FILM REVIEW-WK 11- CHIEFS- HENDERSON STUGGLES

Bocephuz

Misrepresentation to prove a point would be creating a weekly thread outlining "every passing play" in order to assess the play of Tyrod Taylor, and then intentionally dropping three of his worst plays, including a play in which he fumbled twice, turning the ball over on downs, from the assessment.

I have no agenda. I am a fan who watches the all 22 focusing on o line play and qb play so i can post my informed 'opinions'rather than shooting from the hip as many posters do. My main goal is to figure out how much the o line is affecting qb play.. And qb analysis is secondary. I listed 8 plays that in my opinion were unforced errors on TT. I criticized the 2 plays that were almost ints and made sure to mention his disapointing habit of committing delay of game penalties. I also gave you a specific reason why I didn't mention the last play of the game. Anyone who watched the game can make a judgment on that one play.. I chose not to and gave you my reason why.

If you have specific examples of unforced errors that i missed please share them with us. That is the point of this post. I very well may have missed some obvious ones. If your goal is to be the 'smartest guy in the room' and pick minor issues to fully discredit my posts I would venture to say that most of the people who read my weekly post would prefer you to skip over and troll someone else.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Misrepresentation to prove a point would be creating a weekly thread outlining "every passing play" in order to assess the play of Tyrod Taylor, and then intentionally dropping three of his worst plays, including a play in which he fumbled twice, turning the ball over on downs, from the assessment.

Well .... we're waiting.

How would you classify the Bills' last offensive play?

Bocephuz: IMHO, you do a great service to casual fans such as me, and I look forward to and enjoy reading your analyses.

I get pretty angry when somebody decides to give a hard time to people like you, Bill from NYC, YOLO, wawrow or several other posters who genuinely add some meat to this board.

And that's all I'm gonna say about that.

Bocephuz: IMHO, you do a great service to casual fans such as me, and I look forward to and enjoy reading your analyses.

I get pretty angry when somebody decides to give a hard time to people like you, Bill from NYC, YOLO, wawrow or several other posters who genuinely add some meat to this board.

And that's all I'm gonna say about that.

Appreciate the positivity.. Thank you. As long as there are a handful of people who find my weekly post interesting I will continue to post it.. And going forward I will try and do a better job of not clogging things up by biting on the Troll bait Edited by Bocephuz

Henderson is a real drive killer. Glenn has been meh. Id draft a T early and send Henderson to the bench. The better guy starts on the left aide

I think we've seen enough of a sample size to conclude that Henderson is well below average in pass protect and I agree we need to draft his replacement

Thanks for doing this, I would like to check out the all-22 one of these seasons, so I will have to live vicariously through you for now.

Do you see an improvement in the line over the season so far? Seems to me Henderson is treading water or getting worse while the rest are doing well/better as they get to know Kromer/Roman. Rex is standing behind Henderson but I don't see how they won't address the position with a high draft pick as you mentioned. I think there's going to be a safety in our future in that range too.

Henderson is a real drive killer. Glenn has been meh. Id draft a T early and send Henderson to the bench. The better guy starts on the left aide

do you know anything about actual line play (serious question). Most nfl writers do not which is how Jason Peters ends up in the pro bowl among others. Glenn has been very good

Thanks for doing this, I would like to check out the all-22 one of these seasons, so I will have to live vicariously through you for now.

Do you see an improvement in the line over the season so far? Seems to me Henderson is treading water or getting worse while the rest are doing well/better as they get to know Kromer/Roman. Rex is standing behind Henderson but I don't see how they won't address the position with a high draft pick as you mentioned. I think there's going to be a safety in our future in that range too.

Based on what I've seen the 2015 o line is much improved over 2014 line as far as pass protection goes. Glenn is playing slightly better than he did last year. Incognito is light years better than Chris Williams/ Cyril Richardson/ Urbik were in 2014 at LG. Wood has rallied in 2015 and put his ugly 2014 play behind him.At RG John Miller has been a disappointment after playing so well in preseason.. But Urbik has actually filled in admirably for the injured rookie. Henderson wasn't that great in 2014 and has been worse in 2015. Kouandjio did ok filling in but something weird is going on with him as he is apparently 3rd string now. Definitely need a new RT.

I have noticed that the line has been doing a much better job of picking up stunts since Kromer has come back.

do you know anything about actual line play (serious question). Most nfl writers do not which is how Jason Peters ends up in the pro bowl among others. Glenn has been very good

Based on what I've seen Glenn has been consistently solid in pass protection and in my opinion he's a top 15 LT and we would be foolish to not resign him

Cool, thanks.

I think Kujo has a lot to learn in his technique, at Alabama he seemed to grab on and control guys without needing much. He could also be having issues with the mental side of the game, from what I've seen over the years that seems to be the reason why guys who look like they can play really well at times don't see the field as often as they should. Tough for a coach to count on someone who doesn't know where they need to be.

Cool, thanks.

I think Kujo has a lot to learn in his technique, at Alabama he seemed to grab on and control guys without needing much. He could also be having issues with the mental side of the game, from what I've seen over the years that seems to be the reason why guys who look like they can play really well at times don't see the field as often as they should. Tough for a coach to count on someone who doesn't know where they need to be.

Kujo hasn't been great by any means.. It's just that Henderson has set the bar so low that Kujo looked fairly competent in comparison when he filled in. It seems pretty obvious the coaches see some serious flaws in his game and it seems like they are pulling the plug on him as a development project Edited by Bocephuz

You could at least be honest about what you're peddling.

Seriously?

If you dont want any, move along.

Why be a dk.

What i rarely understand is why people who disagree have to make such a flaming point about it.

Just move on. You have done yourself a disservice to the forum here.

for shame

Yes.. I don't think they'll pay Bradham so need to replace him and also get rush OLB

What about LT? Oh and LG?[/quote

I'm hoping we pay both Glenn and Incognito.. Shudder to think if we lose either

Bradham has not earned a lucrative contract imho. But i would not toss him in the outgoing trash yet.

Glenn and Cogs are really a strong duo, and making Wood look better than last year. Thank goodness.

I think we've seen enough of a sample size to conclude that Henderson is well below average in pass protect and I agree we need to draft his replacement

Can we solve the Problem in the draft though?

Monetarily that is where you want to go, of course. Lets hope CK comes around. Hendy is going to get TT killed. and we just cant have that.

Based on what I've seen the 2015 o line is much improved over 2014 line as far as pass protection goes. Glenn is playing slightly better than he did last year. Incognito is light years better than Chris Williams/ Cyril Richardson/ Urbik were in 2014 at LG. Wood has rallied in 2015 and put his ugly 2014 play behind him.At RG John Miller has been a disappointment after playing so well in preseason.. But Urbik has actually filled in admirably for the injured rookie. Henderson wasn't that great in 2014 and has been worse in 2015. Kouandjio did ok filling in but something weird is going on with him as he is apparently 3rd string now. Definitely need a new RT.

I have noticed that the line has been doing a much better job of picking up stunts since Kromer has come back.

Based on what I've seen Glenn has been consistently solid in pass protection and in my opinion he's a top 15 LT and we would be foolish to not resign him

Glad you have come around to my way of Thinking Bocephuz. I could highlight most all of your words.

Miller is just to young having Seantrel next to him. always thought put richie on the right to balance out the rookie vet spacing. For communication sakes.

You think Kromer really makes the difference? They are much improved in pick ups for sure. I thought it coincidence : )

Cool, thanks.

even tougher on the QB !

Seriously?

If you dont want any, move along.

Why be a dk.

What i rarely understand is why people who disagree have to make such a flaming point about it.

Just move on. You have done yourself a disservice to the forum here.

for shame

I've "done myself a disservice to the forum here" by pointing out bias, actual information intentionally omitted, peddled as facts?

Yeah...

I can live with that.

Have a good evening.

Appreciate the positivity.. Thank you. As long as there are a handful of people who find my weekly post interesting I will continue to post it.. And going forward I will try and do a better job of not clogging things up by biting on the Troll bait

Your OL analysis is very good. I think if you had given a more solid response to why you chose to omit the negative TT plays towards the end of the game, the discussion could have gotten smoother. As you obviously put in a lot more work than me or most people here, you deserve kudos. But along with thoughtful analysis comes a burden of being totally objective regarding all aspects you are commenting on. As an example, no one would take you to task for defensive breakdowns as you do not analyze those. But when you specifically look for QB performance and in the past have taken pains to analyze both EJ and TT, it is only fitting that you look at the overall performance by TT. As another example, if memory serves me correctly, you had glowing reviews of his second half performance in the first Pats* game, which almost resulted in a comeback win. By that token, TT's performance should be judged till the final whistle in the Chiefs game as well.

Edited by Fan in Chicago

I'm balanced on Tyrod, and you'll find very few posters who disagree with my assessment of his abilities and weaknesses. I simply point out his flaws and limitations.

I've never once been dishonest in any assessment of him.

And I've certainly never started an entire weekly thread series claiming to assess "every throw of the game", including this gem:

Your balanced?

TTT......in all seriousness I think that it is time that you go back and read your own posts. If EVER there was a poster here who crusades it is you on the subject of Tyrod Taylor.

Frankly it is not about being fair and balanced. It is about repeating the same things over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

And you think there are poster's here that agree with your assessment? There is literally THREE of you. The rest are just casual strollers through who are identified trollers on this sight looking for nothing but to cause 5 page threads telling them how ignorant they are.

You most certainly have a agenda.....you push it every opportunity you get....you name call and insight every chance quite a bit. It is literally very hard to even have a discussion because you get very upset when people do not agree with you. You attack when you dont like something. You could simply just skip over a thread like this but you felt it your obligation to get in and berate the OP. I rather enjoy what he puts out there because it gives some good topics of discussion.

You have violated TOS on mulitple occasions....and you berate anyone who doesnt agree with you.

Those are facts. I truly wonder why you have not been given a vacation by the mods here.

Your OL analysis is very good. I think if you had given a more solid response to why you chose to omit the negative TT plays towards the end of the game, the discussion could have gotten smoother. As you obviously put in a lot more work than me or most people here, you deserve kudos.

But along with thoughtful analysis comes a burden of being totally objective regarding all aspects you are commenting on. As an example, no one would take you to task for defensive breakdowns as you do not analyze those. But when you specifically look for QB performance and in the past have taken pains to analyze both EJ and TT, it is only fitting that you look at the overall performance by TT.

As another example, if memory serves me correctly, you had glowing reviews of his second half performance in the first Pats* game, which almost resulted in a comeback win. By that token, TT's performance should be judged till the final whistle in the Chiefs game as well.

I agree with all of this, and the bolded are most important.

I've "done myself a disservice to the forum here" by pointing out bias, actual information intentionally omitted, peddled as facts?

Yeah...

I can live with that.

Have a good evening.

I always do : )

I wish you the same .

Your OL analysis is very good. I think if you had given a more solid response to why you chose to omit the negative TT plays towards the end of the game, the discussion could have gotten smoother. As you obviously put in a lot more work than me or most people here, you deserve kudos. But along with thoughtful analysis comes a burden of being totally objective regarding all aspects you are commenting on. As an example, no one would take you to task for defensive breakdowns as you do not analyze those. But when you specifically look for QB performance and in the past have taken pains to analyze both EJ and TT, it is only fitting that you look at the overall performance by TT. As another example, if memory serves me correctly, you had glowing reviews of his second half performance in the first Pats* game, which almost resulted in a comeback win. By that token, TT's performance should be judged till the final whistle in the Chiefs game as well.

good and fair post Chicago .

I only wish i was able to add to dialogues as well as this :thumbsup:

You put a lot of time into this. Just me watching the game, I would think it is more like 30-40%

My basic threshold is that the QB is able to hit his drop and have time to hit his first.. Maybe second read.

Your point is well taken. I was still emotional about that call and it carried over to my analysis. Nevertheless.. I wasn't omitting that play to protect Tyrod. Just trying to make a point about that call.