Bills on Track to be Most Penalized Team in History

JimBob2232

#Werenumber1

Did some digging. According to the NFL.com, here are the records for team penalties in a season

Most Penalties: 158 (1998 Chiefs) - 9.9 penalties per game

Most Penalty Yards: 1,304 yards (1998 Chiefs) - 81.5 yards/game

Current Bills Stats

124 Penalties (9.5/game)

1,086 yards (83.5/game)

So if the bills only need 11.3 penalties per game to break the all time most penalized team. And they only need 218 penalty yards (72.7/game) to break the all time yardage penalty. We've acheved 70+ yards penalized 8 times this season.

Wow.

Okay...so the NFL website is bunk. It hasn't been updated since 2007! Why would you need updated numbers?!

http://www.nfl.com/history/randf/records/team/penalties

Wikipedia says the seahawks hold the record for penalty yards 1,415 in 2013, and the Raiders had 163 penalties in 2011.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_National_Football_League_records_%28team%29#Penalties

Still....there is a chance!

Kelly the Dog? GreggyT (Deranged Rhino)?...I bickered with a few people here early in the season about this.

I have to believe that penalties have cost them at least a couple games this season. Rex Ryan creates a loose atmosphere wherever he goes, and should not be a head coach. They need to bring in some assistants that are detail oriented ball busters to make up for the laxity of Rex Ryan, because they aren't going to fire Ryan.

#Werenumber1

Did some digging. According to the NFL.com, here are the records for team penalties in a season

Most Penalties: 158 (1998 Chiefs) - 9.9 penalties per game

Most Penalty Yards: 1,304 yards (1998 Chiefs) - 81.5 yards/game

Current Bills Stats

124 Penalties (9.5/game)

1,086 yards (83.5/game)

So if the bills only need 11.3 penalties per game to break the all time most penalized team. And they only need 218 penalty yards (72.7/game) to break the all time yardage penalty. We've acheved 70+ yards penalized 8 times this season.

Wow.

I'll go out on a limb and say they fall short of the record. Next week will be like, 7 penalties.