2004-05 NHL season officially cancelled

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Bettman said that the deal is off the table, and they don't know what revenues will be there now. Also said that they're going to have to work with fans as far as ticket prices are concerned. Thank you Dr. Obvious, ticket prices for the NHL are more expensive than the NFL, gee I wonder why there's mass apathy towards the NHL and now the NHL lockout.

I was one of the few who still held out hope especially after yesterday's news. Even as Bettman was walking to the podium at 1:01, I was thinking to myself, "Maybe he's going to say they worked out a last-minute deal." Yeah right.

Once again, a big grand, phenomenal, one-of-a-kind, extra special with cherries and whipped cream on top :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: to Mr. Goodenow, Mr. Saskin, Mr. Linden, Mr. Bettman, Mr. Daly, and the rest of the jerks involved in this process.

Throw Peca and McKee in there for good measure.

Bettman said that the deal is off the table, and they don't know what revenues will be there now. Also said that they're going to have to work with fans as far as ticket prices are concerned. Thank you Dr. Obvious, ticket prices for the NHL are more expensive than the NFL, gee I wonder why there's mass apathy towards the NHL and now the NHL lockout.

241853[/snapback]

I hear that. I work within walking distance of the Thrashers and I rarely fork over the $$ needed to go to a game...

Well, i've said it all along... I will be (and am now) very upset that the season is cancelled... However, the longer this goes, the more kinks are worked out between the NHL and the NHLPA. The agreement has been a mess since 1994, and i say, take as long as necessary to fix it. Do not sacrifice the quality of the agreement for the schedule. I'm pissed, but in 10 years, i'll be greatful that i missed NHL hockey in june of 2005.