Madden '05 gives me confidence

scribo

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate that you can't make players restructure in this game, to me that is the biggest flaw.

What is your biggest margin of victory? I beat Indy in the playoffs 118-0.

241820[/snapback]

Wow! I can score points, but I cannot stop anyone... my games are usually high scoring shoot outs! Playing six minute quarters, I think the most I ever scored in a game was 62, but the final score was something like 62-38. More like arena football! My biggest margin of victory was 32 points, against the Chiefs...at Arrowhead!

I haven't played it in a while, but when I did I used Bledose in 04, then traded him and a 3rd rounder for Dan Kreider :lol: FB from Pittsburgh - he was the highest rated blocking FB. JP steadily improved each season, as did Evans and McGahee (traded Henry after 2 seasons - second he was the MVP - to the Lions for the #1 pick in the draft - next season he missed with the Lions due to injury :rolleyes: ). JP got up to about a 97 or so. I haven't played the game in a while because I got sick of the insanely hard level that all-Madden is. I went 15-1 and blew out the Eagles in the SB in All-Pro, then couldn't get over .500 in all-Madden. I expected a dropoff, but not by that much. Especially with the high ratings I had for nearly every player (Spikes, Moorman, M Williams, Clements all at 99, Milloy, Moulds, JP, McGahee at 97 or 98, etc.).

I don't like the coaching contract thing with the game...  it's impossible to sign a current HC as a coordinator...  Oh well.

242061[/snapback]

That does suck. And a lot of times if a DC has success they won't sign as a DC b/c they want the HC positions.

What I hate is that sometimes my head coach will retire, and they automatically make one of my assistants head coach with a 3-year contract. I then have to fire them and lose money so I can sign the HC I want.

242074[/snapback]

You shouldn't hate.

One thing I do think is interesting is how certain players, upon retirement, become coaching candidates.

In my current Madden franchise, the one where the Bills have won 4 straight SBs and are 8-1 in the current year (as are Seattle and Baltimore), the Browns have Mularkey as their head coach (he left Buffalo after the first 2 SB wins; Jerry Gray is the Bills head coach now) and Junior Seau is the defensive coordinator!

Speaking of that franchise, I'll be interested to see the SB come down to Buffalo and Seattle. The Seahawks' only loss is to the Bills and their defense is awesome, scoring a TD almost every game. They've pitched 3 or 4 shutouts this year, too.

Plus, it would be the 2nd SB featuring 2 black head coaches (Romeo Crennell is the Seahawks' coach). The Bills beat the New Orleans Saints one time, and their head coach is Ted Cottrell.

Anybody sign Jason Gildon from free agency?

242245[/snapback]

I did, and then moved him to RDE (traded Schobel to Pittsburgh for a first round pick). He had 2 Pro Bowl seasons there. I had a nice pair of bookend DEs with Gildon and Tyler Brayton, who has made 4 straight Pro Bowls at LDE. Now, I have Bill Swancutt (actually draft eligible this year out of Oregon State) as my starting RDE. He just had 2 fumble recoveries, one for a TD, in his last game. He's not as good as Gildon was, but he's not a huge dropoff, plus he's young.

Anybody sign Jason Gildon from free agency?

242245[/snapback]

LIke R Rich said, Gildon was actually very good in the game. Lots of sacks. I had him at LDE for a while (sorry Kelsay) then traded him as he neared the end of his contract (my standard procedure for most players) and put Ty Warren at LDE eventually. Schobel was a very good RDE in the game, in the low 90's.

I just benched Bledsoe right away after I took the game out of the box. His emails were classic (love that feature by the way). Every week he kept emailing me that I'd regret it and he would become a locker room problem (class act, huh :huh: ). After 9 weeks I was 9-0, and he stopped emailing me :D .

I just benched Bledsoe right away after I took the game out of the box.  His emails were classic (love that feature by the way).  Every week he kept emailing me that I'd regret it and he would become a locker room problem (class act, huh  :huh: ).  After 9 weeks I was 9-0, and he stopped emailing me  :D .

242469[/snapback]

When I traded Bledsoe to the Ravens, the whole team turned on me. EVERYONE was unhappy and morale was low. That changed quite a bit when we won the SB though!

Is Madden 05 a soap opera or a football game? :huh:

242575[/snapback]

its a bit of both...trey teague was whining after my first SB win that he wanted to be paid like a top center, and said hed be a problem in the locker room til paid..even tho he sucks...so i said :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: and traded him to cleveland for jeff faine and a 3rd...then turned that 3rd and pucillo for eric steinbach...