Blood is on the NRA's hands

LA Grant

Obama Gets Emotional Talking About His Gun Orders That Won’t Prevent a Single Gun Death.

‘Every time I hear about those kids it makes me mad’: Obama cries for the victims of Newtown as he pushes gun control at speech surrounded by families who lost loved ones in mass shootings,” gushes the London Daily Mail, ignoring Obama’s silence on both the over 440 murders last year and disgraced crony Rahm Emmanuel’s sinking fortunes in Chicago, a city that should be entirely pacified, if overwhelming blue state gun control efforts actually worked.

WATCH: Obama breaks down in tears urging Americans to fight for tighter #guncontrol. http://fxn.ws/1Z5TKI1

NEW TITLE: WATCH: man who kills hundreds in "collateral damage" by personally approving drone bombing missions "cries".

“The MacGuffinization of American Politics,”

For Obama’s fanbois, this is not politics. This isn’t even America, not really, not anymore.

This is a movie. And Barack Obama is the Hero. And the Republicans are the Villains. And policy questions — and Obama’s myriad failures as an executive — are simply incidental. Th
ey are MacGuffins only, of no importance whatsoever, except to the extent they provide opportunities for Drama as the Hero fights in favor of them.

Watching Chris Matthews interview Obama, I was struck by just how uninterested in policy questions Matthews (and his panel) were, and how almost every question seemed to be, at heart, about Obama’s emotional response to difficulties– not about policy itself, but about Obama’s Hero’s Journey in navigating the plot of
President Barack Obama: The Movie.

As with a MacGuffin in the movie,
only the Hero’s
emotional response
to the MacGuffin matters

Edited by B-Man

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not really up on this whole gun show thing but maybe having private citizens participate on the sell side at guns shows is going to have to go away. I assume that's what they're referring to.

I wondered about that at first myself, but as far as I've been able to figure it out, sales by private individuals, either at gun shows or in their living rooms, are not affected by this presidential decree. If this is the case, then not only has no "gun show loophole" been closed, but there wasn't a gun show loophole in the first place.

Most people want loopholes closed and most people think GW is a problem

Please explain for us what loophole has been closed.

I wondered about that at first myself, but as far as I've been able to figure it out, sales by private individuals, either at gun shows or in their living rooms, are not affected by this presidential decree. If this is the case, then not only has no "gun show loophole" been closed, but there wasn't a gun show loophole in the first place.

Most guns used in crimes are not purchase at gun shows from private citizens, sold to individual in someone's living room or passed down from grampa. They are stolen from people's homes. When our home was broken in to a couple years ago I asked why they turned over our mattress and the cops said they were looking for guns. I think there should be some requirement to lock up your firearm when you are not home. That would help but the problem is much bigger than that.

Most guns used in crimes are not purchase at gun shows from private citizens, sold to individual in someone's living room or passed down from grampa. They are stolen from people's homes. When our home was broken in to a couple years ago I asked why they turned over our mattress and the cops said they were looking for guns. I think there should be some requirement to lock up your firearm when you are not home. That would help but the problem is much bigger than that.

To the best of my knowledge, you're absolutely right. I also think it's a very good idea to keep your guns in a safe while you're away from home. That's just too reasonable an approach to solving the problem - it's hard to get the public worked up with something as simple as common sense.

To the best of my knowledge, you're absolutely right. I also think it's a very good idea to keep your guns in a safe while you're away from home. That's just too reasonable an approach to solving the problem - it's hard to get the public worked up with something as simple as common sense.

We lock up our guns but we were cleaning out a closet and found several boxes of ammo. I told the wife we need to lock that up or stash it really well. If they break in again and find the ammo they'll tear our house apart (even with the alarm going off) trying to find the guns.

Yes it is common sense but I'd like to know the number of people that don't lock their firearms in a safe when they're not home.

Criminals buy guns on the black market anyways. They already circumvent the existing background checks. This Wil accomplish nothing except further restrict law abiding citizens constitutionally protected rights.

No I think there could be some improvements to background checks and updates to the backgrounds of gun owners. Just because someone has a clean criminal background hand mental health record at time of purchase doesn't mean they will always be clean.

Obama’s Executive Actions on Guns Will Help . . . . . . . . .Obama
This much can be said for President Barack Obama’s executive decrees on gun control: By shifting some federal funds into intervention for the mentally ill, he at least acknowledges, in some small part, one of the key problems. As for the rest . . .

President Obama will seek to rejigger some of the licensing rules in such a way as to cause some casual sellers of firearms to fall within the federal definition of “firearms dealer,” and thus oblige them to obtain federal dealers’ licenses and to perform background checks before selling a gun. What kind of well-thought-out criteria will the government use to determine that somebody is a firearms dealer under federal law? Whether he has a business card is one consideration (really) and whether he processes credit cards is another. Given the ubiquity of credit-card-processing technology attached to mobile phones, this could very well present a significant expansion of the legal definition of firearms dealer under federal law.
The president insists that he is acting within preexisting statutory authority; he has been wrong about that before, and the inevitable litigation may show him to be wrong this time around, too: The relevant statutes make no reference to such considerations as the president is putting forward.
{snip}
But all of this is far too much detail for President Obama, who thrives off one thing and one thing only: an enemy.
In this case, the president has calculated that having the National Rifle Association as a foil in the final year of his failed presidency will provide some lubrication as he endeavors to jam his presidential legacy into the body politic.
That won’t prevent much crime or secure treatment for any mentally ill Americans, but President Obama has always been at the top of President Obama’s agenda.

Edited by B-Man

Whether the background check thing needs to be improved (I for one feel it should be) the fact that this was done via executive order shows we have had a person "leading" this country for 7 years now that has no idea how to lead, negotiate or compromise. It's a combination of two of the worst traits anyone could have. Arrogant and chickshit.

We lock up our guns but we were cleaning out a closet and found several boxes of ammo. I told the wife we need to lock that up or stash it really well. If they break in again and find the ammo they'll tear our house apart (even with the alarm going off) trying to find the guns.

Yes it is common sense but I'd like to know the number of people that don't lock their firearms in a safe when they're not home.

Most of my friends and acquaintances are armed, and every one of them treats firearm safety in the home as seriously as SoProgs treat global warming cooling climate change like settled science. Everything is either locked up or by their side when they are home. Granted, you know where I live, and I'd argue that with folks where I used to live, high in the hills of Bumphucknowhere, NY, it's probably a different story, but they also left their keys in their cars and their doors unlocked at night.

Most of my friends and acquaintances are armed, and every one of them treats firearm safety in the home as seriously as SoProgs treat global warming cooling climate change like settled science. Everything is either locked up or by their side when they are home. Granted, you know where I live, and I'd argue that with folks where I used to live, high in the hills of Bumphucknowhere, NY, it's probably a different story, but they also left their keys in their cars and their doors unlocked at night.

And I live in Oakland where criminals likely break into each others homes on a regular basis to steal each others firearms. So calling for law abiding citizens to be required to have their firearm under lock and key when not at home is not going to solve this problem either. It's all window dressing.

And I live in Oakland where criminals likely break into each others homes on a regular basis to steal each others firearms. So calling for law abiding citizens to be required to have their firearm under lock and key when not at home is not going to solve this problem either. It's all window dressing.

But not the President crying on TV. That's serious.

cry.jpg?w=479

Montage: In 33-Minute Speech on Guns, Obama Refers to Himself 76 Times

While announcing his new executive actions on guns, President Obama spoke today about the pain of having to give speeches after mass shootings. He also spoke about meeting Gabby Giffords shortly after she was shot, and noted that she opened her eyes for the first time just an hour after his visit.

He spoke about his support for the Second Amendment, his background as a constitutional law professor, his critics, his frequent trouble locating his iPad, and perhaps most memorably, his anger when thinking about child victims of mass shootings.

If it's starting to sound like Obama made frequent mention of himself, that’s because he did.

In total, we counted 76 references to himself during his 33-minute address.

(Note that in arriving at this calculation, we included mentions of "we" when he was clearly including himself as part of the plural pronoun; the many uses of "we" in referring to America at large were not included. "Me," "myself," and "our" were also included. )

Why our President hasn't been so moved and cried in public since..............................................................

Oh yeah, last week when Aretha sang at the Kennedy Honors...................... :lol:

aretha-franklin-and-obama.jpgAretha Franklin brings President Obama to tears with 'Natural Woman' performance

Following his executive actions this week, President Obama will participate in what CNN is calling a "town hall" style discussion about gun control at George Mason University tomorrow night. The one hour show will be hosted by CNN anchor Anderson Cooper and airs live at 8 p.m eastern.

But according to a memo sent to faculty and students by GMU Communications and Marketing Vice President Renell Wynn earlier this week, participation in the town hall is by invite only. There are no tickets available to people who are not specifically invited to the event.

"This is an invitation-only event. No tickets are available," the memo states. "The event is not open to the public."

newspeak-dictionary1.jpg Town Hall Meeting = The event is not open to the public

PS: The Bonnies play there tonight....Go Bonas !

Edited by B-Man