(ot) NHL season, still a glimmer of hope?

zow2

Darren Pang on ESPN is saying that many many players are calling Goodenow and pressuring him to take Betteman's offer NOW (in the $44M range). It's very possible Goodenow announces the offer during his 4pm press conf.

I hate these players and the NHLPA right now. I might get a tiny bit of respect back if they pressure Goodenow to end this thing now. at 4pm.

Although Betteman might still say it's too late.

Darren Pang on ESPN is saying that many many players are calling Goodenow and pressuring him to take Betteman's offer NOW (in the $44M range).  It's very possible Goodenow announces the offer during his 4pm press conf.

I hate these players and the NHLPA right now.  I might get a tiny bit of respect back if they pressure Goodenow to end this thing now. at 4pm.

Although Betteman might still say it's too late.

242192[/snapback]

too late. ESPN.com already paid the graphic artist for the Tombstone with "RIP NHL 2004-2005 season" engraved on it. That made it official.

During his press conference Bettman stated he would be more than happy to eat crow and hold another press conference today to tell people the game was on if the NHLPA accepted the offer and had a contract drawn up within 24 hours. He further went on to say, don't look for it to happen.

242202[/snapback]

Did he say 24 hours. I heard that part of the press conference and thought he said 4 hours. But then again, my hearing isn't what it used to be.

Did he say 24 hours.  I heard that part of the press conference and thought he said 4 hours.  But then again, my hearing isn't what it used to be.

242228[/snapback]

I'm not sure if 4 hours was mentioned in there but I know he said the final contract would have to be DONE in 24 hours. Thats why he highly doubted it.

The real issue is that the rank in file players are going nuts and want him to accept the last offer. I think they finally realize that the pissing match between players and owners is not just some low stakes poker match where you're waiting to call the other guy on his bluff. These players have real families, they make great money, and they have great lives...and frankly, NO real world job skills to speak of. These guys had better run to Betteman begging to take his last offer.