Did Shady step out?

I was at the game and the one replay they showed it didn't look like he stepped OOB at the 43. There was 2:08 on the clock. Unless it was obvious I think Rex should challnege there. If I remember he ran it insdie the thirty. Not that many yards but Rex can't challenge anything after 2 minute warning, clock was already stopped, and they didn't need to conserve TO's.

Also was the holding penalty on the big punt return a good call? They never showed a replay in the stadium.

The refs doing the challenges themselves is like when you were in school and the teacher let you grade your own test. It's pretty idiotic that we would expect them to overrule any close call

This. Too many times the challenges are not properly overruled. Someone at NFL HQ or elsewhere should be doing the review like in MLB and NHL. Yeah, the NHL does something better than the NFL. Wow.

The refs doing the challenges themselves is like when you were in school and the teacher let you grade your own test. It's pretty idiotic that we would expect them to overrule any close call

Anything close is supposed to go to the call on the field. It's something like 45-50% of calls overturned since the league started this. Just some perspective to add.

I was at the game and the one replay they showed it didn't look like he stepped OOB at the 43. There was 2:08 on the clock. Unless it was obvious I think Rex should challnege there. If I remember he ran it insdie the thirty. Not that many yards but Rex can't challenge anything after 2 minute warning, clock was already stopped, and they didn't need to conserve TO's.

Also was the holding penalty on the big punt return a good call? They never showed a replay in the stadium.

Just looked it up. There was no sideline camera view replay of it during the game (why not?). It would be close, unless the all-22 nails it we will never know though.

The hold was a good call. The step out was definitely close, they did not have a definitive replay angle.

On the hold, the official that threw the flag got fooled by the Texan player falling down. It looked like he fell on his own but in real time, with the contact between Brooks and that player, it looked like Brooks threw him down. Sort of like when they call holding in interior line play when a guy goes down after being touched. It looks bad but when the replay is shown, the lineman just fell or was headed down anyway. The bad thing is that it had zero effect on the punt return. None.

The only thing I saw regarding the holding penalty on the punt return was the flag thrown in the area towards opposite sideline before Thigpen even caught the ball but the players were not in the screen and they never did a replay. In fact there were numerous plays where we didn't see a replay on. Brooks was pretty pissed about it though

The refs hv been just brutal this year and get worse every week

Edited by Max997