Eric Wood Has Been Playing Well

He's having a good year from what I see. Credit to Kromer, the scheme, and of course Eric Wood.

He has. From the start of the season his improvement in pass pro has been evident and I can't help but think that is due at least in part to the upgrades either side of him at the guard position. However, the early games he was still struggling majorly in the run game - because we trying to run straight behind him. That isn't his strength. The scheme has adjusted and is focusing on getting him out and moving him, pulling him etc.... and that is his strength. He is playing much, much better. The play where we pull him and Richie and run behind the them is my favourite Greg Roman play.

• 3 weeks later...

Between having Kromer as OL coach, and Ritchie Incognito next to him, he's much more able to play to his capabilities.

First time since Levitre left he didn't have scrubs playing on either side of him. Kromer has done a great job with what he was dealt. Wood surprised everyone. great to have him playing at his potential again. IMO one of the teams few veteran leaders.

Not seeing a great year here but overall solid. He is playing like an above average center. The media says he is a team leader, maybe because he is willing to talk to them ... they have a closer view than we do.

On the Redskins game goal line stance we was owned.

Edited by Bob in STL

He has. From the start of the season his improvement in pass pro has been evident and I can't help but think that is due at least in part to the upgrades either side of him at the guard position. However, the early games he was still struggling majorly in the run game - because we trying to run straight behind him. That isn't his strength. The scheme has adjusted and is focusing on getting him out and moving him, pulling him etc.... and that is his strength. He is playing much, much better. The play where we pull him and Richie and run behind the them is my favourite Greg Roman play.

The system helped a lot......he lost his ability to anchor when his legs kept breaking earlier in his career......but he looks better physically than he has in the past 4 seasons.

He regressed to awful last season and nobody knew it better than him.

I was glad to hear he was taking a trip to Mexico last January. I think he hooked up his ol' buddy Fitz too. :thumbsup:

Not seeing a great year here but overall solid. He is playing like an above average center. The media says he is a team leader, maybe because he is willing to talk to them ... they have a closer view than we do.

He wouldn't be the first interior lineman who struggled to move Terrance Knighton (AKA Pot Roast) in the run game.

He has been average at best. No way he should be an alternate to ProBowl. He is much better than last year and under contract which is good.

Agreed.

Yep, yep and yep