Trot Nixon Blasts A-Rod!

slothrop

Nixon Blasts A-Rod

As a Mets fan, I despise both teams, but I like the rivalry.

The best quote from the article:

Yankees position players report Sunday and start workouts Feb. 22. Red Sox pitchers and catchers are due in camp by Thursday with the first full squad workout scheduled for Tuesday. Nixon has been in Fort Myers since last week.

He didn't say that A-Rod had criticized his workout regimen. But Nixon did say that Rodriguez boasted about his own regimen.

"Like Rodriguez says," Nixon said, "he's running stairs at 6 in the morning while I'm sleeping and taking my kids to school. I'm like, well I'm not a deadbeat dad, Alex."

On Nov. 18, Rodriguez's wife gave birth to a daughter.

"He's got a kid now, too, so I guess he'll have his limo driver take her to school," Nixon said.

I not really sure why the Red Sox are talking all this sh-- about A-Rod. Why would you want the best player (arguably) in the game to get pissed? I can see Shilling talking smack - he earned it. But Trot Nixon? Who the hell is Trot Nixon to talk anything?

Ok - but he was hurt most of the year and hit .207 against the Yankees in the AL Championship series. Like I said above, some players have the right to talk smack (like Schilling) - but Nixon needs to shut up and stop being jealous.

Nixon wishes he was a quarter of the player A-Rod is.

"He's got a kid now, too, so I guess he'll have his limo driver take her to school," Nixon said.

Oh SNAP! Oh no he didn't! :D

Actually, it's pretty rare for a player to bring another player's personal life into the smack talking. I don't like ARod but I think this may have crossed the line a bit.

What's wrong with taking your kid to school in a limo....

Why didnt Nixon take off his Catchers Equipment last year when A-rod and him had a spat?? Hmmm of course your not going to get punched in the face when your wearing a mask...

241719[/snapback]

That was Varitek.

Why didnt Nixon take off his Catchers Equipment last year when A-rod and him had a spat?? Hmmm of course your not going to get punched in the face when your wearing a mask...

So we have a red sox fan who thinks he plays left field, and a yankee fan who thinks he is the catcher!!!

not sure which is worse.

and here is good old gary talking now:

"I said I didn't know I took steroids, the bottom line was I thought it was rubbing cream on my legs. I am not like Jason Giambi sitting here crying and say it's unfair, that the attacks are unfair. I have been attacked my whole career. I have been accused of a lot of things."

Nothing better than spending time worrying about what a guy on another team is doing.

241642[/snapback]

Or, better yet, nothing like spending your time worrying about what guys on every other team are doing.

"I know there are 650 or 700 other players who are sleeping this morning," A-Rod said. "Either that, or they're taking their kids to school. But there's no way they're going to be up running the stairs or doing what I'm doing."

:rolleyes::lol: