Roberto Aguayo

Bubba Gump

4th. But the Jags did take a punter in the third round (Anger) a few years back. So I'm sure some team might go for him in the mid third as well

Against conventional wisdom, but given the importance of field goals and the extended extra points, a 3rd round pick makes sense if you're getting a great franchise kicker.

Genuinely think that he's well worth a draft pick as early as the 3rd. I don't see him failing at all.

Given my fascination with kickoffs and touchbacks though, I'd rather use a late round pick on Ka'imi Fairbairn from UCLA. 20 of 22 this year, perfect on XP's and has a touchback rate of 73.33% this year (55 of 75).

I know I'm a nerd.

If you can get a money kicker who can put a huge majority of his kick-offs through the end zone, hits 90% of his film goals, and has a 60 yard leg, then yes!!!! …. Considering how valuable a great kicker can be to a team (points, field position, etc.), he is well worth a high round pick. I'd go as high as end of the 1st, or certainly 2nd, round with a "can't miss" (literally and figuratively) kicker.

If you can get a money kicker who can put a huge majority of his kick-offs through the end zone, hits 90% of his film goals, and has a 60 yard leg, then yes!!!! …. Considering how valuable a great kicker can be to a team (points, field position, etc.), he is well worth a high round pick. I'd go as high as end of the 1st, or certainly 2nd, round with a "can't miss" (literally and figuratively) kicker.

Sorta like Gary Anderson, huh... riiiighhttt.