Blood is on the NRA's hands

LA Grant

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You want a gun to protect yourself from what exactly? The US Army turning inward? Or some sort of home invasion?

Do you think having a firearm in your house makes it more or less likely that someone in your house will be hurt by a firearm?

By the way, I am fine with your right to own a firearm, but most people's rationale for wanting one doesn't make sense. If I ever got a firearm, it would just be because I want one. I know it would increase the risk of an accident in my home. I once had our elderly dog walker come into our house at 11pm confused about the day he was supposed to walk our dog--would I have shot him? I hope not but let's just say that my nerves were pretty high strung that night and if I'd have had a handgun, it would have been in my hand.

And owning a gun would not stop the US Army from marching down my street.

So how should guns laws be changed and what would you expect to be the results from those changes?

Guns have been around for centuries. Crazy has been around for millennia. Yet this spate of fun violence is fairly recent.

Your last paragraph is more spot on.

But let's make sure we never discuss anything but 'guns' and 'mental health' when it comes to shootings.

Concerning those that are blaming ISIS ....... if I worked somewhere for 5 years, and then shot it up and killed other employees, would you blame the mafia, as I am Italian American?

Does the mafia have a history (or stated goals) of mass executions of random innocents?

Because Europe doesn't have the violent gang/drug culture that we enjoy here (though it is starting to spring up). The reality of violent crime in America shows that if you're not involved with drugs or gangs that your chances of being a victim are on par with the average European.

But that doesn't make money or curry votes, so we're left with morons like the OP who think prohibition of the most regulated item in the country will make the problem go away, just like it has with drugs.

Actually they don't have guns.

I am in favor of the second amendment, but there are things we can do by using technology to lessen these types of attacks, such as:

GPS chips should be installed in every gun that is made from here on out.

Each firearm should be customized for the use of the registered owner only. I'm not sure if they have created that type of weapon yet, but I'm sure they can figure it out.

Edited by Justice

I am in favor of the second amendment, but there are things we can do by using technology to lessen these types of attacks, such as:

GPS chips should be installed in every gun that is made from here on out.

Each firearm should be customized for the use of the registered owner only. I'm not sure if they can create that type of weapon but I'm sure they can figure it out.

Why not just put GPS chips in everyone's' brains? And if they misbehave, we flip the kill switch? Edited by FireChan

Once again, short of nationwide mandatory confiscation of all firearms from civilians, no gun law would have prevented this.

Not a seven-day waiting period.

No “gun show loophole” applied.

Limits on how much ammunition a gun can carry at one time might have had a marginal impact;

there’s little sign the shooters encountered much resistance at the social services facility. Initial reports indicated they had as much time to reload as they needed and brought multiple weapons.

These two put a lot of preparation into this: both of them were dressed in tactical gear and carrying assault rifles, officials said. That level of preparation is among the factors investigators are weighing as they examine a motive for the attack.
Chief Jarrod Burguan of the San Bernardino Police Department said at a news conference that the attack did not seem to be “a spur-of-the-moment thing.”
The vehicle also contained so-called “rollout bags” with multiple pipe bombs, as well as additional ammunition. The couple also had GoPro cameras strapped to their body armor and wore tactical clothing, including vests stuffed with ammunition magazines. “That’s a military tactic for a sustained fight,” That’s the sort of thing you bring if you want to make videos to terrorize other people, and rally others to their cause or ideology…
it also would explain why they left the scene instead of staying to shoot it out with police at the social services facility. They intended to live to tell the tale, at least for a while.
Each detail of this story adds one more layer of “what the hell?”
The couple didn’t leave behind a note at Inland Regional. But they did stash three explosive devices — rigged to a remote-controlled toy car — that didn’t go off. See, when your perpetrators are using explosive devices, it’s stupid to argue that gun control laws are the right solution here.

I didn't say it was okay, retard. I said it's NOT okay to misleadingly sensationalize it to make a dishonest political point.

You are the one being dishonest. You think it should not be shown how many gun murders there are each year because it happens every year? That's retarded! You are a screwed up person

So there is not one gun owner in all of Europe? Are you really saying this?

Zero, never have been

Concerning those that are blaming ISIS ....... if I worked somewhere for 5 years, and then shot it up and killed other employees, would you blame the mafia, as I am Italian American?

if this was the late '70s and you decided to knee cap your coworkers.

You are the one being dishonest. You think it should not be shown how many gun murders there are each year because it happens every year? That's retarded! You are a screwed up person

I think it shouldn't be SENSATIONALIZED. What part of "SENSATIONALIZED" don't you understand?

if this was the late '70s and you decided to knee cap your coworkers.

So...Manzanar makes perfect sense to you?

Zero, never have been

I think it should be shown what types of murders there are every years. How many of those daily mass shootings are committed by criminals/gang members/etc that own their guns illegally.

To your response to my question I have no idea where your going with it but please explain yourself.