• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

done. That felt good. And i managed to not even curse. :rolleyes:

241899[/snapback]

My message:

I is unbelieveable that you were incapable of resolving the situation with the NHL. As usual, the union management was playing "mine is bigger than yours" instead of doing what is best for the players and the league. Are you so blind that you cannot see the damage you have created? All for what? Your egos?

Let me show how easy it would be to resolve the cap issue. There was a 6 million dollar difference in the cap numbers. Obviously, it is extremely difficult to compromise on this by saying, for example, $6M divided by 2 = $3M and add that to the lowest number. No, that would be too <gasp> easy. It obviously must be a hell of a lot more complicated to settle on a number between the two.

You get what you deserve. Unfortunately, union management does not care, because with or without the season, you still get your union dues.

Shameful.

Too bad they do not have the F You smilie.

My message:

I is unbelieveable that you were incapable of resolving the situation with the NHL. As usual, the union management was playing "mine is bigger than yours" instead of doing what is best for the players and the league. Are you so blind that you cannot see the damage you have created? All for what? Your egos?

Let me show how easy it would be to resolve the cap issue. There was a 6 million dollar difference in the cap numbers. Obviously, it is extremely difficult to compromise on this by saying, for example, $6M divided by 2 = $3M and add that to the lowest number. No, that would be too <gasp> easy. It obviously must be a hell of a lot more complicated to settle on a number between the two.

You get what you deserve. Unfortunately, union management does not care, because with or without the season, you still get your union dues.

Shameful.

Too bad they do not have the F You smilie.

241936[/snapback]

All, you let the politician in ya step aside for a minute and gave em a piece, huh? nice work.

All, you let the politician in ya step aside for a minute and gave em a piece, huh? nice work.

241940[/snapback]

Well, I have never been much of a union guy to begin with, so it was pretty easy.

As far as the politician stuff, I have always said what I believed as evidence by my presidential website. You may not agree with what I have to say, but at least there is no ambiguity in my stance, which is something that I do not see from other politicians.

Now that I have calmed down a bit, Could anyone be stupider than the current group of NHL Players & the NHLPA? Bettman comes on and says best deal is now off the table. Now, there has to be a hard salary cap linked to revenues. He said that would not be 54% of $2 billion but now more like 52 or 53% of $1 billion. (I think even that is optimistic). That translates to a salary cap somewhere between $16-$20 million per team. A far, far cry from even $42.5 million. Players can either take that or leave it come September 2005 because it won't get any better than $20 million per team. Freaking hysterical if you ask me.

That translates to a salary cap somewhere between $16-$20 million per team. A far, far cry from even $42.5 million. Players can either take that or leave it come September 2005 because it won't get any better than $20 million per team. Freaking hysterical if you ask me.

If the cap is that low, then ticket prices better come down with it.

Now that I have calmed down a bit, Could anyone be stupider than the current group of NHL Players & the NHLPA? Bettman comes on and says best deal is now off the table. Now, there has to be a hard salary cap linked to revenues. He said that would not be 54% of $2 billion but now more like 52 or 53% of $1 billion. (I think even that is optimistic). That translates to a salary cap somewhere between $16-$20 million per team. A far, far cry from even $42.5 million. Players can either take that or leave it come September 2005 because it won't get any better than $20 million per team. Freaking hysterical if you ask me.

241973[/snapback]

Of course the 42.5 is off the table.....the league will go back to what Daly said in September.....31 million.

Or did Bettman say something different???