Trump Alone at the Top

silence. just wondering if we can coclude from your comments that newt gingrich and matthew breitbart are morons on the fringe of society and without influence? (if only that was true!)

Perhaps before you continue to call people morons, or extremists,

You could explain who Matthew Breitbart is ?

Cruz surges to the top in Iowa
‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2015‎

Edited by B-Man

How much wealth did Irish, Jewish, Italian, German, Portuguese, etc. immigrant families accumulate during the antebellum period?

Do you believe that free black slave owners did not accumulate wealth for their families?

yes, because the descendents of freed black slave holders hold such a high percentage of the country's wealth...

Perhaps before you continue to call people morons, or extremists,

You could explain who Matthew Breitbart is ?

Cruz surges to the top in Iowa
‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2015‎

Andrew, matthew. who cares. you understood the reference and caught the mistake.. clearly he's rather obscure to liberals like me but not to cons like you. and i'll bet you don't consider him fringe.

yes, because the descendents of freed black slave holders hold such a high percentage of the country's wealth...

Andrew, matthew. who cares. you understood the reference and caught the mistake.. clearly he's rather obscure to liberals like me but not to cons like you. and i'll bet you don't consider him fringe.

Yeah, who cares.

Of course he died 3 and half years ago,

that's the problems with liberals not reading other (so called obscure) viewpoints...........and why I post them.

really? perhaps living in white bread, stepford wives northeastern suburbs didn't afford you the chance to see such "campaign" pieces in 2012 but I saw them....all too frequently http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Elections/President/2012/0320/Anti-Obama-slogans-with-racist-slants-on-the-rise-in-Election-2012. I don't see much defense against the confederate flags flying from rooftops and pickup trucks all over the south in the wake of the church shooting in Charleston. those folks aren't marginalized in many parts of the country. those opposing them are the ones marginalized. I've not witnessed a large defense movement aimed at eliminating this sort of intimidation.

Yup, because these types of campaigns haven't been ridiculed by the mainstream conservatives? Which part of the definition of fringe group is difficult to grasp? What kind of mainstream support did Dylan Roof receive? You're still clinging to the Confederate flag fallacy as a sign that the entire south is bigoted?

And you should do well to understand what drove Breitbart to start his website. He came from a liberal background, until he grew up and recognized the sheer hypocrisy of the left. That's why he made it his life's mission to expose the hypocrites. That's what the mention in the article is all about, obviously without you recognizing it. Breitbart made the claim that Obama was a race baiter, and you'd be hard pressed to deny that charge based on the seven year track record of his administration.

Yeah, who cares.

Of course he died 3 and half years ago,

that's the problems with liberals not reading other (so called obscure) viewpoints...........and why I post them.

therefore his racist viewpoints are not fringe in your circles.

therefore his racist viewpoints are not fringe in your circles.

Nope.

Nothing in my correction reply leads to that conclusion.

This is simply the latest example of you assuming/projecting/surmising/inferring.............. however you want to put it.

and as usual, you are wrong.

Yup, because these types of campaigns haven't been ridiculed by the mainstream conservatives? Which part of the definition of fringe group is difficult to grasp? What kind of mainstream support did Dylan Roof receive? You're still clinging to the Confederate flag fallacy as a sign that the entire south is bigoted?

And you should do well to understand what drove Breitbart to start his website. He came from a liberal background, until he grew up and recognized the sheer hypocrisy of the left. That's why he made it his life's mission to expose the hypocrites. That's what the mention in the article is all about, obviously without you recognizing it. Breitbart made the claim that Obama was a race baiter, and you'd be hard pressed to deny that charge based on the seven year track record of his administration.

the part that includes gingrich and santorum. the point however was the threat of overt racism over the type of "soft" racism that joe biden stupidly muttered. joe biden isn't going to inspire any mass killings, lynchings, job discrimination, housing discrimination, etc. these campaigns are quite likely to.

Edited by birdog1960

the part that includes gingrich and santorum. the point however was the threat of overt racism over the type of "soft" racism that joe biden stupidly muttered. joe biden isn't going to inspire any mass killings, lynchings, job discrimination, housing discrimination, etc. these campaigns are quite likely too.

Care to link the full context of the Santorum & Gingrich speeches, instead of the snippets that CSM decided to lift to fit their story?

in vast numbers :wallbash: .

There were almost 4000 black slave owners in the antebellum South prior to the civil war. According to the wiki Henry Louis Gates Jr. reports that "the percentage of free black slave owners as the total number of free black heads of families was quite high in several states, namely 43 percent in South Carolina, 40 percent in Louisiana, 26 percent in Mississippi, 25 percent in Alabama and 20 percent in Georgia."

Care to link the full context of the Santorum & Gingrich speeches, instead of the snippets that CSM decided to lift to fit their story?

ah yes, Christian science monitor, part of the evil msm...

oh and I did read what it said about breitbart. did you?

" Mr. Breitbart had promoted the video as a "bombshell," suggesting that it proved Mr. Obama to be a “race warrior” intent on righting the wrongs of history on the backs of white Americans."

sorry, I just haven't seen the race warrior side of Obama. in fact, many blacks think he's not done nearly enough in this area.

Edited by birdog1960

Never said that. But the story was about alleged racism in the campaign, so naturally the reporter and editor had a hand in picking out quotes to fit a narrative.

Find the full speeches and then we can talk whether Gingrich and Santorum are outward racists.

There were almost 4000 black slave owners in the antebellum South prior to the civil war. According to the wiki Henry Louis Gates Jr. reports that "the percentage of free black slave owners as the total number of free black heads of families was quite high in several states, namely 43 percent in South Carolina, 40 percent in Louisiana, 26 percent in Mississippi, 25 percent in Alabama and 20 percent in Georgia."

from the same source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_the_United_States#Black_slaveholders. 4000 out of nearly 400000 total slave owners. doesn't seem like a huge part of the problem. but at least now i'm aware that there's a movement to bring this "issue" to light apparently as an argument that blacks were as responsible for slavery as whites. c'mon...the things you learn on ppp.

Edited by birdog1960

from the same source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_the_United_States#Black_slaveholders. 4000 out of nearly 400000 total slave owners. doesn't seem like a huge part of the problem. but at least now i'm aware that there's a movement to bring this "issue" to light apparently as an argument that blacks were as responsible for slavery as whites. c'mon...the things you learn on ppp.

Given that blacks only made up 15.7% of the population in 1850, according to this document sourcing the 1850 US Census, I'd say that my numbers are more impactful than you're making them out to be.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

" Mr. Breitbart had promoted the video as a "bombshell," suggesting that it proved Mr. Obama to be a “race warrior” intent on righting the wrongs of history on the backs of white Americans."

sorry, I just haven't seen the race warrior side of Obama. in fact, many blacks think he's not done nearly enough in this area.

Yes, I read what Breitbart wrote and he proved to be quite prescient.

Would you say that race related conflicts have increased, stayed the same, or decreased during Obama's administration?

How much wealth did Irish, Jewish, Italian, German, Portuguese, etc. immigrant families accumulate during the antebellum period?

Do you believe that free black slave owners did not accumulate wealth for their families?

Off the top of my head I remembered this German who became one of wealthiest citizens in the country

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolphus_Busch

And I know that other northern immigrants did ok also, and after the war did even better. So I'd say a lot more wealth than slaves and sharecroppers saved. Yes, racism is a major factor in why sections of the population is living in poverty today

So you've never heard the radio interview that Obama gave in about 2003 where he goes on for minutes about how the civil rights movement fell short of providing economic justice for African Americans and how that should still be resolved? Have you read his book "Dreams" and the many racial remarks he makes? You're not aware that Obama has directed the justice department to pursue cases for victims of color and not pursue cases of the opposite nature? Obama is obsessed with race IMO.

Off the top of my head I remembered this German who became one of wealthiest citizens in the country

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolphus_Busch

And I know that other northern immigrants did ok also, and after the war did even better. So I'd say a lot more wealth than slaves and sharecroppers saved. Yes, racism is a major factor in why sections of the population is living in poverty today

You cited the chattel slavery of the antebellum South as the reason black Americans struggle more in poverty than their white counterparts.

I specifically asked you about other immigrant groups who survived in ghettos, and were the subject of extreme nativist discrimination, for generations; and why those groups have succeeded and integrated with in American society, while black Americans have struggled to do so.

And you respond with an anecdote about Budweiser?

really? perhaps living in white bread, stepford wives northeastern suburbs didn't afford you the chance to see such "campaign" pieces in 2012 but I saw them....

White bread stepford wives NE suburbs?

Man, you elitist magna cum laude 15%'ers sure like to stand in judgement of everything.