Madden '05 gives me confidence

scribo

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did the SAME exact thing, got a #2 for Bledsoe from Arizona!!  :D  :)  ;)  :w00t:

241592[/snapback]

me three.... i had bledsoe play '04 and i had JPL replace him in '05 due to injury. I trade DB for a 2,4,and 5 after '05. By '07 JPL is rated 99 overall.

If only GMs were as stupid as the computer on Madden:

I traded Bledsoe and a 2nd round pick to the 'Skins for Sean Taylor, who is now a 99 rated FS.

I also traded to acquire Vernon Carey to play LG and Chester Pitts to play LT. Right now, they're rated 96 (Carey) and 95 (Pitts).

Bob Sanders (from my hometown Erie Pa!!) is our starting SS, and he's a 95 rating.

Losman has been the starter for the past 4 seasons and he's got a 99 rating.

BTW, the Bills have WON the past 4 Super Bowls. In Season 5, they're currently 8-1, in a 3 way tie w/ Baltimore (now coached by Tom Clements) and Seattle (now coached by Romeo Crennel) for the best record in the NFL.

If only GMs were as stupid as the computer on Madden:

I traded Bledsoe and a 2nd round pick to the 'Skins for Sean Taylor, who is now a 99 rated FS.

I also traded to acquire Vernon Carey to play LG and Chester Pitts to play LT.  Right now, they're rated 96 (Carey) and 95 (Pitts).

Bob Sanders (from my hometown Erie Pa!!) is our starting SS, and he's a 95 rating.

Losman has been the starter for the past 4 seasons and he's got a 99 rating. 

BTW, the Bills have WON the past 4 Super Bowls.  In Season 5, they're currently 8-1, in a 3 way tie w/ Baltimore (now coached by Tom Clements) and Seattle (now coached by Romeo Crennel) for the best record in the NFL.

241603[/snapback]

Damn, I think I lucked out with the Bills line because almost all of them are now (in '07) rated 98 or 99 with the exception of Villarial (same exact line as last season). I'm 7-1 right now in that season and i had henry leading the league in rushing.

By the way, Matthews retires after the '04 season in Madden.

241635[/snapback]

My Bills team has Chris Simms as the backup. He's not bad, either. Then again, w/ Evans and Moulds (both are All-Pros) to throw to and McGahee running the ball, it isn't that tough. Even Campbell has been surprisingly good, making 2 Pro Bowls.

If only the real world were so easy, huh?

I lost the team after an oops with the stadium upgrades, but my 2nd franchise i'm in year 4 now. I signed losman long term, got rid of bledsoe (trade), cut henry, cut moulds after year one, and now my team is sitting very cap friendly with a successful JP Losman as my qb, some draftee in the slot WR, reed as #2, and evans as #1... All 3 Wrs and QB are pro bowlers.

I lost the team after an oops with the stadium upgrades, but my 2nd franchise i'm in year 4 now.  I signed losman long term, got rid of bledsoe (trade), cut henry, cut moulds after year one, and now my team is sitting very cap friendly with a successful JP Losman as my qb, some draftee in the slot WR, reed as #2, and evans as #1...  All 3 Wrs and QB are pro bowlers.

241657[/snapback]

You can lose teams in this game?

I just finished my first complete (which would be the upcoming season) season with Losman as the starter. Losman finished with an 86 QB rating, 5100 yards (I always get in shoot outs!) 53 td's, and 20 INTS. He also had 220 yards rushing (4 rushing tds). His Madden rating went up to a 90 after that season. In addition to going to the Pro Bowl, he also wins the leauge MVP. The Bills finished 11-5, and lose to the Chiefs in the Playoffs, after knocking the Pats out in a wild card game.

In my scenario, I traded Bledsoe to the 49ers, for a 2nd and 3rd pick. I then signed Tim Rattay, who was a free agent, to back-up Losman. Rattay is awesom on Madden too. Good thing, cuz Losman gets knocked out of a lot of games, although he only missed two complete games.

Before the 2005 season, I was also able to trade Travis Henry to the Eagles for a 2nd round pick. This was before that trade became a rumour in the real world. As a back-up for McGahee, I signed the A-Train, Anthony Thomas. He ends up being a much bigger threat to break long runs than McGahee, my starter. Although Mcgahee rushes for about 1200 yards, and catches for another 300, I was never really able to break off many big runs with him. I think he only had 8 runs of 20+ yards, the longest being 44 yards. The A-train, who I didn't use nearly as much, had the same number of 20+ yard runs, one being for 83 yards...

My biggest coup, however, was trading Josh Reed and a 2nd rnd pick to the Colts, for Marcus Pollard. He was awesome for me. He caught 70 balls, for 930 yards, and 12 tds! When I played the season before (the 2004 season) with Drew, the TE's were horrid! Couldn't catch anyting.

The clinker, the computer controlled Drew Bledsoe leads the 49ers to the Super Bowl, where they end up losing to the Colts. And, I had to trade both Rattay and the A-train, after the season, because both said "I hate this place!" and their moral was low. So now, I am heading into my second season with Losman, a 2nd round pick QB named Marshall Ulrich and Charlie Batch as my QB's. Just reacting to the rumours out there, just yesterday, I traded the A-train for Corell Buckhalter! Oh what fun! I love Madden!

rubes, if you're in the red for 3 or so seasons, they make you give up the team and buy another team, or quit...  I did every single upgrade in a drunken moment and couldn't make up the cost...

241788[/snapback]

Wow. Never played it myself, but it sounds like a real kick.