FILM REVIEW-WK 11- CHIEFS- HENDERSON STUGGLES

Bocephuz

My basic threshold is that the QB is able to hit his drop and have time to hit his first.. Maybe second read.

Your point is well taken. I was still emotional about that call and it carried over to my analysis. Nevertheless.. I wasn't omitting that play to protect Tyrod. Just trying to make a point about that call.

To be fair, on third down, he hit Clay at the 26, and clay ran back 5 yards, making it 4th and 9. Also, Hogan actually dropped that pass when initially hit (visible on the reverse angle replay) and it probably wouldn't have been overturned. So one could easily argue that TT had to compensate for failures by his receivers on those two plays. As it was, he may have fumbled, but he also almost made a spectacular play to get the first, falling just a a foot or two short on a play in which the protection completely broke down. And some of those linemen would surely have graded poorly on that final play.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always do : )

I wish you the same .

good and fair post Chicago .

I only wish i was able to add to dialogues as well as this :thumbsup:

You are not too bad yourself, unlike a few around here

My basic threshold is that the QB is able to hit his drop and have time to hit his first.. Maybe second read.

Your point is well taken. I was still emotional about that call and it carried over to my analysis. Nevertheless.. I wasn't omitting that play to protect Tyrod. Just trying to make a point about that call.

As you have volatility raised the level of OL analysis, I hold you to a higher standard. So take my criticism in that light.

You are not too bad yourself, unlike a few around here

As you have volatility raised the level of OL analysis, I hold you to a higher standard. So take my criticism in that light.

Your input and criticism is well taken and appreciated as it is generally on point and not personal

It bothers me that you're forced to explain that.

I believe that those who read the board consistently should know better than to draw that conclusion. Now, I don't mean to take a shot at Tasker or anyone else; merely saying that the overall body of work done in this series of threads should be considered in the future.

Bocephuz, As I have said after all your weekly posts regarding the OL they fairly capture the quality of play of the OL. What is evident is that this OL is definitely an upgrade over last year's OL. It would be much better if the weak link RT played at a more competently level.

Without a doubt Incognito is our best player on the line. He is playing at an all-pro level. He was a terrific addition. And as you pointed out Urbik who replaced the struggling Miller has played solidly.

It bothers me that you're forced to explain that.

I believe that those who read the board consistently should know better than to draw that conclusion. Now, I don't mean to take a shot at Tasker or anyone else; merely saying that the overall body of work done in this series of threads should be considered in the future.

:thumbsup:

Bocephuz, As I have said after all your weekly posts regarding the OL they fairly capture the quality of play of the OL. What is evident is that this OL is definitely an upgrade over last year's OL. It would be much better if the weak link RT played at a more competently level.

Without a doubt Incognito is our best player on the line. He is playing at an all-pro level. He was a terrific addition. And as you pointed out Urbik who replaced the struggling Miller has played solidly.

If Bills could get Seantrel playing consistent against the pass. This line , with Urbik is very serviceable and i might guess allows for bigger play book by now.

Even with RT struggles, this is the best we have had in a while. Took quite a few games to come around ( Kromer? ).

TT should have some confidence, and i would hope will begin to trust these guys and the protection play calls.

agreed JohnC. Cognito has shaped this line into tough characters. His leadership and his play has improved the O line noticeably .

Not even pissed ay Wood anymore! And i was seriously disgusted with him last year and preseason too.

If Bills could get Seantrel playing consistent against the pass. This line , with Urbik is very serviceable and i might guess allows for bigger play book by now.

Even with RT struggles, this is the best we have had in a while. Took quite a few games to come around ( Kromer? ).

TT should have some confidence, and i would hope will begin to trust these guys and the protection play calls.

agreed JohnC. Cognito has shaped this line into tough characters. His leadership and his play has improved the O line noticeably .

Not even pissed ay Wood anymore! And i was seriously disgusted with him last year and preseason too.

Henderson is respectable on running plays. But on passing plays he whiffs too much. Not holding your block on passing plays is bad enough but completely missing so often and jeopardizing the well being of the qb is not acceptable. He is worse than being ineffective; he is a major liability out there. What does it say about how the coaching staff thinks of Kujo when he can't get playing time on the right side?

The sense I get when watching him (just an opinion) is that he is regularly lost in a fog. Sometimes we get too impressed with a player's physical stature and don't focus on the most important issue: How does the player play? With him I see too much befuddlement and not enough progression.

I agree with your positive assessment of Wood this year. What has helped him a lot this year is playing alongside Incognito. RI is the anchor on that line. He kicks out to the left and right as well as any guard I have seen in a long time.

Henderson is respectable on running plays. But on passing plays he whiffs too much. Not holding your block on passing plays is bad enough but completely missing so often and jeopardizing the well being of the qb is not acceptable. He is worse than being ineffective; he is a major liability out there. What does it say about how the coaching staff thinks of Kujo when he can't get playing time on the right side?

The sense I get when watching him (just an opinion) is that he is regularly lost in a fog. Sometimes we get too impressed with a player's physical stature and don't focus on the most important issue: How does the player play? With him I see too much befuddlement and not enough progression.

I agree with your positive assessment of Wood this year. What has helped him a lot this year is playing alongside Incognito. RI is the anchor on that line. He kicks out to the left and right as well as any guard I have seen in a long time.

May we consider that Seantrel has the most reps and has a better feel for what the Romans want to do over getting Kujo more exp ?

Maybe we see more of him after Sunday depending on he W/L . I know nothing about Jordan Mills.

I have been a proponent of having a Vet next to SH all season. Keep his head in the game.

Miller should not have had that responsibility. imo. John had his own game to work on.

The right side is where the work is needed. I am not all about drafting another OT or OG early to fix it. But I will leave that to Kromer and Roman.

Henderson looks the part of an NFL tackle, but has not performed well in 2 years. A project when he arrived, he has not arrived as a completed project. Might be time to move on. Unfortunately, the 2d rd choice, KJ, is not up to it either. Anybody want to second guess Marrone and Co for keeping KJ off the field. The new coaching administration (REX team) now doing the same thing. Whaley may have to give up on this guy..........cut him loose. He is still young, but has not impressed in two years either. KJ a healthy move down the depth chart. guessing KJ is gone nextg year.

That's what I saw upon a further review after reading a more favorable review of #66 play. He's fine when he's able to engage his man. But far too often he blatantly misses or forgets which guy to block and decides to help Urbik on a double team leaving his man unblocked. Roman also lines Mulligan up next to Henderson, which gives a play away.

I think Roman is still afraid of the protection and TT's play that he's in max protect a lot. Then teams double cover Sammy and Woods/Hogan aren't good or consistent enough to scare teams away. Percy's injury was the real killer for this offensive design.

Some of my own notes:

2nd half

• Rolleout to Clay
  • Drop by Woods
  • Horrible challenge by Rex
  • Olay block by Henderson…..TT fumbles….Cheifs ball

• First down run by TT 15 yards

• McCoy destroyed by LB in backfield….Clay wiffs

• Offsides by KC…not called….TT hits Watkins in the hands over the middle…..cant catch it…ball was a little high

• TT hits Hogan….who of course doenst run his route to the first down marker

• Offsides on KC….drive continues

• Lateral run for Boobie….WTF

• Delay of game WHY IS IT TAKING SO LONG TO GET THE DAMN PLAY

• TT completes to Hogan…1st down…….

• Beautiful throw by TT to McCoy

• 2 point conversion……TT turns to run and the REF IS RIGHT IN HIS WAY WTF

• Defense cant stop anybody

• Could have been worse..Kelce wide open

• TT nice throw to clay….15 yards

• Tyrod extends a play with his legs

• TT completing 68 percent of passes…..highest in Bills history in single season

• TT hits WR over middle….who drops it

TT throws a WTF pass……that is nearly picked

Defense cant stop anybody…..

Ike runs around not doin ****…….we don’t have ANYBODY better?

Screen to McCoy

TT converts 1st down with legs

TT hits Hogan over the middle…..who drops it but doesn’t…..Rex doesn’t challenge

TT fumbles the ball in the bad weather…gets it back…then refs deem he does not get a first down when he picks it up and runs with it

Chiefs run it out