Shady gonna Shady

YoloinOhio

@AlbertBreer: Chip Kelly on Shady McCoy not wanting to shake his hand: "That's his choice and I understand it. And how he was traded wasn't handled well."

@AlbertBreer: More Chip on Shady: "I understand why he's pissed. He has reason to be pissed." On the handling of the trade: "That's on me."

@ZBerm: Chip emphasized that McCoy was traded for contract reasons. Said it was not communicated to him that McCoy would restructure deal.

From what I recall it was Kiko's agent who leaked it to Schefter. Chip has insinuated it was the Bills FO who did.

Chip could actually say "I'm sorry" to Shady. "That's on me" is close, but it's not an apology.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite part of the whole Shady thing is that he said Chip Kelly was running off the the black guys. Then, after the Suck for Lucks game he posed for a picture of the Chip Kelly rejects. It was 2 black guys and 1 white guy, which is probably close to the percentage in the NFL.

http://sportsmasher.com/2015/09/14/lesean-mccoy-gets-a-picture-with-chip-kellys-rejects/

My favorite part of the whole Shady thing is that he said Chip Kelly was running off the the black guys. Then, after the Suck for Lucks game he posed for a picture of the Chip Kelly rejects. It was 2 black guys and 1 white guy, which is probably close to the percentage in the NFL.

http://sportsmasher.com/2015/09/14/lesean-mccoy-gets-a-picture-with-chip-kellys-rejects/

not all black guys. He said it was certain type of black guy. Boykin said the same.

My favorite line from Herm: MEDIA, WE LO' DIS!

My favorite part was when he picked up his phone and started yelling "DoHitSen!!!!" What? "DoHiSen!!! DOHISEN!!!!! <SCREAMING> DOHISEN!!!!

It was epic. It was bordering on Jim Mora or Dennis Green. Beautiful insanity.

Just for the record, this is what he said

"He wants the full control. You see how fast he got rid of all the good players. Especially all the good black players. He got rid of them the fastest. That's the truth. There's a reason. ... It's hard to explain with him. But there's a reason he got rid of all the black players -- the good ones -- like that."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12827934/buffalo-bills-running-back-lesean-mccoy-discusses-race-chip-kelly-rex-ryan

Just for the record, this is what he said

"He wants the full control. You see how fast he got rid of all the good players. Especially all the good black players. He got rid of them the fastest. That's the truth. There's a reason. ... It's hard to explain with him. But there's a reason he got rid of all the black players -- the good ones -- like that."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12827934/buffalo-bills-running-back-lesean-mccoy-discusses-race-chip-kelly-rex-ryan

And the reason is because those specific good black players spoke their mind and Kelly didn't want that. That is what he was talking about.

So he's not allowed to get rid of white guys he doesn't want too? He is supposed to keep Mathis even though he's old and expensive? Who cares if he cut him and he's white. Doesn't mean he isn't also anti-"player with swag" i.e Maclin, desean, shady, Boykin. He got rid of him and others who he didn't want for one reason or another to build his culture. Chip says "culture trumps scheme." Certain guys don't fit his "culture." McCoy said yesterday he told him how to wear his hat. Chip's World isn't for everyone, clearly.

He gave a contract extension to a racist, who is a marginal player, at the same time he makes personnel changes like this, and it is optics like that he has to overcome.

Mathis is a white guy who speaks his mind like Shady and Jackson, etc. That probably entered into the decision, too. Although it was a little different thing that Shady was talking about.

Mathis is a white guy who speaks his mind like Shady and Jackson, etc. That probably entered into the decision, too. Although it was a little different thing that Shady was talking about.

i guess I don't just assume Chip isn't a racist. Racism comes in many forms. Clearly more than one player and asst coach feels the culture is uncomfortable for certain black guys. Since I'm not there or saw what happened in the locker room, I'm not going to assume it's not true just because he signed other black guys and cut white guys. It seems to me it goes beyond that and toward how they are treated when they embrace their own personalities or stardom. Maybe he is, maybe he isn't.

Whatever it is, it cut pretty deep.

Edited by YoloinOhio

i guess I don't just assume Chip isn't a racist. Racism comes in many forms. Clearly more than one player and asst coach feels the culture is uncomfortable for certain black guys. Since I'm not there or saw what happened in the locker room, I'm not going to assume it's not true just because he signed other black guys and cut white guys. It seems to me it goes beyond that and toward how they are treated when they embrace their own personalities or stardom. Maybe he is, maybe he isn't.

Whatever it is, it cut pretty deep.

I don't know if he is or he isn't. What Shady was specifically talking about is a 200 year old issue. Rightly or wrongly, a large number of black guys mistrust white guys they perceive as being uncomfortable around big black guys with strong personalities. That is what he was talking about. He may or may not be right about Chip Kelly, I'm not sure either way. But that is precisely what he was referring to.

I don't know if he is or he isn't. What Shady was specifically talking about is a 200 year old issue. Rightly or wrongly, a large number of black guys mistrust white guys they perceive as being uncomfortable around big black guys with strong personalities. That is what he was talking about. He may or may not be right about Chip Kelly, I'm not sure either way. But that is precisely what he was referring to.

i listened to Kelly's press conference yesterday and he comes off as incredibly arrogant and condescending fwiw. Jmo. I doubt he puts much effort into relating to his players because I don't think he cares about that. He's like, "fit in or fit out." Edited by YoloinOhio