Coaches Fired This Seasom

truth on hold

My viewpoint differs somewhat.

Cleveland 2-9 - Mike Pettine- GONE

Tennessee 2-9 already fired Ken Wisenhunt Interim HC Mike Mularkey- GONE

San Fran 3-8- Jim Tomsula - does he get another year? I dunno with GM Trent Baalke one never knows. my guess is GONE

Dallas 3-8 Jason Garrett - I have a tough time thinking Garrett survives this season. Maybe gone! It really is to bad for the Cowboy fans that have to put up with the owner as GM. GONE

San Diego- 3-8 Mike McCoy- I think he stays.

St Louis 4-7 Jeff Fisher -@ 7 mill per, and 4 years with the team 24-34-1 I'd be surprised if he stays. considering what Bruce Arians has done for Arizona so quickly. GONE!

Jacksonville-4-7 Gus Bradley gets another year with Bortles at QB.

Miami 4-7 Fired Joe Philbin- Dan Cambell interim GONE I think they go after Jim Schwartz hard this off season

Baltimore 4-7 John Harbaugh- safe

Philly 4-7 its all up to Chip Kelly if he is offered the Titans job to coach his boy

New Orleans 4-7 Sean Payton safe unless he wants to leave. The Saints defense is complete crap

Detroit 4-7 Jim Caldwell- so much depends on how the team finishes this year, as they have won 3 straight, and have 5 to go. 9-7 or 8-8 is conceivable. If so he stays.

Buffalo 5-6 Rex Ryan- like Detroit so much will depend on how this team finishes this season. With 5 games to go the team could still finish 10-6 or 5-11, and anything close to the later he is history with his crappy defensive scheme!

Indy 6-5 Chuck Pagano- its the defense that is letting the team down more then the offense with an injured Luck. Besides they have won three straight. He stays.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a tidbit about Jeff Fisher on nfl.com

Fisher has six winning seasons in 21 years as an NFL head coach, but it's believed that he has strong organizational support from owner Stan Kroenke and general manager Les Snead. F

Six winning seasons in over two decades of NFL coaching. How does he do that!!!!! and Mike Mularkey was sent packing after a 9-7 record.

Mularkey quit.

No way Rex gets fired unless the dumpster fire reaches the main building. In his defense, the personnel that he has on D does not fit his D. They will give him another year, even two.

Agreed, Rex stays. Dennis Thurman needs to go though. We have great personal on the defensive side of the ball. We need to change the scheme to fit personnel, not change the personnel to fit the scheme. We need Schwartz back!

BigPappy

Whisenhunt gone in tenny, will mularkey get it too? I say YES

Philbin gone in Miami, will Campbell get fired too? I say NO

Other teams could be firing coaches:

Pettine/browns...a bum that never adddd anything YES

Caldwell/lions....he's milked "I once coached Peyton Manning" too much YES

Pagano/colts...I say stays at least another year NO

Peyton/saints...he took the first move protecting his ass firing Ryan, but if they don't improve I see him gone too NO

Chargers/McCoy....big under achievers, with a move to LA pending, I could see a cleaning out of the coaching staff YES

Smith/Tampa bay....they finish just close enough to .500 to buy lovie another year with Winston NO

Throw in the one unexpected case of falling out or retirement and I see the typical 5-6 vacancies at year end

Only thing I disagree with is Pettine. They're gonna give him a third year, even if it's just an ego thing to say they didn't fire him too soon like the last one.

San Fran 3-8- Jim Tomsula - does he get another year? I dunno with GM Trent Baalke one never knows. my guess is GONE

Dallas 3-8 Jason Garrett - I have a tough time thinking Garrett survives this season. Maybe gone! It really is to bad for the Cowboy fans that have to put up with the owner as GM. GONE

I forgot about Tomsula - he could go. That was a strange appointment in the first place. Roman or Fangio would have been better fits if they wanted to promote from within.

Garrett I think will stay. Jerry loves him, because he doesn't challenge him he knows the situation in which he is working and the Cowboys are 3-0 in games that Romo has started and finished. That injury, plus the Bryant injury, plus the shuffling at tailback has really hurt them and I think Jerry knows that. The only way Garrett goes is if Dallas believe they can get Payton.

Edited by GunnerBill

No way Rex gets fired unless the dumpster fire reaches the main building. In his defense, the personnel that he has on D does not fit his D. They will give him another year, even two.

Then why the f%$# did he take the job? Why the f%$# did he talk about how awesome his talent was going to be? Why the f%$# did we resign Hughes and Dareus when they "aren't the right fit?" Give me a break "doesn't fit his D!" What the f%$# is his D??? This defense was one of the NFL's best last year and he neutered it.

Then why the f%$# did he take the job? Why the f%$# did he talk about how awesome his talent was going to be? Why the f%$# did we resign Hughes and Dareus when they "aren't the right fit?" Give me a break "doesn't fit his D!" What the f%$# is his D??? This defense was one of the NFL's best last year and he neutered it.

it isn't Hughes and Dareus that don't fit. They are two of the best.

They have to upgrade the ILBs and safeties - mainly replace Duke W. (missing AW most of the year was a major problem). That would fit his scheme better. A huge difference between last year and this year is they don't have half the guys they had on the field last year either. Having AW and Searcy as the two safeties week in and week out to know what they are doing and have that stability >> Rambo and Duke running around aimlessly

Edited by YoloinOhio

Neither of two interimers survive for me. So that is vacancies in Miami and Tennessee.

I think Pagano will be gone.

I think McCoy will be gone.

I think Pettine will be gone.

I think Peyton and New Orleans are heading for a messy divorce.

I think Chip and Philly are also heading for a messy divorce.

Caldwell and Lovie will be ok I think and for some reason the Rams look like they will keep Fisher but I would fire him. I would also fire Rex Ryan. But that won't happen unless we lose out and then there is a small chance.

That leaves in my mind openings in:

Miami

Tennessee

Indianapolis

San Diego

Cleveland

New Orleans

Philadelphia

People who will definitely be NFL Head Coaches by the start of next season:-

Sean Peyton; Hue Jackson; Sean McDermott and (if he wants to be) Josh McDaniels. I think McDaniels wants to wait and succeed BB though.

Depending on how the rest of the Giants season goes, I think you could see Coughlin forced out, especially if Payton comes available. The Sean Payton thing could be very intersesting as he might incite a few teams to move on from their coaches to get in the race, namely Dallas, the Giants, and Cleveland. If he is fired, he will be the hottest coaching candidate to come along in a long time, probably surpassing the Chip Kelly nonsense of a few years ago. He has ties to both Dallas and the Giants and Cleveland is probably willing to just give someone the keys to the whole football team at this point. He will be the highest paid NFL coach.

My viewpoint differs somewhat.

Cleveland 2-9 - Mike Pettine- GONE

Tennessee 2-9 already fired Ken Wisenhunt Interim HC Mike Mularkey- GONE

San Diego- 3-8 Mike McCoy- I think he stays.

St Louis 4-7 Jeff Fisher -@ 7 mill per, and 4 years with the team 24-34-1 I'd be surprised if he stays. considering what Bruce Arians has done for Arizona so quickly. GONE!

Jacksonville-4-7 Gus Bradley gets another year with Bortles at QB.

Miami 4-7 Fired Joe Philbin- Dan Cambell interim GONE I think they go after Jim Schwartz hard this off season

Baltimore 4-7 John Harbaugh- safe

Philly 4-7 its all up to Chip Kelly if he is offered the Titans job to coach his boy

New Orleans 4-7 Sean Payton safe unless he wants to leave. The Saints defense is complete crap

Detroit 4-7 Jim Caldwell- so much depends on how the team finishes this year, as they have won 3 straight, and have 5 to go. 9-7 or 8-8 is conceivable. If so he stays.

Buffalo 5-6 Rex Ryan- like Detroit so much will depend on how this team finishes this season. With 5 games to go the team could still finish 10-6 or 5-11, and anything close to the later he is history with his crappy defensive scheme!

Indy 6-5 Chuck Pagano- its the defense that is letting the team down more then the offense with an injured Luck. Besides they have won three straight. He stays.

Nihil- I think you nailed it bud. No way on Rex. The Pegulas have 27.5 mil into him so even at 5-11, he would get two more years.

Kelly won't get fired but could leave. Not sure on McCoy. GM is from Polian tree (St. Francis HS graduate) and is not quick to pull the trigger. Same with Jax. The front office knows they gave Bradley the least talented team in the league. They have to keep hitting on their drafts.

I don't think any of the experienced HCs get another shot so quickly like Rex and Fox last year.

Looks to me like the Bears are pointing up and playing better now than they did at the beginning of the season and are now 5-6 matching their win total for all of 2014.

John is the most under rated coach IMHO. He took the Panthers to the SB with Jake Delhomme at QB and lost on a last second FG to the Patsies**. He took the Broncos to the SB and lost to a team with a D that whipped everyone's ass all year. Now he has the Bears pointing in the right direction and still you talk about him as if he were a poor coach that teams this year should avoid experienced coaches like him.

I wish we had hired him instead of Rex.

Looks to me like the Bears are pointing up and playing better now than they did at the beginning of the season and are now 5-6 matching their win total for all of 2014.

John is the most under rated coach IMHO. He took the Panthers to the SB with Jake Delhomme at QB and lost on a last second FG to the Patsies**. He took the Broncos to the SB and lost to a team with a D that whipped everyone's ass all year. Now he has the Bears pointing in the right direction and still you talk about him as if he were a poor coach that teams this year should avoid experienced coaches like him.

I wish we had hired him instead of Rex.

Errr really? All I did was comment thaf i don't think any of the probable coaches let go this year get another shot the very next season as Rex and fox did last year. Not a comment on either of the aforementioned coaching skills, rather a comment on the hireability of the coaches I see departing this year.

Nihil- I think you nailed it bud. No way on Rex. The Pegulas have 27.5 mil into him so even at 5-11, he would get two more years.

Kelly won't get fired but could leave. Not sure on McCoy. GM is from Polian tree (St. Francis HS graduate) and is not quick to pull the trigger. Same with Jax. The front office knows they gave Bradley the least talented team in the league. They have to keep hitting on their drafts.

The ineptitude this man has shown this year in so many facets leads me to think that there is no way Ryan stays if this team finishes 7-9 or worse. He might get by with an 8-8, and even that is iffy in my view.

This isn't a first time head coach as the guy had 6 years with the Jets, and they basically got worse every year to 4-12 last year. Ryan was a laughing stock to Bills fans after Marrone / Schwartz owned him in both games. 43-23, 38 -3 ring any bells?Then he blamed his failure on the GM for not getting him players, and his QB who threw a whole lot of INT's.

After 7 seasons you should know how to get the players disciplined enough to not lead the league in penalties! The man is a supposed defensive guru, and he castrated the #4 defense, the #1 in sacks from last year with his inept scheme.

Game management, and not knowing when to throw the red flag are forgivable for first time head coaches, and rookie staffs. However, this crew has mostly been together for 7 years and should know wtf they are doing as professionals!!!

Rex Ryan comes off as a big mouth clown who gets his players to love him despite all the losing, and his inept scheme. Funny how Marcel Dareus was saying in pre season Ryan was using him incorrectly, and now we all finally see why. 20th in total defense, and 30th in sacks WTF!! :bag:

Everything will depend on how badly these new owners want to win because the team is making a healthy profit even if the team ends up 5-11. Its hard to ignore this kind of ineptitude in a professional making 5 mill a year. These new owners didn't become Billionaires by hiring stupid people or keeping stupid people on the payroll.

While Rex Ryan might be a very likable guy to the players, and fan base. I think he is has shown he is exact opposite that a family like the Pegula's want to see as a figurehead of their new franchise.

Whoa, Promo fired up at a first year Bills HC!

I like it!!

You know he completely effed up the defense when they go from 1st to 30th in sacks. #4 in total defense to #20 now. Ryan was saying earlier in the season sacks don't matter...and they don't if you want to give the opposing QB all day to throw.

If Ryan insists on running this particular scheme the Bills will need better safeties, and linebackers which might take a few years to obtain.

Nihilarian, I'm not disagreeing with your assessment of Rex's performance. I just don't see as a business decision the Pegulas moving on a first year high name coach for a bad year, because they would be giving up too much money.

The next coach would cost another $5 mil a year so that would be over $10.25 mil a year paid out to a head coach for the next four years or until someone else picks up his contract.

I've been just as disappointed with his coaching decisions, ruining our defense, and making no progress on offense, even with so many upgrades in talent.

Nihilarian, I'm not disagreeing with your assessment of Rex's performance. I just don't see as a business decision the Pegulas moving on a first year high name coach for a bad year, because they would be giving up too much money.

The next coach would cost another $5 mil a year so that would be over $10.25 mil a year paid out to a head coach for the next four years or until someone else picks up his contract.

I've been just as disappointed with his coaching decisions, ruining our defense, and making no progress on offense, even with so many upgrades in talent.

Nihilarian, I also agree with your post.

Unfortunately, I also agree with MGK above. Nothing will happen. It's too soon, and the Pegulas know that the team will still make money even though Rex was a bad hire.

The deck chairs will be rearranged (lose a good player, then sign another who is a "Rex guy"). But the unprofessional, sloppy way the team is handled will not change.

I hear ya man, and I would think so too if I didn't know there was an strange type of clause that many owners have used over the years to fire under performing head coaches, and then refused to pay them. Then its up to the said individual to hire a lawyer, and sue the team for money owed or ask the league for an arbitration. Think of it as a little guy going up against a billion dollar corporation.

This has happened a bunch of times in the past, and even the late Buffalo Bills owner did this with Wade Phillips when he refused to pay what was owed on his contract after he fired him. Al Davis did the same thing with Mike Shanahan who even won an arbitration from the league, and Davis still refused to pay him. Shanahan never did get his money owed afaik.

Besides 20 million dollars to someone who has 5 billion is 20 million out of 5000 million. Money won't be the issue if these new owners decide they want to fire or keep Ryan.

Edited by Nihilarian