If the 'Skins cut RGIII this offseason would you want him?

dayman

His regression as a player has been because of a variety of injuries and his difficulty in adapting to being a drop back passer, which the Redskins have wanted him to become because of the injuries and their impact on his speed and elusiveness. The Catch-22 is that he cannot adapt if he's not playing, which is the case now. The celebrity status stuff is overblown by the press who are looking for stories. It certainly wasn't mentioned or a factor in his rookie year. Griffin is basically a quiet, articulate guy from a military family who doesn't identify, and apparently hang out, with the many under-educated and boisterous types he has to play with. They resent it and this has hurt him publicly. The press has even gone so far as to elicit comments from individual players in this regard. It's, overall, a nasty situation, especially when, on top of everything, your coach dislikes you and publicly says so.

Media and coaching ruined him. Hard to tell whats left.

I will never forgive Shanahan, i watched the game. and it made me sick he put him back in.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

His regression as a player has been because of a variety of injuries and his difficulty in adapting to being a drop back passer, which the Redskins have wanted him to become because of the injuries and their impact on his speed and elusiveness. The Catch-22 is that he cannot adapt if he's not playing, which is the case now. The celebrity status stuff is overblown by the press who are looking for stories. It certainly wasn't mentioned or a factor in his rookie year. Griffin is basically a quiet, articulate guy from a military family who doesn't identify, and apparently hang out, with the many under-educated and boisterous types he has to play with. They resent it and this has hurt him publicly. The press has even gone so far as to elicit comments from individual players in this regard. It's, overall, a nasty situation, especially when, on top of everything, your coach dislikes you and publicly says so.

The Shanahan's adapted the offense to a simplified, read option offense to take advantage of his talents and mask his deficiencies. He decided after his rookie year that he wasn't going to play in that system anymore and wanted to play in a more traditional drop back system. He doesn't have the pocket awareness or ability to read the defense to succeed in that role.

Like Manuel (or Kaepernick), he may find some success in a one read offense that takes advantage of his running ability, but he lacks the inherent skill set to be an NFL pocket passer.

Lot of experts here! I'd definitely be interested in having him on the Bills. Would he go somewhere to be a backup? I suppose he might have to. Depending on how Tyrod finishes the year, he would likely have a good chance to compete here. Might be one of his best options. I don't know the contract particulars, but if it were possible to bring him in on the cheap, why not? Another arm to try out in preseason with the Bills system. If he fails, you cut him. If they can get him here, I don't see why we wouldn't give him look.

Yeah, provided the contract is structured favorable to us, I'll try anything

JaMarcus Russell is available.

He's shown better pocket capability than Taylor.

When and where?

My God this place is becoming almost unbearable. I'm an RGIII lover for asking what people think about possibly bringing him in as a freaking back-up after he is inevitably cut? You guys do realize EJ Manuel is our current back-up, correct? I get it...RGIII has been a disaster but I was asking what you guys thought right now about having him in camp...nothing more.

Jesus.

I've been saying EJ is terrible and shouldn't be in the league since the moment we drafted him and I am flamed...up until the Jags game basically. I mention possibly giving RGIII a chance to win the back-up job and this?

No winning here lol

Winning? That's funny considering this thread. There is legitimate discussion and then there's throwing crap at a wall. Apparently there is no limit to who we consider at QB. As long as you were drafted in the first round and have a name people know. Doesn't matter how bad you are, someone will think you're worth a flyer. Heck if EJ Manuel played on another team, someone here would be lobbying to bring him in. After all, he can't be worse than what we have, right? :doh: Edited by PromoTheRobot

NNNNNOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My god, do you watch football? Have you not seen the hot mess of RG3 the last couple of years. He had one good year before people figured out the zone read, and his knee never recovered as he is slower than before. He holds onto the ball too long, gets sacked like crazy.

He will be out of football soon.

These are not mutually exclusive options.

exactly.

Griffin might fit in Romans offense as a BU. that's all the OP is saying. I can see that.

Where are the folks with the change of scenery method? If anyone needs it, that person would be Robert.