Shady gonna Shady

YoloinOhio

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to see he's moved on!

@ZBerm: LeSean McCoy on shaking Chip Kelly's hand: "He knows that aint going to happen. ...Were not going to shake no hands.

Maybe he just means Chip doesn't practice good personal hygiene

@ZBerm: McCoy:"I have nothing negative to say about him. Im not going into an argument or fight w/ him. I just dont think we need to shake hands.

McCoy: Rex "way different" from Chip. "Rex is more worried about playing football. The way you wear your hat that doesn't matter to him"

Les Bowen (@LesBowen)

I hope Sammy is taking notes from the vet McCoy today on professionalism and how to handle the media. :thumbsup:

Anyone just see ESPN NFL Live? Herm Edwards absolutely lost his s#!t over McCoy. I mean screaming at people. Says McCoy is an azz for making this be game all about him. I bet there will be some clips of his rant online soon. It's that good.

Update: and here they are.
http://bustedcoverage.com/2015/12/09/herm-edwards-rant-nfl-live/

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I will say this, after all this the Bills better win or Shady is in for a raft of crap Monday.

to me, since he didn't guarantee a win or that he was going to put up big stats, or say that Chip will rue the day he traded him now that he's coming to town. He declined to comment at all about their losing record or poor performance of his replacement.

His comments were of a personal nature. He doesn't have anything to say to Chip and doesn't want to shake his hand. Probably for reasons we do not know, but can assume are associated with the way Chip related to/treated him and other teammates. So I don't see the outcome of the game meaning anything toward his comments. They had nothing to do with the game or the team.

Edited by YoloinOhio

to me, since he didn't guarantee a win or that he was going to put up big stats, or say that Chip will rue the day he traded him now that he's coming to town. He declined to comment at all about their losing record or poor performance of his replacement.

His comments were of a personal nature. He doesn't have anything to say to Chip and doesn't want to shake his hand. Probably for reasons we do not know, but can assume are associated with the way Chip related to/treated him and other teammates. So I don't see the outcome of the game meaning anything toward his comments.

Yeah, I thought he was pretty clear — they're not friends, so why should they act like friends? He pointed out that he gave Andy Reid "a big ol' slap on the butt" because they have that kind of relationship and that there's no lost love between himself and Chip. I think it's clear Shady just doesn't know how to handle rejection, he's probably never really had to deal with it.

Media won't be letting this go, though. They'll tie this storyline into however the game unfolds, right or not.

His comments were of a personal nature. He doesn't have anything to say to Chip and doesn't want to shake his hand. Probably for reasons we do not know, but can assume are associated with the way Chip related to/treated him and other teammates. So I don't see the outcome of the game meaning anything toward his comments. They had nothing to do with the game or the team.

That's not how the press is going to handle it.

I will say this, after all this the Bills better win or Shady is in for a raft of crap Monday.

I heard no Joe Namath "we're going to win the Superbowl" proclamations from Shady.. so I'm celebrating (or forgiving) whatever happens. But your point is well taken.

Anyone just see ESPN NFL Live? Herm Edwards absolutely lost his s#!t over McCoy. I mean screaming at people. Says McCoy is an azz for making this be game all about him. I bet there will be some clips of his rant online soon. It's that good.

Update: and here they are.

http://bustedcoverage.com/2015/12/09/herm-edwards-rant-nfl-live/

Ah, Herm Edwards, the paragon of virtue and common sense. The best thing he ever did was return the Joe Pisarcik fumbled hand-off to Csonka for a TD to eliminate the Jints from the playoffs.

Hey Herm. You play to win the game, man. You play to win the game!

@AlbertBreer: Chip Kelly on Shady McCoy not wanting to shake his hand: "That's his choice and I understand it. And how he was traded wasn't handled well."

@AlbertBreer: More Chip on Shady: "I understand why he's pissed. He has reason to be pissed." On the handling of the trade: "That's on me."

@ZBerm: Chip emphasized that McCoy was traded for contract reasons. Said it was not communicated to him that McCoy would restructure deal.

From what I recall it was Kiko's agent who leaked it to Schefter. Chip has insinuated it was the Bills FO who did.either way, Whaley was able to call Kiko personally before it broke and Chip wasn't able to call McCoy because he says he thought it wasn't going through until the next day. Should have called him that night, Chipster.

Edited by YoloinOhio