Full Intergation of Women in the Army

Women (read: feminists) don't want equality. They want special treatment.

Sadly, that special treatment bug almost everybody wants to get bit by! Who doesn't want special treatment? Who doesn't want to game the system if they are allowed to? It is what society has "evolved" into. Given the choice, who would want trickle down anything? Trickle? They want a deluge!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

The Navy's new aircraft carriers (starting with the Ford, I think, but certainly including the Kennedy) don't have urinals. All gender-neutral plumbing.

At least until some junior petty officer forgets to put the seat down...

To me this actually makes more sense than having urinals even with an all male crew, due to the limited space on ships and since you need a toilet anyway.

To me this actually makes more sense than having urinals even with an all male crew, due to the limited space on ships and since you need a toilet anyway.

I agree. It's at sea, there is already a giant urinal surrounding the ship.

I can't wait to see recruitment pamphlets on uni-sex showers. "Join the mobile infantry and save the world. Service guarantees citizenship!"

Then why don't they just install showers with a sit down head in them?

:nana::nana:

I don't think the vessels nowadays are as criticial as a 1942 Gato-Class submarine... Plenty of real estate to be had!

Unintended consequences....

YEP! I got no problem with my 13 year daughter registering when she is 18... Just like my son will this June!

I just have a hard time seeing her trade in the Uggs for combat boots if she is ever drafted... The US Military would be making a VERY serious mistake! She does dig a Med-Middle Eastern diet though... That's what got me to lose 100 pounds! Now on an MRE, she might tip 80 pounds... :lol::lol:

Then why don't they just install showers with a sit down head in them?

:nana::nana:

I don't think the vessels nowadays are as criticial as a 1942 Gato-Class submarine... Plenty of real estate to be had!

Gatos were downright luxurious compared to anything else at the time. You're close to Chicago, go tour U-505.

Ships are still very cluttered. Sure, a Burke-class destroyer displaces as much as an early WWII-era heavy cruiser with half the crew...but it carries a lot more ****, too. Sailors still have to hot-bunk.

Gatos were downright luxurious compared to anything else at the time. You're close to Chicago, go tour U-505.

Ships are still very cluttered. Sure, a Burke-class destroyer displaces as much as an early WWII-era heavy cruiser with half the crew...but it carries a lot more ****, too. Sailors still have to hot-bunk.

I did! I slept on the USS Silversides up in Muskegon... I was hanging off the bunk... Just imagine hotbunking with a the hillbilly machinist from Alabama (oxymoron... Do they have skilled trade there). Enlisted only got a shower once every 2 weeks? Cook was the only one that could showere everyday! The "Honeymoon Suite" was just above the torpedo bays. Subs got anything they wanted food wise... They said that they would literally stack the food everywhere and eat themselves more room! Silversides was the first to do an underwater surgery (apendectomy) during war... Great story!

Oh... You know what the scary part is... The Silversides (on its dry side) has the same exact General Electric electrical control handles that we still use today to operate the lock & dam! The handles and contacts are as biga as a Rolodex... LoL BUT supposedly the Silversides got them in a retro fit in the early 1950's... I just had to ask about those control handles! :D:D

Why not ?.............it worked for the NYFD.

Female Firefighter who flunked physical injured 10 days into job

Fear not...she now has a cushy, taxpayer-funded, desk job (no word on her qualifications for that job) earning $80K per year + fat bennies and pension.

Don't forget this story next election cycle when you hear certain groups claiming others want to 'cut teachers and fire fighters'.