Pegs is 15th richest owner in all of sports

Doc

Not that it really matters but I find it funny that he sold his company in 2010 and forbes hasn't really changed his net worth by much since then. They also just put his net worth close to what he sold his company for. I always wonder...what about the money he made before he sold the company? How come he hasn't invested his money since he sold the company? I'd peg his net worth closer to 10 billion.

Still can't believe how lucky we got.

Read the PFT stories about Kronke not willing to build/stay in St . Louis over $100M, and in a stadium about half the age as the Ralph, and this statement hits home even more.

The rule is that an NFL owner can't own another sports franchise in a different NFL city. IOW, it's okay for the Pegulas to own the Bills and the Sabres, but they couldn't own the Bills and the Avalanche. It's a competition thing, they don't want owners competing with other owners in NFL markets.

You sure about this? Pretty sure Pegs got an exception as the wanted his hot wife in the league meetings ... at least that is what I heard.

I'll echo what others have said about the new owners on how lucky we are to have them. We went from a situation where the loss of the franchise was for a very long time in the back of our minds to a situation where not only is the franchise anchored in the area but there is a commitment to win.

It's not a pleasant experience to be subjected to.

I may not be happy with our HC situation but I'm certainly happy with our ownership situation.

Isn't it nice that our blood pressure doesn't go up every time there is an article about NFL teams that may move to LA?

I am very thankful that we no longer have to worry about the stability of either of our teams. We could not ask for better people to own the Bills and Sabres.

I was wondering if the Pegula's money pile was in danger of shrinking. While I follow the Bills I will admit to not knowing too much about how the Pegula's make their money.

Many oil and gas companies are sliding toward financial difficulties as oil and gas prices continue to fall. Many have made huge investments and taken on a great deal of debt.

Anyone know enough about the Pegula business model to know if they will continue to build wealth or do they have debt issues on their horizon, like many other oil and gas companies?

Terry sold a big chunk of fracking land in order to have the cash to buy the Bills ($1.75 billion worth).

With gas prices bottoming out and frackers feeling the pinch, could Terry have timed this any better? I say it's good karma for him for buying the Bills and keeping them in Buffalo.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11314071/buffalo-bills-bidder-terry-pegula-closes-175-billion-drilling-deal