Yoga = ''Cultural genocide''

WTF? If Yoga needs a safe space, then I think it's time America sack's up and reclaims the hamburger.

Shut down all burger stands outside the country!!!

Oh, and WTH are the Canucks thinking? Cultural genocide, and oppressed??? Did they take a !@#$ing look around them and see what they did to their own indigenous people? And they're fretting over copying some stretching moves created centuries ago by someone deeply breathing the morning air sharply scented by the sweet smell of elephant dung and monkey droppings. Swami A.C. Baktividanti Pravhupada wasn't born yesterday, nor in Ottawa. So stop importing all world cultures then, you xenophobes and retreat into your igloos. Oops. Was that culturally insensitive? !@#$ it. Who cares?

• 2 months later...

If yoga and rice are cultural theft by white people, I propose that non-whites who are offended by whites who eat rice or do yoga, should not have access to stuff invented by white people such as Alternating Current

Or the internet.

Yet another case/chapter for my "No Tears for the Etruscans?" book. (I changed the title to make it more derisive)

And, yeah, I've done Yoga. Plenty. Like with anything else, before I spend more than a few hours on something, I do the reading. This is why I know that Yoga, of all things, is not some pure ethos developed by one people/culture, and therefore I know this story is a hilarious display of ignorance. :lol: Yoga is the perfect speciemen for total refutation of this "cultural appropriation" nonsense :rolleyes: , since before it became formalized, it was a dumpter fire of different, often contradictory tenets and philosophical approaches.

Its entire history is "appropriation". It comes from friggin India, of all places, which to this day, STILL has 22 official languages...but is a monolithic culture? :lol: How do these idiots think the British got/kept India? The British wouldn't have lasted a week without setting one tiny pricipality against the next. And, if it wasn't for the British, there would be no India or Pakistan, since they were also the only thing that cold unite India...against them. Even that wasn't enough, because: Pakistan. How much of Yoga comes from what is now Pakistan? None? :lol: Wrong.

Yoga is an amalgamation of what works and common sense woven together by an underlying theme. But understand, the "what works" part came long before the theme. Nobody was ever going to buy into the words if the actions didn't produce results. Yoga has always been a solution to a problem first, a philosophy next.

Ah, the howls of the ignorant. Such a funny sound.

I wonder how much $ India's "Minister of Yoga" :lol: gets paid. What a job. What's he gonna do? Start suing women in Yoga pants? No. He's going to sit on his ass, make a few speeches and collect his check, just like every other top-level government d-bag, in every other social program, in every other government. (EDIT: OTOH, spanking non-observant women who wear Yoga pants and putting it on the internet is a sure $ money maker. :lol:)

Edited by OCinBuffalo