MMQB: Shady is a guest in Andy Benoit's Film Room

YoloinOhio

Good read. Thanks, Yolo. His blocking/Blitz pick-up is remarkable and under stated.

that is one benefit of having a vet RB. The "dime a dozen" and "just throw anyone back there" crowd should consider that blocking and blitz pickup usually comes with experience and is almost as important as the things that show up on the stat sheet. Some RBs just never get it (Spiller).

Good read. Thanks, Yolo. His blocking/Blitz pick-up is remarkable and under stated.

agreed.

Smart tough cookie. I have mentioned in other threads i was not really thrilled with the pick up. Especially early on with the Kelly talk and the exclusive party crap.

But he is the real deal.

Tough as hell, too. Jville and Houston games both saw Shady take HUGE hits and get back into the game.

Definitely. most definitely

Yes! Possibly the team MVP up to this point.

Who be next on your list?

I might say your first guess is correct.

: )

I can see why he rubs coaches the wrong way at least from that video. He's not very affable and doesn't seem like a very coachable guy. You get the sense he's going to do it his way and doesn't give an F what his coaches say. That works when you still have all that talent but his legs will start to go at some point, hopefully he'll learn to hit the hole when that time comes. For the time being I'll just enjoy the Shady show.

I can see why he rubs coaches the wrong way at least from that video. He's not very affable and doesn't seem like a very coachable guy. You get the sense he's going to do it his way and doesn't give an F what his coaches say. That works when you still have all that talent but his legs will start to go at some point, hopefully he'll learn to hit the hole when that time comes. For the time being I'll just enjoy the Shady show.

he did say he's been told to hold the ball differently in Buffalo so he's doing that.

I will say that the offense looks completely different with him than without him. I like that combined with his talent, he plays the position with passion and with an edge. He also seems to have a high football IQ (though he isn't great with the media). I never thought Bryce brown, though very talented, had the heart or football IQ to really succeed as an NFL RB. CJ had talent and heart but lacked football IQ. Fred had heart and smarts but not the same talent.

Edited by YoloinOhio

that's a crappy read.

A decently written article with not muich to work with.

To me, the whole take-away is that McCoy doesnt watch film. McCoy watches highlights. There's nothing deep or interesting or insightful. There's nothing that gives me new respect for McCoy.