I hate to admit it, but Taylor sucks

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's EJ Manual, except he protects the ball better.

Throws some horrendous passes - wide of the mark, over thrown and even more under thrown. (Just like EJ, except EJ overthrows more than he under throws.)

Throws some beautiful passes (that keep us all hopeful). (Same as EJ. This is why EJ believers remain hopeful.)

I actually think EJ is a better crunch time / 2 minute QB. (Frankly, this is more an indictment of the 2 minute offense.)

Bottom line - it's still too early to tell. We've seen more good than bad, but TT needs to show more. Effective use of his receiving weapons and the WHOLE field. Better progressions. Two minute offense. We already know that he can run, but all that guarantees is some 'flash' and an almost certain loss of time due to injury.

I like him.

I'm pulling for him.

But I'm not sure of his potential yet - I just cross my fingers more often than not.

BTW - it was nice to see the Defense play up to its potential. Even better - knowing that they did so without Kyle Williams, Arron Williams, Mario Williams, part of Dareus, with Duke Williams in there.

Claiming or theorizing?

Yes, it is all conjecture. No one knows what if.

Based on the scores in the two games EJ played in, one with a very bad for 5 minutes, I would have to say yes.

21 points with an INT and 24 points with 2 INT's

INT's are bad, but if the end result is pushing it down field and scoring more points ...... I'd opt for the points.

I would have to say yes sounds like a claim, not a theory. Regardless, we had a streak where neither QB got much help from our depleted skill players and it sucked.

Still better than EJ, still the best QB on the roster, but he surely isn't the long term answer at QB.

I really wanted to believe, but he is another checkdown or scramble guy that can't consistently read the defense and throw down the field.

It's frustrating.

I love how people think they know if the QB will be long term...

Wasn't that the game that we almost lost because Tyrod Taylor was so bad for 57 minutes of the game?

It doesn't matter how bad Tyrod played, or the fact he can't read defenses or throw to the middle of the field, the refs lost us the Patriots game. Period.

See how stupid, irrational, and annoying that is?

It doesn't matter how bad Tyrod played, or the fact he can't read defenses or throw to the middle of the field, the refs lost us the Patriots game. Period.

The refs blew some stuff, sure, but if Hotrod throws a few of those bombs 3 yards longer instead of short and Leodis doesn't muff the punt, someone doesn't miss a tackle in the final minute of the first half, we still win. Refs were bad, but we had too many unrealized opportunities. The game was there for the taking regardless.

You sound like a Seahawks fan.

See how stupid, irrational, and annoying that is?

Self-flagellation makes you no fun.

The refs blew some stuff, sure, but if Hotrod throws a few of those bombs 3 yards longer instead of short and Leodis doesn't muff the punt, someone doesn't miss a tackle in the final minute of the first half, we still win. Refs were bad, but we had too many unrealized opportunities. The game was there for the taking regardless.

Kind of sounds like the London game ... Had mistakes not been made other than by EJ ..... B-)

I wasnt serious. I was making a point to the specific poster.

I even said how stupid and irrational that sounds.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

Listen I like Tyrod a lot... and for what we paid and where he was drafted he has exceeded expectations BY FAR... but we have some elite receiving talent that aren't getting the ball enough... we need a QB that can get these guys the ball OFTEN on a consistent basis. Of course you need to let this season play out and see if Tyrod can do this. I have always been a fan of pocket qbs ... but Rex Ryan doesn't seem to like a pocket guy so we'll see what happens. Be calm and let this season play out.. AT THE VERY LEAST the next 2 weeks. A good promising QB will play well in 2 games against mediocre defense teams that have playoff implications. Yes the Chiefs have a top 5 run defense and the Texans have a top 5 pass defense as of right now but neither are top 5 in total defense. Tyrod needs to play well in these games.

Wilson got better as the season went on. Tyrod is heading in the other direction.

TT just 2 weeks earlier had a game where he had ONE PASS INCOMPLETION......

QB success is not measured on a god damn graph......it is up and down....it is based on the competition faced......it is based on how many times did his receivers drop balls that they could have caught.

TT just 2 weeks earlier had a game where he had ONE PASS INCOMPLETION......

QB success is not measured on a god damn graph......it is up and down....it is based on the competition faced......it is based on how many times did his receivers drop balls that they could have caught.

John, not this again

IIRC in same game Tannehill had 17 straight pass completions.

Also

In a two game stretch -

Dolphins' Ryan Tannehill sets NFL record with 25 straight completions

Facing the Texans Tannehill completed his first 18 passes.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25353208/dolphins-ryan-tannehill-sets-nfl-record-with-25-consecutive-completions

That is an accomplishment you boast about.

I like Tyrod, he just isn't one of the top 10 passer in the league with 20 or more passes in a game over half a season

edit --

continued

Let me try to show you the fault once again in the stats with a small sample size.

Player ATT COMP PCT YDS LNG RATING

Cecil Shorts 1 1 100 21 21 158.3

Kellen Clemens 6 5 83.3 63 19 150

Matt Moore 1 1 100 14 4 118.8

Are these guys honestly the top 3 passers in the league?

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

John, not this again

IIRC in same game Tannehill had 17 straight pass completions.

Also

In a two game stretch -

Dolphins' Ryan Tannehill sets NFL record with 25 straight completions

Facing the Texans Tannehill completed his first 18 passes.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25353208/dolphins-ryan-tannehill-sets-nfl-record-with-25-consecutive-completions

That is an accomplishment you boast about.

I like Tyrod, he just isn't one of the top 10 passer in the league with 20 or more passes in a game over half a season

Not to agree or disagree, but to be fair to tyrod - he does drive the ball down the field a lot more. Tannehill doesn't throw more than 3 or 4 yards beyond the line of scrimmage.