If the 'Skins cut RGIII this offseason would you want him?

dayman

Exactly. It's amazing how this just pops up over and over. And the OP's "I don't watch his team and he stinks in Washington, but what do you think?" is a real hook...

Well it takes all types of folks to make up a fanbase.

i mean i still exist here. and i really have little football knowledge. I know that 43 is the Mike though!

But I did learn the hard way not to start a conversation/thread when lacking a foundation of arrogant presumptions.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is the perfect spot for RGIII. He's been humbled and he can now begin the task of rebuilding his career with a clean slate under a head coach like Rex. The expectation would be that he'd be Tyrod's backup and when pressed into action (it's clear Tyrod's going to miss games every season) RGIII may flourish with a solid O line, running game and skilled receiving options. That's when you hope you have two young similar-styled QBs who are making each other better in a QB competition.

If he doesn't put in the work then you just cut him and move on.

I think this is the perfect spot for RGIII. He's been humbled and he can now begin the task of rebuilding his career with a clean slate under a head coach like Rex. The expectation would be that he'd be Tyrod's backup and when pressed into action (it's clear Tyrod's going to miss games every season) RGIII may flourish with a solid O line, running game and skilled receiving options. That's when you hope you have two young similar-styled QBs who are making each other better in a QB competition.

If he doesn't put in the work then you just cut him and move on.

what about his salary ? he aint gonna be free : )

what about his salary ? he aint gonna be free : )

I don't see any NFL team signing RGIII to a substantial, player-friendly contract. If that's the case, the Bills would probably end up be high on his list since they would probably have the best roster among those teams looking to add for a legit QB competition. Other than the Bills, he would probably want to sign with the Texans, but I doubt that O'Brien will want him.

I don't see any NFL team signing RGIII to a substantial, player-friendly contract. If that's the case, the Bills would probably end up be high on his list since they would probably have the best roster among those teams looking to add for a legit QB competition. Other than the Bills, he would probably want to sign with the Texans, but I doubt that O'Brien will want him.

I know where RGIII will end up..... he will end up where the last most nationally covered backup in the league ended up..... welcome to New York Robert.

I know where RGIII will end up..... he will end up where the last most nationally covered backup in the league ended up..... welcome to New York Robert.

well my dear friend Nostradamus : )

How much will he cost in New York dollars?

I might have thought you meant Cleveland..

My God this place is becoming almost unbearable. I'm an RGIII lover for asking what people think about possibly bringing him in as a freaking back-up after he is inevitably cut? You guys do realize EJ Manuel is our current back-up, correct? I get it...RGIII has been a disaster but I was asking what you guys thought right now about having him in camp...nothing more.

Jesus.

I've been saying EJ is terrible and shouldn't be in the league since the moment we drafted him and I am flamed...up until the Jags game basically. I mention possibly giving RGIII a chance to win the back-up job and this?

No winning here lol

Edited by Rex'sOffense

I'm no longer a Griffin fan and don't believe the Bills should pursue him, but how has he not dedicated himself? He's been physically ruined by one coach and publicly abused by his current coach and by the press. The Redskins have attempted to totally change his game, which is difficult for someone who's never been a pocket passer and has had limited opportunity, because of injuries and benchings, to adapt to being one. Griffin has dedicated himself to once again become healthy. But the Redskins, understandably, will not play him because if they do and he gets injured they'll have to pay him a big, upcoming bonus even if they intend to rid themselves of him, which is clearly the plan. You appear to have swilled the generously poured Kool Aid about this guy. He needs a new start but it shouldn't be in Buffalo. He also needs to get a break from being made out to be something he's, by the facts and circumstances as we know them, not.

There has been a lot of talk over the past several years coming from RG3's teammates that he's been more concerned with his celebrity status and off the field life than he has been with improving as a player and taking a leadership role. His regression as a player bears that out. Thus my caveat about him finding some humility and willingness to earn his place before even considering him.

Edited by BarleyNY

I've been saying EJ is terrible and shouldn't be in the league since the moment we drafted him and I am flamed...up until the Jags game basically. I mention possibly giving RGIII a chance to win the back-up job and this?

RGII reads defenses worse than EJ Manuel. That is how bad I believe he is when asked to read a defense. Does have a better physical toolkit? Sure. But I wouldn't take him even for camp fodder. His career is as done as EJ's in my mind.

RGII reads defenses worse than EJ Manuel. That is how bad I believe he is when asked to read a defense. Does have a better physical toolkit? Sure. But I wouldn't take him even for camp fodder. His career is as done as EJ's in my mind.

Your probably right (although I'm no sure it is actually "worse"..EJ is about as bad as it gets). I'm just not sure what else we'll end up having in camp.

I also know that I would prefer if...for instance...Tyrod went down 1st quarter next week to have an RGII that has been with the team for months and gone through camp and preseason to go out and play than for EJ to be out there. I never want to see EJ on the field again for the Bills.

Edited by Rex'sOffense

Your probably right (although I'm no sure it is actually "worse"..EJ is about as bad as it gets). I'm just not sure what else we'll end up having in camp.

I think he is worse. He has no idea what he is looking at and which players he should be reacting to. He is a better thrower than EJ but his ability to read defenses is non-existent.

I think in camp you go the seasoned vet route. But unlike when they brought Cassel in this year you don't bring him in telling him it is his job to lose. You bring him in saying "Tyrod's the guy it is his job if you want it you gotta go and try win otherwise you are my steady backup." Fitz might be available and would be the perfect fit.

Edited by GunnerBill

I think he is worse. He has no idea what he is looking at and which players he should be reacting to. He is a better thrower than EJ but his ability to read defenses is non-existent.

I think in camp you go the seasoned vet route. But unlike when they brought Cassel in this year you don't bring him in telling him it is his job to lose. You bring him in saying "Tyrod's the guy it is his job if you want it you gotta go and try win otherwise you are my steady backup." Fitz might be available and would be the perfect fit.

Oh don't get me wrong if Fitz were available it would be no-brainer. I'm talking about RG as a flyer guy who is brought in along with another guy to basically both push Tyrod and battle for the #2 between the two of them. Hell...as we all know from following Fitz's career...he doesn't go places and back people up. Fitz will always start wherever he goes and if he came here next year he would as well. I would actually kind of like Fitz as our starter next year w/ Tyrod backing him up.

Hell if we could bring in a Fitz-level QB, a big WR that is good and can start at #2, and draft 1 or 2 oline guys for depth in the draft I'll be good on offense--frankly.

Edited by Rex'sOffense

There has been a lot of talk over the past several years coming from RG3's teammates that he's been more concerned with his celebrity status and off the field life than he has been with improving as a player and taking a leadership role. His regression as a player bears that out. Thus my caveat about him finding some humility and willingness to earn his place before even considering him.

His regression as a player has been because of a variety of injuries and his difficulty in adapting to being a drop back passer, which the Redskins have wanted him to become because of the injuries and their impact on his speed and elusiveness. The Catch-22 is that he cannot adapt if he's not playing, which is the case now. The celebrity status stuff is overblown by the press who are looking for stories. It certainly wasn't mentioned or a factor in his rookie year. Griffin is basically a quiet, articulate guy from a military family who doesn't identify, and apparently hang out, with the many under-educated and boisterous types he has to play with. They resent it and this has hurt him publicly. The press has even gone so far as to elicit comments from individual players in this regard. It's, overall, a nasty situation, especially when, on top of everything, your coach dislikes you and publicly says so.