" and crap like that, but I guarantee, if the year after the fans set a record for most Season Tickets sold they set a new record for most Season Tickets canceled, it would send a message to Terry and Kim.

And you are free to do so. I just think it's funny when people who don't buy tickets say they are going to withhold their financial support of the Bills.

Did you miss the part where I also tend to go to a game or two, and spend on merchandise?

Or does nothing count unless it's a season ticket?

Only rich people deserve to make decisions with their spending?

Not just the Bills. I'm done giving the NFL money. Football's become more about the officiating than the play, and it's made the game unwatchable.

This is a major part of the way Im feeling as well. While a part of it is the Bills disappointing us yet again, a bigger part is that the NFL is not fun for fans anymore.

So you were a season ticket holder? What year? When did you drop your seats? Or are you talking about going to a single game now and then?

no need for a cross-examination. I'm with DC Tom. Just b/c I don't have season tickets doesn't mean my money on DirecTV and merchandise fails to funnel to the Bills.

Yesterday was a disgrace with all the delayed penalty calls. It was as if Hochuli was a jury foreman trying to get a deadlocked verdict.

Your crusade to blame fans regardless of the team's W-L record really knows no bounds.

Do you still think the team leaves if a few thousand season ticket fans don't renew? Because I'm pretty sure TPegs and KPegs aren't going to let that happen.

Not just the Bills. I'm done giving the NFL money. Football's become more about the officiating than the play, and it's made the game unwatchable.

i know this is very LAMP, but i'm a die hard fan. I haven't watch the last four games. Actually enjoyed my Sunday, saw the final scores and because i was less invested, didn't really care. the nfl is fading for me. there are better things in life.