POLL: Fire Rex and/or Whaley?

dtgolder

Should we fire Rex and Whaley?  

359 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Pegulas release Rex and/or Whaley?

• Fire Rex now; keep Whaley
    • Fire Whaley now; keep Rex
    • Fire both Rex and Whaley
    • Keep both Rex and Whaley

One thing I don't understand is why so many HC contracts are guaranteed. Teams put themselves in a tough spot if a recently hired coach doesn't do well and then you're on the hook for 2-3 more years of salary. No idea what Rex's deal looks like but if it's a typical guaranteed deal, he'll be expensive to replace anytime soon. I think most think he's underachieving with the player talent he has to work with.

That's o.k. like Pegula said before he'll just tap another oil well. LOL Guy has a ton of money but you have to admit he doesn't know jack shiit about owning sports teams. I don't who's worse the Sabres or the Bills. They both suck!

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you mind telling me what Whaley has done to deserve being fired? Because he's easily the best GM this team has had since John Butler.

I think you're all fonged up. Whaley has built a team with a losing record. Winning is the key in the NFL. NFL stands for Not For Long if you don't win.

I think you're all fonged up. Whaley has built a team with a losing record. Winning is the key in the NFL. NFL stands for Not For Long if you don't win.

Whaley has built a team with a losing record with a bunch of bad contracts with declining palyers, one of the highest team salary caps next year and the team doesn't even know if they have a franchise QB.

What could go wrong?

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

I would keep most of the coaching staff, especially Roman. I would hire Jim Schwartz as Asst HC & DC and get rid of Thurman. Rex lost me when the Bills lost to the Jags. If Rex puts up a fit against brining Schartz in, then I would show Rex the door. In my opinion we lost 2 games to poor coaching alone and 3 to the poor zebra work. That's 5 games that we should have won, but we can only do something about our coaching - can't really do much about the refs. League is seriously broken in my book and I'm getting ready to give up professional sports all together if the calls don't improve soon.

not gonna fire him yet.

They shouldn't fire him until they get the record over 20 years without a post season game. The Bills are a perfect 16 and 0, why give up on the only record the Bills have? Yeah it might not be the nicest record to have but it's still a record no matter how you cut it. It's the only one they are good at so let them get it up over 20 years so no other team will ever be able to break it. You get it up to 20 years in a row and it will be nearly impossible, if not impossible for any team to break. They're on a roll don't upset the apple cart. Keep the record going. Buffalo has to be known for something.

Edited by ScrewyLouie

I would keep most of the coaching staff, especially Roman. I would hire Jim Schwartz as Asst HC & DC and get rid of Thurman. Rex lost me when the Bills lost to the Jags. If Rex puts up a fit against brining Schartz in, then I would show Rex the door. In my opinion we lost 2 games to poor coaching alone and 3 to the poor zebra work. That's 5 games that we should have won, but we can only do something about our coaching - can't really do much about the refs. League is seriously broken in my book and I'm getting ready to give up professional sports all together if the calls don't improve soon.

II been thinking the same and almost broke away after KC it was so disgusting.

Please define "bunch."

By bunch he means MANY. What he is telling you is the Bills have MANY bad contracts .

If you want see another perfect example of a team with bad contracts, (especially to aging players), look at the NY Yankees.

Arod, Tex, Sabathia, and Beltran to name a few. You get it now?

Edited by ScrewyLouie

Mario,Kyle,McCoy,Clay and Dareus are the worst of the bunch as they still have tons of guaranteed money.

McKelvin, Graham and Aaron are bad contracts mostly for next year. But they really hurt considering the bad cap situation Whaley has us in 2016.

Five of those were pre Whaley.

You might be right about the Rex hire. But the Pegulas wanted the best coach and they decided on Rex. Now that he is here there is no point in going back.

We can't go back in time. Rex is here. Do you want to run a 3-4 and Rex's D next year or a 4-3?

I have always preferred the 3-4, but it will take a couple drafts and off-seasons to rebuild the defense.

I don't know what Ryan's contract is like, but if possible, I would like them to bring in a new DC, take some power away from Ryan, and see if the new guy can build upon what is here, then eventually take over for Ryan after a couple seasons. I want Ryan in a role more like Marv Levy, providing "inspiration", and game management (only because he can't be fired).

Foremost to me (more than the scheme), is getting Ryan out of the way, while keeping some kind of continuity.

The less power Ryan has, the better. I think he is a clown.

Edited by HoF Watkins