Passion for the Sabres!!!!!!!!!

Like most of you, I grew up in WNY. We grew up loving the home team, the Bills, Sabres and for some of you the Braves. What I truly don't understand is how or why so  few of you love the Sabres. With Buffalo being such a hockey town, I figured more of you would show more passion for our team. I have such fond memories of growing up listening and watching the games. Many of my friendships were driven by our interest in the team. Maybe with all the losses and The Rigas fiasco, the team doesn't interest you anymore. I for one, love our team regardless of record, ownership problems and strikes. Does anyone out there also love this team and follow it with the same passion as the Bills???  Doug in Clearwater

242517[/snapback]

I'm currently sitting in my office wearing a throwback Sabres sweatshirt and mourning the NHL season. I miss hockey and i'm very concerned that the NHL will cease to exist as we know it next year. If they don't play next novemeber the league is finished. they will alienate way too many fans and the game will die a slow death even if they come back to play. teams will move around again, probably back to canada, some will fold. there just isn't enough interest in this sport to have a long stoppage. Baseball had a huge problem and baseball has a much larger fan base than hockey, people stayed away in droves until the Roid Ragers started hitting HRs. What will hockey do, dust off the Hansons?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard today that the players are already saying they may not even play next year because they will never agree to a salary cap linked to revenues (which will be around $26 million per team down from the $42.5 million taken off the table yesterday). Get ready for replacement players in October. This is going to get way, way, way uglier before it gets any better.