Jay Cutler's brother-in-law found dead

truth on hold

Odd story, he'd been missing, some report threatening behavior beforehand, and they don't disclose cause of death...

Michael Cavallari, the brother of former The Hills star Kristin Cavallari, has been found dead after going missing, Kristin said in a statement Thursday.

http://m.startribune.com/qb-jay-cutler-s-brother-in-law-found-dead-after-being-reported-missing/361469921/

Just prior to his disappearance, Michael had gotten into trouble with the law.

On November 23, according to Fox News, a woman phoned the Orange County Sheriff's Office in Southern California in response to Michael allegedly showing up outside her apartment with a shotgun a response, she presumed, to an argument between them a couple of days earlier.

He was subsequently arrested outside a SoCal city hall with the weapon which was loaded in the trunk of his car.

Although he denied any wrongdoing, he appears to have rabbited shortly thereafter.

http://www.westword.com/news/co-ties-to-bizarre-michael-cavallari-case-include-sis-kristin-cavallari-jay-cutler-7410271

Edited by JTSP

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think cutler misses Sundays game? Do you think it's justified if he does?

I'm not sure he can justify missing it. At the end of the day, the guy lives out in California while Jay is here in Chicago. Maybe they were "telephone tight", but it doesn't sound like it.

I'm not sure he can justify missing it. At the end of the day, the guy lives out in California while Jay is here in Chicago. Maybe they were "telephone tight", but it doesn't sound like it.

I agree, although I saw someone say Clausen might start. To me he has a responsibility to his team that exceeds a responsibility to his brother in law's family. If it were an immediate family member ...as in blood relative....then I could possibly see it. Edited by JTSP

Do you think cutler misses Sundays game? Do you think it's justified if he does?

I think it really depends on the Bears bereavement policy. My firm grants days off for bereavement only for immediate family members. Jay will have to take PTO if the Bears are similarly minded. Does anyone know if he has any PTO left?

I agree, although I saw someone say Clausen might start. To me he has a responsibility to his team that exceeds a responsibility to his brother in law's family. If it were an immediate family member ...as in blood relative....then I could possibly see it.

Given where they are in the playoff hunt too, now what if the Bears lose due to poor play from Clausen? Front office would look like a bunch of idiots. Likely would be their jobs in the offseason, in particular if the Bears miss the playoffs by a single win.

I think it really depends on the Bears bereavement policy. My firm grants days off for bereavement only for immediate family members. Jay will have to take PTO if the Bears are similarly minded. Does anyone know if he has any PTO left?

Is brother in law an "immediate family member"? If he has PTO, I would think it applies to practise not game day Edited by JTSP

I agree, although I saw someone say Clausen might start. To me he has a responsibility to his team that exceeds a responsibility to his brother in law's family. If it were an immediate family member ...as in blood relative....then I could possibly see it.

Clausen is with the Ravens

His wife's brother just died unexpectedly with cause unknown/suspicious. It should be Cutler's decision to attend and comfort his wife if they(he) feel that is the right thing to do.

To that point, would this even be a question if he wasn't a professional athlete?

No, because no one gets bereavement time for an in-law.

His wife's brother just died unexpectedly with cause unknown/suspicious. It should be Cutler's decision to attend and comfort his wife if they(he) feel that is the right thing to do.

To that point, would this even be a question if he wasn't a professional athlete?

Depends how important the work he missed. If its normal day at the office guess no one would notice, but something on par with an nfl game sure would.

Missing a game is like taking a year off from work. Granted family members dying is a big one but...... A child or spouse i would give a pass on anything but most brother-in-laws you grieve but you don't jeopardize a chance in a life time. Look what Favre did that night in Oakland after his DAD passed. Pretty much up to the individual.