Mafia offering to help with ISIS

Saxum

Forget Anonymous — the Mafia Is Ready to Take on ISIS

http://news.yahoo.com/forget-anonymous-mafia-ready-isis-183319273.html

In the fight against the Islamic State, the American government is being offered help from an unlikely source: the Mafia.
"These people are like walking machines. ISIS brainwashes them through the Internet," Giovanni Gambino told Mic of the terrorist threat. "You need to beat the !@#$ out of them to the point where they stop coming back to life."

This sounds like my favorite scene in The Rocketeer with the mob boss and lead FBI agent shooting Nazis side-by-side.

But history shows that the Mafia's offer is not as unusual as it seems. Despite its status outside the law, organized crime has a long history of working with the federal government. During World War II, mob icon Charlie "Lucky" Luciano provided intelligence and support networks from his prison cell for the war effort and played an integral role in Operation Husky, the 1943 Allied invasion of Sicily.

Forget Anonymous — the Mafia Is Ready to Take on ISIS

http://news.yahoo.com/forget-anonymous-mafia-ready-isis-183319273.html

This sounds like my favorite scene in The Rocketeer with the mob boss and lead FBI agent shooting Nazis side-by-side.

Little known fact: the Mafia helped out the US Army in setting up the occupation government on Sicily.

In a bout between them and ISIS, though, I'll take ISIS.

Little known fact: the Mafia helped out the US Army in setting up the occupation government on Sicily.

In a bout between them and ISIS, though, I'll take ISIS.

Why would you say that? It seems la cosa nostra has quite the "underground" organization and numbers. One would think ISIS would be hit quick from all different angles