Music at work options

boyst

I have two offices; I spend a majority of my time in one office specifically. Neither gets good reception and only one station comes in and it is a pop station. It was this week that I decided suicide is not such a bad thing when you are able to sing Justin Beibers news song. Being that many, many women would miss me I need an option.

I have Verizon with an unlimited data contract still (yes, they're charging me $20 extra for that thing) and can use foxfi to stream to my tablet for Pandora or Google but that is a hassle. So, does anyone have any good ideas?

• No wifi available for streaming music or such things (heck I am not even sure it reaches the back office)
  • Verizon with unlimited data and a hotspot.
  • Willing to spend $100 if it is good stuff (bluetooth speaker or something)
  • Not wanting to use my phone for music playing, though, potentially using it as Bluetooth.
  • I have two Sirius Satellite Stilletos that record Sirius with a battery and an aux output. I also have an extra dock unit that has an FM modulator I can use to go over the radio. I don't want to haul the unit back and forth. It can record 100 hours of music from regular channels if left on those.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Just get a thumbdrive full of Motorhead, Rammstein, Pantera, Zeppellin, Sabbath, Metallica, AC/DC, Iron Maiden, etc

All you need are the classics :D

that's the catch. the back office doesn't have a computer right now and i'm not sure i will get one. the computer literally had an internal melt down 2 months ago and all i have is a linux terminal which lets me do all the inventory control and production shiz.

that's another part of the pickle.

SiriusXM OnLine?

Gee thanx! We will be reading about him in the USA Today in a couple weeks.

"Crazed Carolina Cowboy Commits Country Chaos!"

can't stream music

that's the catch. the back office doesn't have a computer right now and i'm not sure i will get one. the computer literally had an internal melt down 2 months ago and all i have is a linux terminal which lets me do all the inventory control and production shiz.

can't stream music

Not even on your phone via Verizon? I know you said you were adverse to that? You did say you get bad signal, right?

Next Radio?

Verizon does seem to buck the norm with a lot of their devices though... Then there is the signal strength thing...

Not even on your phone via Verizon? I know you said you were adverse to that? You did say you get bad signal, right?

Next Radio?

Verizon does seem to buck the norm with a lot of their devices though... Then there is the signal strength thing...

I have the ability to stream thru Verizon and can do Google music or pandora. However, sirius stopped letting their stiletto stream music.

can't stream music

An "office" without a computer is a toilet room. What the hell work do you do?

Buy a big enough bluetooth speaker for the room and stream the VZ phone to the speaker. Ditch Pandora and start listening to Spotify or Songza.

And why can't you put the Stilettos in a spot where they pickup the satellite signal? Then just hook it up to the bluetooth speaker with the 3.5mm plug & cord.

Edited by GG

Spotify and a blue tooth speaker. You can get a good deal on Harmon Kardon Onyx Studio speakers right now on EBay. They had some promotion with Sprint and there are a ton of them out there. I got one for cheap and it sounds amazing. Spotify costs me 8 bucks a month...money well spent.

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

I remember my old job my office was my large training room. I brought in my radio from home and had WGR550 on when I was doing my work alone.

It was awesome

CBF

@ our control houses @ work... We have clock radios. Sometimes you have to jiggle the volume button to get them to work... Other times the AM-FM switch that is getting loose... Still other times you have to move the radio away from interference, or adjust the power cord since the power cord doubles as the antenna, to get better reception. So in conclusion, If I was Boyst (dear Lord thankfully I am NOT!), I would go the radio route because radio is a sound salvation, radio is cleaning up the nation. With that, they say you better listen to the voice of reason. But be very careful when listening to radio because they don't give you any choice 'cause they think that it's treason. That's because the radio is in the hands of such a lot of fools tryin' to anesthetize the way that you feel.

Knowing all that, just be careful all you radio fans out there!

An "office" without a computer is a toilet room. What the hell work do you do?

its a leading furniture manufactoring company, one you've likely never heard of that's about 200 yrs old. I don't want a PC or a phone in the office I have. Sadly, though, I'll have a PC again next month.

Sirius app for your phone, listen to that with your unlimited data plan

trying not to pay for Sirius. I download stern for free every day on tpd

Spotify and a blue tooth speaker. You can get a good deal on Harmon Kardon Onyx Studio speakers right now on EBay. They had some promotion with Sprint and there are a ton of them out there. I got one for cheap and it sounds amazing. Spotify costs me 8 bucks a month...money well spent.

I'll look in to them. Thanks.

I get 6mb down. 3 up with my foxfi on my phone to link tablet