Trump Alone at the Top

It fails.

Because Republicans leaders across the board have condemned the proposal.

But don't let that get in the way of your bias

(convincingly) :lol:

some repug leaders have. but 40+ percent of the rank and file still support him and it seems to be growing. what would you say if a poll of muslims showed 40+% approved of extremist branches?

Fine & dandy, except he wasn't talking about immigration, but

total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States

Earlier I posed a simple question, to those saying how angry they are and going on about how evil trump and republicans are, have they actually heard him comments in full context? No one has replied that they had. But judging by the comments here they don't need to answer the question, I already have my answer.

some repug leaders have. but 40+ percent of the rank and file still support him and it seems to be growing. what would you say if a poll of muslims showed 40+% approved of extremist branches?

That is a different point from your other post

how bout this analogy: repugs failure to convincingly denounce trump

So because his polling hasn't changed, you still feel you can make that blanket statement.

Hilarious.

Earlier I posed a simple question, to those saying how angry they are and going on about how evil trump and republicans are, have they actually heard him comments in full context? No one has replied that they had. But judging by the comments here they don't need to answer the question, I already have my answer.

I have and he's a moron.

Do you actually know how immigration is handled these days? Can you identify the shortcomings? Do you have any data to better back up your statements and come to some proposals?

We allow 1 million a year legally and a case can be made that this is too many given the current economic and job climate. We allow (yes we do allow them) another very large group here illegally. We don't know much about those entering illegally. Many are bad. The cost to local and federal governments is very high. They drive down the wages of Americans. We have another large number that overstay their visa's and even today we don't often know their whereabouts (see 9/11 attackers). There are people oversees threatening to come here and do bad things. The FBI now says we can't verify backgrounds of many.

So rather than continue to manage immigration poorly, I think it needs to be cleaned up and reduced in size until we can manage it well.

For $30 or so you can buy the series of documentary films "They Come To America". In case you're interested, I assisted in all 3 of the films.

how's about you link his tweets and original speeches. I heard bits of his stump speech about it in iowa. link a transcript. but I don't think his stance is being generally misrepresented. I sure don't hear him saying that.

I pasted the official statement from the campaign site. How is it not interpreted in the right context? Do you have some sort of connection to filter out details from Trump's usual high level bluster?

That is a different point from your other post

So because his polling hasn't changed, you still feel you can make that blanket statement.

Hilarious.

I guess you couldn't translate repugs into republicans because rank and file republicans clearly should be included in measuring the party's opinion on trump. one could argue that it is currently the most important metric.

Edited by birdog1960

How do you account for the 9%-19% support from Dems that some polls have shown?

how bout this analogy: repugs failure to convincingly denounce trump is akin to muslim leaders failure to convincingly denounce extremist groups that call themselves muslims.

Every Republican short of an exhumed Ronald Reagan has denounced Trump's idiocy. I'd expect a well-read self-appointed smart guy like you to have figured that out by now.

Perhaps you're not as intelligent as you've been told by your intelligent peers.

dems...9-19%...support trump.

I've not seen those numbers. care to link? i'd be interested in the demographics of that clearly outlying group of deviants.

Every Republican short of an exhumed Ronald Reagan has denounced Trump's idiocy. I'd expect a well-read self-appointed smart guy like you to have figured that out by now.

Perhaps you're not as intelligent as you've been told by your intelligent peers.

45% = 45/100 that haven't. it speaks to the current composition of the party. just sayin.

Edited by birdog1960

I pasted the official statement from the campaign site. How is it not interpreted in the right context? Do you have some sort of connection to filter out details from Trump's usual high level bluster?

I missed that somewhere in the previous 15 pages my apologies. when I first heard all the outrage over this and the media coverage I like many thought it was a ridiculous thing to say. So I was curious enough and heard the audio for that portion of his speech and honestly after hearing it and what he was trying to explain (lets face it he's not the most PC guy or a polished politician) what I took out of it (reading between his rambling lines) was that he in general wanted to suspend the whole refugee/immigrant programs until they had a better understanding on the vetting and process and what is really going on and then take a look at it.

the initial outrage was so insane there were even reports from the media twisting what he said to the point that the "trump plan" would bar returning muslim US service members on deployment from entering the country which is asinine.

So I am not rushing to judgment other than saying that I think a lot of the outrage that people are showing has been taken out of context without really hearing what he said, and the republican establishment which has very clearly denounced his words have been waiting for this moment. They would love to be able to get Trump out of the race so everyone can band around Jeb or Rubio like the establishment wants they will not miss their opportunity to try and piggyback off the media coverage to push the narrative of being against trump.

I've not seen those numbers. care to link? i'd be interested in the demographics of that clearly outlying group of deviants.

Rasmussen from August. I imagine numbers may have changed, but polls showed 19% of Dems would support Trump's 3rd party run. Counting for about half of those wishing for an easier path for Hillary, still leaves you with 10%.

Don't pretend that crazy is a sole province of the GOP voting base.

This question isn't even worthy of an answer.

Edited by Chef Jim

I missed that somewhere in the previous 15 pages my apologies. when I first heard all the outrage over this and the media coverage I like many thought it was a ridiculous thing to say. So I was curious enough and heard the audio for that portion of his speech and honestly after hearing it and what he was trying to explain (lets face it he's not the most PC guy or a polished politician) what I took out of it (reading between his rambling lines) was that he in general wanted to suspend the whole refugee/immigrant programs until they had a better understanding on the vetting and process and what is really going on and then take a look at it.

the initial outrage was so insane there were even reports from the media twisting what he said to the point that the "trump plan" would bar returning muslim US service members on deployment from entering the country which is asinine.

So I am not rushing to judgment other than saying that I think a lot of the outrage that people are showing has been taken out of context without really hearing what he said, and the republican establishment which has very clearly denounced his words have been waiting for this moment. They would love to be able to get Trump out of the race so everyone can band around Jeb or Rubio like the establishment wants they will not miss their opportunity to try and piggyback off the media coverage to push the narrative of being against trump.

And this gets right back to why Trump is woefully unqualified to be President.

You inferred his position from his broadly implied statement.

Now, where have I seen this movie before, and how did it end?

Rasmussen from August. I imagine numbers may have changed, but polls showed 19% of Dems would support Trump's 3rd party run. Counting for about half of those wishing for an easier path for Hillary, still leaves you with 10%.

Don't pretend that crazy is a sole province of the GOP voting base.

I posted those numbers, and the supporting links.

There's a nasty nativist streak that runs through this country, and both major parties have it.

We have national and international agreements and laws governing relationships between countries. We don't have national and international agreements laws governing relationships between countries and religions.

By way of a simple example: the US and Jordan have some sort of arrangement to issue visas to each others' citizens. The US and Islam do not.

Okay fair, but I thought he was taking that elsewhere.

45% = 45/100 that haven't. it speaks to the current composition of the party. just sayin.

Please name everyone who comprises the 55% of elected Republicans who have not denounced this.

We'll wait.