Manny Lawson & Eric Wood - the silver lining

boyst

I will eat crow, of sorts. I was ready to begin a plan to replace Wood. He had been playing lousy football earlier in the season. He has since done a lot better despite having different players besides him.

Manny Lawson has been doing very well, too! Lawson's football intelligence has allowed him to excel in this game. While many critiqued him for being slow and being "shot" he was always rather slow. I think the turn around of Lawson has something to do with how this team will respond to Ryan's defense. Many say Ryan's system takes time to learn and play. That Lawson is catching on to it first as one of the guys in the box is only fitting.

I think there is silver lining that this team is better than we think; it might have a lot to do with the sidelines and what we are doing with playcalls and schemes. Also, what our players are being asked to do - it is something we are not used to seeing in Buffalo. Case in point, that double safety blitz in the 3rd Q.

Either way, just something I thought I would share.

We definitely missed Clay today, unfortunately people do not realize how much he has added to this team!

I will eat crow, of sorts. I was ready to begin a plan to replace Wood. He had been playing lousy football earlier in the season. He has since done a lot better despite having different players besides him.

Manny Lawson has been doing very well, too! Lawson's football intelligence has allowed him to excel in this game. While many critiqued him for being slow and being "shot" he was always rather slow. I think the turn around of Lawson has something to do with how this team will respond to Ryan's defense. Many say Ryan's system takes time to learn and play. That Lawson is catching on to it first as one of the guys in the box is only fitting.

I think there is silver lining that this team is better than we think; it might have a lot to do with the sidelines and what we are doing with playcalls and schemes. Also, what our players are being asked to do - it is something we are not used to seeing in Buffalo. Case in point, that double safety blitz in the 3rd Q.

Either way, just something I thought I would share.

We definitely missed Clay today, unfortunately people do not realize how much he has added to this team!

You just mentioned two guys that will be cut and asked to take a paycut this offseason. Which began today, btw.

Edited by #BADOL

Clay was a huge loss, as was Gilmore. I thought the Billls would lose this one all week, even not knowing clay would be out just because the teams are similar in strength but Eagles were totally healthy. Injuries have had an enormous impact on several games this year. Their starters are as good as most teams in the league but their depth was not.

Clay was a huge loss, as was Gilmore. I thought the Billls would lose this one all week, even not knowing clay would be out just because the teams are similar in strength but Eagles were totally healthy. Injuries have had an enormous impact on several games this year. Their starters are as good as most teams in the league but their depth was not.

clay will be flamed all week and all off season, it's a damn shame.

Manny came ready to play. He has a very solid game. I would say at least to my untrained eye he is having a very solid above expectations year.

and Rex loves him. I think the D will have Lawson, brown, Hughes, Dareus, Kyle, Graham, AW (if he's ok), Gilmore, darby, Rambo. The rest will be FA and draft adds. I know many think Kyle will be gone but I do not. Jmo.