iPhone 5 help

dib

this is why i hate that phones are not coming with SD cards.

this is why I am struggling replacing my 4 1/2 year old phone.

At the very least there has to be a way you can take it and have the pictures extracted? Don't they save to the cloud?

You can save photos and other data to icloud, but that's not always a certainty. My iphone 5 bounced out of its holder during a bike ride and eventually died. When I went to restore my stuff from the cloud, it pulled in an old version of my backup and I lost a lot of contacts and calendar entries. So, it's not fail-safe.

I do a weekly manual backup of my photos to my laptop manually. That way I can also save them to an external hard drive and regardless of what happens to my phone, I have the photos and videos of my grandkids, which are priceless.

At the very least there has to be a way you can take it and have the pictures extracted? Don't they save to the cloud?

I had a digital disaster with my Droid 4 in early October... My fault for not backing up most of my life... BUT still... I know it was when they pushed the new Android OS's OTA... My phone bricked. Verizon got me all right, upgraded to Galaxy S6... then the whole family got all new iPhone 6s's... BOY did they see me coming!

I am still coping with the digital meltdown... I like mechanical QWERTY keyboard and nobody makes them. I am not sure if Blackberry finally came out with the Venice yet... BUT too late. :wallbash::wallbash:

Fug it! I keep telling myself, enlightenment is non-attachment...

Try an app like Dropbox. All my stuff gets backed up to both Apple's cloud and Dropbox. Makes it a snap to bring up files on other devices too.

Try an app like Dropbox. All my stuff gets backed up to both Apple's cloud and Dropbox. Makes it a snap to bring up files on other devices too.

do you have to pay for either? and how much?

i also don't like the cloud because you have to use data to use it. i like good old fashioned SD cards for that reason, which is a major reason i like the LG V10 over the XPure, S6 edge+ and 6P.

i also don't like the cloud because you have to use data to use it. i like good old fashioned SD cards for that reason, which is a major reason i like the LG V10 over the XPure, S6 edge+ and 6P.

I have used DropBox fro years... If you add more devices they give you more space... I never reached the free limit.

It's free for up to 2GB. And yeah, you shouldn't be using data to backup your phone. I'm pretty sure almost every major smartphone released in the last 2-3 years has an options to restrict it to Wifi only.