Merriman on Tyrod

Good stuff. I think Rex has shown a bigger spotlight on the Bills and Buffalo, but it is true that if Taylor was with say, the Jets, he would be everywhere.

I especially notice with OBJ. His team isn't good, but he's still interviewed all the time and if you didn't follow the NFL you would think the Giants must be winning every week with the amount of exposure he gets. He deserves the hype for the production he has had but I still think a lot of it is driven by the NY media market. Sammy has made some huge catches and ridiculous plays this year as have the 2 WRs in Jax, Robinson and Hurns, but the casual fan wouldn't know.

Fantasy football has made a lot of Merriman's points kind of old. If you play in the NFL, people know who you are know. Buffalo is also featured a lot now because of Rex and you can see that players want to come here now.

No, we're not New York but they don't have it that much better.

I don't know if I agree that Tyrod would be everywhere if he was in NY. Fitz is having his career year and he is seen as, well, Fitz. A journeyman having a career year.

that's because it is Fitz. He's not flashy or exciting. Taylor isn't purposely a flashy guy as his persona is very professional but he is a young, exciting player and that's why I said he would be everywhere if he was doing his thing in the NYC market. He's a Madden style player. Edited by YoloinOhio

Good stuff. I think Rex has shown a bigger spotlight on the Bills and Buffalo, but it is true that if Taylor was with say, the Jets, he would be everywhere.

I especially notice with OBJ. His team isn't good, but he's still interviewed all the time and if you didn't follow the NFL you would think the Giants must be winning every week with the amount of exposure he gets. He deserves the hype for the production he has had but I still think a lot of it is driven by the NY media market. Sammy has made some huge catches and ridiculous plays this year as have the 2 WRs in Jax, Robinson and Hurns, but the casual fan wouldn't know.

This is why they interview OBJ and not Sammy.

OBJ --- 12 games 78 catches 1178 yards 10 TDs, 14.8 yard average 54 first downs

Sammy --- 9 games 34 catches, 635 yards, 18.7 average 6 TDs and 25 1st downs

This is why they interview OBJ and not Sammy.

OBJ --- 12 games 78 catches 1178 yards 10 TDs, 14.8 yard average 54 first downs

Sammy --- 9 games 34 catches, 635 yards, 18.7 average 6 TDs and 25 1st downs

Barely any difference there. No idea why there's a discrepancy in interviews.

Im a Bills fan 1st, Giants fan 2nd. Giants have a good team, they just pull Billsy plays in the clutch and completely **** the bed in the 4th qt CONSTANTLY. Also Coughlin chose to go for it with the LEAD in the red zone instead of kicking a field goal, and it cost them the game. which in turn hurt us. SMH 25 years after the Super Bowl and the Giants are still ruining our post season hopes

I think that Merriman is a bit all over the place stating how players such as Tyrod Taylor in Buffalo go by unnoticed but then he refers to San Diego that is LOSING their team as an example of a good large market team. Then he states at the end that if Tyrod continues to play well then the media will have no choice but to give Tyrod attention.

Let's be realistic. It's been 10 games for Tyrod. If I am not a Buffalo fan I would be following Tyrod, enjoying his highlights but seeing if he can keep up this level of play over not only this season but the next season as well and first would want to see overall success of his team before praising him as an elite QB should be praised.

Also it couldn't be further than the truth this year with the media covering Rex's every move including making headlines about even his smallest facial expressions.

Tyrod is playing well and will gain his praise as he proves consistency. He also will have to end the Bills playoff drought. It's not a case of small market shunning, but rather a case of 16 years of poor performance and management that would never entice